Video: Jerry didn’t make FA moves to setup McCarthy to fail?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting I can't wait for the comments once training camp starts

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
that's my point. I don't get the love fest for Peyton. he had brees and MM had rodgers. both HOF QBs. they each won one superbowl. multiple playoff apperances with deep playoff runs. MM had to deal with Rodgers and his ego. Peyton never had good defenses in NO. so Peyton is not going to make Dak into an Elite QB by just showing up. plus as you said, we will have less draft picks as a result.

Jerry and Stephen went cheap and always go cheap. they held on to garrett until the very end of his contract so as not to have to pay him and another coach, knowing it was going to be a bad year. now, they won't fire MM, pay draft picks and money to get peyton and pay him bookoo bucks and pay MM. if they wanted to spend money, they would have signed free agents.

this is a fantasy in some cowboys fans head, that Peyton is what ail's the cowboys. he will come here, have one year of success and subsequently Jerry sticking his hand in there, meddling and messing thigs up as usual. Jerry just can't help himself.

Meanwhile, Quinn had Matt Ryan who's highest achievement MIGHT be a number retirement by the Falcons, yet, Quinn came within a whisker of beating Tom Brady and Belichick (but was incredibly unlucky toward the end of that game). Imagine what Quinn would do with a Rodgers or a Brees. We have him with Dak as the DC. If we need a new HC, Quinn should be the one.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
that's my point. I don't get the love fest for Peyton. he had brees and MM had rodgers. both HOF QBs. they each won one superbowl. multiple playoff apperances with deep playoff runs. MM had to deal with Rodgers and his ego. Peyton never had good defenses in NO. so Peyton is not going to make Dak into an Elite QB by just showing up. plus as you said, we will have less draft picks as a result.

Jerry and Stephen went cheap and always go cheap. they held on to garrett until the very end of his contract so as not to have to pay him and another coach, knowing it was going to be a bad year. now, they won't fire MM, pay draft picks and money to get peyton and pay him bookoo bucks and pay MM. if they wanted to spend money, they would have signed free agents.

this is a fantasy in some cowboys fans head, that Peyton is what ail's the cowboys. he will come here, have one year of success and subsequently Jerry sticking his hand in there, meddling and messing thigs up as usual. Jerry just can't help himself.

also, here are two extra points. 1. As stated in other threads, we have gone the offensive approach at HC with Garrett and Mike. We do better with a defencive-minded HC, and it'd be a bit insane to keep going for the offensive side and expect a different result if we go with Payton 2. As has been hashed, there's no difference between Mike and Payton. If anything, like you said, Mike is better because he had to deal with Rodgers' ego and STILL had them in deep runs fairly consistently. Brees is, from what I've heard, one of the nicer guys you could meet. So, if the plan is to stay on the offensive side of the ball, then we may as well stay with Mike, which works best for all involved.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So we tank to go up in draft pick just to give that better draft pick to NO for a HC that has the exact same resume as our current HC....yes this sounds like a solid plan.

And then losing Quinn in the process, which would tank us worse considering that he's the first defencive-minded coach to have Jerry's ear since maybe Wade Phillips.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Quinn had Matt Ryan who's highest achievement MIGHT be a number retirement by the Falcons, yet, Quinn came within a whisker of beating Tom Brady and Belichick (but was incredibly unlucky toward the end of that game). Imagine what Quinn would do with a Rodgers or a Brees. We have him with Dak as the DC. If we need a new HC, Quinn should be the one.
quinn did a lot with not so much in Atlanta. and the reason for the loss was his OC, insisting on pass play on third down instead of a simple run, kick a field goal and make the score 31-3. he got cute, went with a long pass play and Ryan got sacked, out of field goal range and the rest is history.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
also, here are two extra points. 1. As stated in other threads, we have gone the offensive approach at HC with Garrett and Mike. We do better with a defencive-minded HC, and it'd be a bit insane to keep going for the offensive side and expect a different result if we go with Payton 2. As has been hashed, there's no difference between Mike and Payton. If anything, like you said, Mike is better because he had to deal with Rodgers' ego and STILL had them in deep runs fairly consistently. Brees is, from what I've heard, one of the nicer guys you could meet. So, if the plan is to stay on the offensive side of the ball, then we may as well stay with Mike, which works best for all involved.
the key to any of it is to keep Jerry out of it and stopping him from meddling. and that's the down fall of the cowboys regardless of who is going to be here or has been here.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
quinn did a lot with not so much in Atlanta. and the reason for the loss was his OC, insisting on pass play on third down instead of a simple run, kick a field goal and make the score 31-3. he got cute, went with a long pass play and Ryan got sacked, out of field goal range and the rest is history.

I agree, I'm just saying, if not for a very unlucky series, Quinn would be in the same convo, and he did it with less.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: “If I didn’t think a lot of Mike McCarthy being able to coach our team to a Super Bowl, he wouldn’t be the coach today.”

Pass2Run

Reaction score
That is such BS. If he wanted to fire McCarthy, he would fire him. He doesn't need to tank a season to bring in a new coach. I know it's hard to believe but Jerry wants to win just as much as we do, he just let's his ego get in the way

Yeah, they are sticking with McCarthy because he and Quinn, if they get the communication thing fixed between McCarthy and Moore, are the types of coaches who can win with this kind of team.

I think Jerry did a good job finding the best puppet he could find, someone who can work within his system, someone who can set ego aside and focus on the agenda in spite of all the Jones' nose-picking.

People dis on our assistants, but they just don't know what they're talking about. The NFL isn't easy. You call plays against the best minds in the leagues, literal football geniuses.

And both our OC and DC are projected to be up for HC jobs next year, which should tell the haters all they need to know.

This is tinfoil whack job nonsense.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I dare state that you enjoy strutting the bragging more than the sport itself...but here, the insults.

Quoting historical numbers & stats is what a fan does.

You do know the #1rule to sports is winning, it’s the whole purpose of the medium.

I dare say you just watch sports to blend into social settings.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Quoting historical numbers & stats is what a fan does.

You do know the #1rule to sports is winning, it’s the whole purpose of the medium.

I dare say you just watch sports to blend into social settings.

A critic that goes beyond an explanation of catching, throwing, and hitting...so really original and quite creative.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jerry Jones & CAP boy didn't make any significant moves in FA to replace talent they lost so they can fire McCarthy and get Sean Peyton.

Made lots of FA moves: Gallup, Armstrong, Washington, Kearse, LVE, Shultz, Fowler, Anger.

Heck we even extended Lawrence another couple years.

BigD_95

Reaction score
He doesn't bank that money.

Geeez, how do people not know that there's a salary min? NFL football 101 stuff.

1st off I was playing devil advocate

2nd unused cap can be pushed into next season

3rd Cowboys have met the min if they use that extra cap money or not - Geez

BigD_95

Reaction score
so you are saying we are going to suck this year. and you are so sure Peyton wants to come here. this is all so TMZ, National Enquirer I am not sure where to begin. and why will it cost less to get Peyton next year? because he will be worse?

tell me the difference between Peyton and MM?

as mentioned I was playing devils advocate