Twitter: Jerry addresses RB situation

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

If this was being said by some sad behind the times fantasy football player we would all laugh and shake our heads. This is being said by an NFL General Manager. With a straight face.

This is one of the reasons this team are such media darlings, Jerry is a goldmine! They don't have to ask him hard hitting questions just ask any general question and he'll give you some insane response. This is why the media flocks to Jerry, he's not going to give insightful answers, he gives them clickbait.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
With building this OF Line through the draft Zeke is our best shot if we don't draft a RB.I think this OF Line is going to blow holes for us.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Can Jerry Jones hire Sam Presti already and let's rebuild this team the right way?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Like another poster said, the success rate for RBs drafted on day 3 is around 10%.

Ergo, there is a 90% chance any RB we draft tomorrow will be a bust.

Zeke is a known commodity, he averaged 3.5 last year with the Pats who had one of the worst olines in the league.

Our oline should be vastly better than what the Pats had last year, so maybe Zeke can get close to 3.8 to 3.9?

Keep in mind Pollard was right at 4.0 last year, so they may be thinking Zeke is not actually that much of a downgrade.

Only thing that makes sense at this point.

McMicah

Reaction score
Not only are we running it back, but we are literally going backwards and running it back. I truly believe at this point that Jerry has asked someone in private if the triplets would be willing to resign for their 95 contract values

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Don't anyone blame Dak for this upcoming season. Cowboys will be lucky to come out in 3rd out of 4 in the division, instead of last, with the decisions this front office has made.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If a ten year old playing fantasy football says “Zeke Elliott is my #1 RB next year” you chuckle and give him a break
Yes you would but Jerry didn't say that........he said Zeke still has some starting RB1 CAPABILITIES and he does ( short yards, chain mover, pass protector ( something rare to expect from a rookie), and pass catcher. Jerrys say some dumb things at times, I agree but there's nothing wrong with this statement. There are some ways Zeke can still help this offense. I think Jerry has lost so much credibility with the fan base that they are trashing ANYTHING coming out of his mouth.

Adreme

Reaction score
Like another poster said, the success rate for RBs drafted on day 3 is around 10%.

Ergo, there is a 90% chance any RB we draft tomorrow will be a bust.

Zeke is a known commodity, he averaged 3.5 last year with the Pats who had one of the worst olines in the league.

Our oline should be vastly better than what the Pats had last year, so maybe Zeke can get close to 3.8 to 3.9?

Keep in mind Pollard was right at 4.0 last year, so they may be thinking Zeke is not actually that much of a downgrade.

Only thing that makes sense at this point.
They arent even remotely similar players though. Pollard is an outside runner and Zeke runs between the tackles. I am not sure what the plan is but it does not make sense to me.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Just start Dowdle at this point. He is my RB 2 for my terrible fantasy dynasty team and this could really turn it around for me! Hand the keys to Dowdle Jerry!!

FoxF

Reaction score
I will be the last to ever defend Jerry but this draft is weak at RB and the way it played out the pick just wasn’t there. I’d been OK with taking one of Benson or Brooks in the second round over the DE project with minimal college production.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

If this was being said by some sad behind the times fantasy football player we would all laugh and shake our heads. This is being said by an NFL General Manager. With a straight face.

LOL, would say unbelievable but this is the Clampetts so it is believable.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

#FeedZeke