Jerry: Dak had his best game of the season

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan said he thought Dak Prescott at his best game of the season last night. “I can’t say enough about how he just played football out there.”

Jones liked how Dak used his legs, but said he “not necessarily” needs to see Dak run more. “But when it’s there, we gotta have it. That was an important game for us.”

LMAO I was going to say exactly what Jerry said...but not as a compliment.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I usually disagree with Jerry but I agree with him this time. Dak was sacked 5 times but got away from quite a few more sacks by moving around and breaking tackles. The OLine was awful. Gallup drops that TD and his stats look better than the 21 - 30 for 272 yards with a TD and 0 Ints. Add in the 7 runs for 40 yards and another TD. I actually thought we should have unleashed Dak more last night but I guess the terrible pass blocking played a part in dialing it down. No help from the running game and terrible pass blocking are a concern. Also, still concerned about MM's play calling and I also think we need a bigger RB to compliment Pollard. Pounding Pollard up the middle constantly is not a great strategy. That is not his strength as a runner.

jjtrcka22

Reaction score
The miss to Pollard was huge. But the throw that gallop dropped for a TD was also a great throw. Dak has it in him, but I don't trust him to be consistent enough over the course of a season, or even consistent enough for 4 quarters of a close game.

rags747

Reaction score
Probably more like our country's "p-word" -- 10% extreme on one side, 10% extreme the other, the rest 80% on the fence watching and going both directions. But the vocal 20% get all the attention.
Yeah but that 10% extreme on that side is worse than the 10% extreme on the other side!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan said he thought Dak Prescott at his best game of the season last night. “I can’t say enough about how he just played football out there.”

Jones liked how Dak used his legs, but said he “not necessarily” needs to see Dak run more. “But when it’s there, we gotta have it. That was an important game for us.”

Dak is so much better when he is running for his life, good plan by Jerry.
It was nice seeing Dak scramble and play outside of the box for once, he did well grabbing the reigns and playing on the run, that is his best asset.

bigE79

Reaction score

Jerry,you need new glasses..badly...I love that we won but that game had preseason stench all over it,both teams looked like ****,the coaches coached like ****,it was one of the most boring games I have seen in a long time, even winning felt blah...thank goodness for the bye week...I can't take this Texas toast offense anymore,it's like watching paint dry...lol

Brax

Reaction score

Now you can all “see” the reason the Cowboys have problems.