Video: Jerry didn’t make FA moves to setup McCarthy to fail?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I get it but they also had the greatest coach and great quarterback of all time it’s not realistic
They identified their franchise QB and built up on the defensive side of the ball. The Pats haven't had a bad, bottom feeding defense in the last 22 years. So their blueprint is easy to see and mimic.

Our front office is just too dumb to comprehend simple truths. Jerry keeps trying the build the triplets that he's had success with during his time. But that was pre-salary cap. You can't be paying a RB that type of money these days. And tagging a TE that's not a complete player? He spends too much money on the offensive side of the ball to have a top end defense year end year out.

So build through the drafts and ignoring free agency is not the problem. The problem is the thought process used to build this team.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Two words......Tom Brady.
The Patriots won three SB's with Tom before Tom put up his first 4,000 yards season. So you say Tom Brady, I say Bill Belichick.

Decide who your franchise QB is going to be, then build up on the defensive side of the ball. Tom averaged around 236 yards a game during his first SB winning season.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
LOL. Sean Payton isn't an upgrade whatsoever. He too had a hall of famer quarterback in Brees & only won one Superbowl in his 15 year tenure. MM also won a SB with a hall of famer quarterback in Wodgers & he did it in 12 years. Whoop Whoop!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones & CAP boy didn't make any significant moves in FA to replace talent they lost so they can fire McCarthy and get Sean Peyton.

This year was no different than other years. They almost never pursue top outside free agents

rambo2

Reaction score
Jerry Jones & CAP boy didn't make any significant moves in FA to replace talent they lost so they can fire McCarthy and get Sean Peyton.

Nope, they are building the team with youth. If it works, they will win with McCarthy.

birdwells1

Reaction score
And how many free agents did the Patriots use to build their dynasty? They picked up three big ticket guys in 20 years time, IIRC. Yet they won seven SB's.

What do we have in place that reminds anyone of the Patriots dynasty? Owner? Front office? GOAT coach? GOAT QB?

CCBoy

Reaction score
LOL. Sean Payton isn't an upgrade whatsoever. He too had a hall of famer quarterback in Brees & only won one Superbowl in his 15 year tenure. MM also won a SB with a hall of famer quarterback in Wodgers & he did it in 12 years. Whoop Whoop!
He allowed player corruption under his watch...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
30 million in cap space, but he is going out trying to make FIFA deal instead of NFL. You know Jerry is betting against his own team and making double money.

Why does this bother you so much?
One has nothing to do with the other.

So what do you suggest Jerry do with that cap $$$. When there are NO, absolutely NO players out there that is worth anything for now.

You ever hear of ... multi-tasking ... Many people can do this, including Jerry. Or can you only whine about one thing at a time? Oh, wait you can do it, you have multiple whine threads. :lmao:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why does this bother you so much?
One has nothing to do with the other.

So what do you suggest Jerry do with that cap $$$. When there are NO, absolutely NO players out there that is worth anything for now.

You ever hear of ... multi-tasking ... Many people can do this, including Jerry. Or can you only whine about one thing at a time? Oh, wait you can do it, you have multiple whine threads. :lmao:
:muttley:

CCBoy

Reaction score
So we tank to go up in draft pick just to give that better draft pick to NO for a HC that has the exact same resume as our current HC....yes this sounds like a solid plan.

Myself, I'd be paying a lot more attention to this:

Jerry Jones - “We’ve got really young players, not only the draft picks but also more college free agents that have a chance to help us this year than I’ve seen in a long time. They’re important for us. Their lack of success would cripple our hopes this year. Their success would enhance our hopes more than any group than I think we’ve seen. I think they’ve got that kind of appeal.”

Then amount of time on the field for the season...in a play count.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Myself, I'd be paying a lot more attention to this:

Jerry Jones - “We’ve got really young players, not only the draft picks but also more college free agents that have a chance to help us this year than I’ve seen in a long time. They’re important for us. Their lack of success would cripple our hopes this year. Their success would enhance our hopes more than any group than I think we’ve seen. I think they’ve got that kind of appeal.”

Then amount of time on the field for the season...in a play count.

I agree, again its not far fetched that a team gets better because young players get better they drafted. Moving on from the guys they moved on from this off season does not spell auto doom, but as you said the young players have to get better and if they dont that is clearly on coaching.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All the Jimmy fans want Jerry to spend on FA like he did for Jimmy, but won't give him any credit....and YES I know we didn't have free agency back then, but all the players we got for Walker didn't come free.