Twitter: Jerry calls out Special Teams Cowboys coaching

Diehardblues

Reaction score
not that Garrett doesn't deserve it but how many other owners call out their coaches in the media?
None in this manner.

Jerry wants to present a perception he sees what the fans are seeing regardless if he does what needs to be done. Lol

Gaede

Reaction score
Not really, he bounced once Jerry started interfering and forced TO on the team. I think Parcells wanted to move on from the TO experiment after one year and Jerry wouldn't let him, so he "retired."

Yeah, I also think the circus-like atmosphere Jerry fosters really took a toll on ol' Bill.

HotDog37

Reaction score

now we’re talking

That's actually the biggest issue with Garrett. It's his job to set the tone, and the preparedness down-rank to all other coaches and finally the overall approach to the players. Garrett's teams come out ill-prepared and unmotivated and he doesn't get us into position for real-time game adjustments and a change in tactical strategy when needed. The entire trickle down of ill-preparedness is seen on the sidelines of other coaches as well. In the salary cap era good coaching is more of an asset than is believed by many, and we simply don't have good coaching. It's that simple. We are not prepared and our strategy isn't good. That's coaching and leadership.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not really, he bounced once Jerry started interfering and forced TO on the team. I think Parcells wanted to move on from the TO experiment after one year and Jerry wouldn't let him, so he "retired."
That’s true . Jerry couldn’t help himself with his meddling . And while he wasn’t a puppet like the rest he still had to accept Jerry’s ways. Until he didn’t.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Bill ended up being a puppet to with Jerry’s meddling. We have had nothing but puppet type situations since Jimmy left.

Bill was smart enough to walk away from the situation. Garrett is happy being a lackey, stealing Jerry's money in the meantime.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bill was smart enough to walk away from the situation. Garrett is happy being a lackey, stealing Jerry's money in the meantime.
I’m really disappointed Jason didn’t bolt to his other offers. I think he will this time.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
The comments from Jerry after this game are the reason no self respecting coach will come here. Read rumors where even Garrett's friends and family think it's time to move on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The comments from Jerry after this game are the reason no self respecting coach will come here. Read rumors where even Garrett's friends and family think it's time to move on.
Bingo!!

Yep and I think Garrett wants out too.

I really have no hope anyone will succeed with Jerry’s ways.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I'm not a moderator but what you just said is flat out wrong! This is a game and I don't care how pissed off you are, wishing a man not to continue living is the worst thing I think I've ever seen on this board!!
I apologized for it, if you look at earlier posts.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Don't forget the screw up with Austin in the Vikings game.

*Directly* a coaching issue.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Again. I want Garret gone as much as anyone. But firing him Mid season is pointless. It just is. It won’t help the team win anymore games this season.

Mid season is the best time to dump Garrett. All the player selecting and building is done. It's game management from here on out, which Garrett is the worst at.

I'd take *any* of our coaches doing game management over Garrett. Lock him in a closet for the rest of the year, and we improve.

Zordon

Reaction score
Where did you read that?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The special team's coach wasn't the one that decided to kick so many FGs. Getting inside the 10 doesn't happen much when playing the Pats, you have to capitalize on those opportunities with TDs, not FGs. Fire that decision-maker and then let the new HC fire the ST coach. Stop scapegoating the wrong coaches, Jerry!!!