Twitter: Jerry calls out Special Teams Cowboys coaching

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’s too late now. Can’t fire a HC when you can still make the playoffs. It doesn’t work.

but firing Garret should be the first thing he does when the season is over or cowboys are eliminated from the playoffs.
BS. If you want to get to the next level before the roster disappears yes you can

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I'd fire O'Quinn in the morning.

Carlos Polk was a very smart player who has aboutb10 years under his belt as an ST assistant. No reason not to give him a shot here.

That unit today wasn't ready. You've got a rookie returning kicks - ST coach needs to tell him what to do. Can't assume he's remembering everything he's been taught.

That delay of game .... I'm wondering was Heath on the field for that? I can see some confusion if he's off but still no excuse

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
"I think you're going to get outcoached during this era when you come to New England. I do. I think you are," Jones said. "I give him his, not due there, but it's just what you're dealing with. My point is don't get yourself in a spot where you have to come up here and beat him, and beat them on a day like today. Don't get in a spot where that's the determining what you want to be about, where that's determining where we're going."

Silly

Reaction score
So jerry is saying that the special teams coach is going to be the scapegoat to save Jason at seasons end?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
In this case....he wouldn't be wrong. You just can't make this crap up. Question is....can you make a move now in season to clean this up?

Let's check in on the #Cowboys ST ranks for 2019: :omg:

21st in Opponent KR average

26th in FG %

27th in Punt Return Average

32nd in KR average (by a good margin)

32nd in Gross Punt Average

32nd in Net Punt Average

T-32nd in blocked kicks forced

T-32nd in punts blocked

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how every single person in the world knew the pats would pop up kick again late in the game and we weren't prepared for it?

Lol thats exactly what i told my wife. We arent accustomed to playing in the weather and they could see we were struggling to catch and hold onto anything so they pooch kicked it to make us have to field it cleanly. Just one of the many reasons belicheats staff is 1000 x's better than garretts staff.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Again. I want Garret gone as much as anyone. But firing him Mid season is pointless. It just is. It won’t help the team win anymore games this season.

Keeping Garrett won’t help the team win anymore games this season we know that. Who knows if firing Garrett will spark the team or not. It’s not like they would miss his great in game adjustments and clock management or situational football.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I’m really disappointed Jason didn’t bolt to his other offers. I think he will this time.

Who is lined up with offers for Garrett? The Giants thing was more likely a media creation. The truth is there will be little to no offers coming his way, and it assumes Jerry even decides to part ways with him. I'm still of the mind that Garrett stays no matter how bad the season turns.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who is lined up with offers for Garrett? The Giants thing was more likely a media creation. The truth is there will be little to no offers coming his way, and it assumes Jerry even decides to part ways with him. I'm still of the mind that Garrett stays no matter how bad the season turns.
The rumor is getting traction. Most likely Garrett isn’t as bad of HC as he’s been portrayed here. Afterall no one really expects any puppet to have much success with Jerry.

Garrett has proven to be a good influence in the building of the team with a better vision than we’ve seen. And we are in a better place than when he took over.

It would be interesting to see how he’d do without our dysfunctional organization. When you look around the league there’s only a few elite HC’s and usually 8-10 openings a year.

But I truly believe this will be Garretts last season barring a championship run. Rumors I heard last night is he might finally have had enough and could resign which could mean he probably has somewhere else to go.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The rumor is getting traction. Most likely Garrett isn’t as bad of HC as he’s been portrayed here. Afterall no one really expects any puppet to have much success with Jerry.

Garrett has proven to be a good influence in the building of the team with a better vision than we’ve seen. It would be interesting to see how he’d do with out our dysfunctional organization. When you look around the league there’s only a few elite HC’s and usually 8-10 openings a year.

But I truly believe this will be Garretts last season barring a championship run. Rumors I heard last night is he might finally have had enough and could resign which means he probably has somewhere else to go.
Resign? You can't resign when you have no contract.
He should have been canned years ago.
He is a phoney and wasted immense talent. I detest the guy