Jerry down and out

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I just watched the after-game interviews last night. I don't think I ever saw a more down and out Jerry than after this loss. Kept saying he was sick about it, over and over. Then he and the kid canceled their radio shows, not like Jerry to not run his mouth at every opportunity. Even though I've taken many shots at him over the years, I actually feel bad for the old guy. He did get us 3 Superbowls, albeit a gazillion years ago.

Jerry was looking pretty bad too, think he knows something about his health that we don't, like maybe his time is not short, but very short?
Naaaa, he’s just playing his sympathy card in public. He can cry too. Lol

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
OK, I don't recall that. At any rate, Jerry looked really sad in this years after-game interview, I mean like really, really sad. Just sayin'.
Don't even try to defend your empathy man, cudos to you for having some. :)

Don't wish the old guy anything bad, but in the end it's a 1st world problem he brought upon himself. Other owners see their involvement in a sports team as what it is: an investment.

Unfortunately our owner sees it as a toy he has too much time to play with. Instead of hiring some pros to take care of it, I guess he feels needed and really doesn't have anything else to do.

But in the end his success would be ours, so I'd rather see him celebrating than heartbroken. Should have gotten #6 and 7 in those last 27 years.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Well he’s caused his issues. I’ve never wavered from the idea that Jerry’s always has it all wrong. He got a TON of credit for hiring Jimmy, making deals and winning 3 SBs. What he failed to realize is that owners/GMs get it for having their team consistently win, not winning your way. He let the gloves off once with Parcells. It’s unreal that such a smart businessman can’t realize that if he paid for the best GM, the best coaches, the best FA deals that he’d be lauded. Instead he just selfishly wants to do it one way to get credit. It’s absurd he can’t just see this.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
jEuWpx7.jpg
good....we've been down and out for 28 years
Sure doesn’t look like we’ve down and out for 28 years becoming the wealthiest franchise on the planet.

There’s a huge divide between ownership and fans. The NFL will always be a business first.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don't want to judge the guy, but we hear this after the end of every disappointing season.
What gets me is he is the main reason and could do something about it.
Yep

But he won’t . Cause he’s not interested in winning if he isn’t involved and the face of the franchise.

It always amazes me how so many fans still don’t get what drives our owner.

JustChip

Reaction score
I just watched the after-game interviews last night. I don't think I ever saw a more down and out Jerry than after this loss. Kept saying he was sick about it, over and over. Then he and the kid canceled their radio shows, not like Jerry to not run his mouth at every opportunity. Even though I've taken many shots at him over the years, I actually feel bad for the old guy. He did get us 3 Superbowls, albeit a gazillion years ago.

Jerry was looking pretty bad too, think he knows something about his health that we don't, like maybe his time is not short, but very short?
Correction - Jimmy got us 3 Super Bowls. Jerry had an opportunity a couple of decades ago to change that narrative, but his ego wouldn’t allow it. And every year that passes without making it past the Division round further solidifies Jimmy, and not Jerry, was responsible for those Super Bowls.

Sheepherder

Reaction score

When someone keeps up the same behavior that leads to the same disappointment over and over, it's hard to feel sorry for them. If he kept trying different things and kept failing,ĺ that's different. He's the architect of this failure though.

No pity for him.

That he could, and it'd take a lot stress off of him.
All the money and material things a man could want and that isn't even enough.Nothing is ever enough for this guy.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Correction - Jimmy got us 3 Super Bowls. Jerry had an opportunity a couple of decades ago to change that narrative, but his ego wouldn’t allow it. And every year that passes without making it past the Division round further solidifies Jimmy, and not Jerry, was responsible for those Super Bowls.
Yes, true. But old Jerry paid for everything, back then you could buy the best players. Look how Jimmy did in Miami, not much. I respect Jimmy alot, but it was both of them that got us those SBs.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Right? Enjoy the owners box, wave to the fans. People love him, hell I’d love to have a drink with Jerry I bet he’d be fun. Why endure the criticism. Go get Belechik let’s win some games.
Belechik is looking like the loser in the Brady vs Belechik game. We need a real mastermind.