Jerry down and out

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I just watched the after-game interviews last night. I don't think I ever saw a more down and out Jerry than after this loss. Kept saying he was sick about it, over and over. Then he and the kid canceled their radio shows, not like Jerry to not run his mouth at every opportunity. Even though I've taken many shots at him over the years, I actually feel bad for the old guy. He did get us 3 Superbowls, albeit a gazillion years ago.

Jerry was looking pretty bad too, think he knows something about his health that we don't, like maybe his time is not short, but very short?

IT'S ALL HIS FAULT, LIVE WITH IT!!! DOES HE FEEL SORRY FOR US HIS FANS THAT SUFFER EVERY SEASON, GO TO HIS YACHT AND TELL HIM I SAID IT

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Truth!
Just retire.
Your 80, so shame it that.
It's incredibly sad that this high profile team has a GM that's 80 years old and clutching at the titles with all of his last breaths.
He'll probably put a Shakespearean curse upon the team with his dying breaths because of his pettiness.

"Let not this team gain yet nary a trophy, until thy house is clean and worthy upon another household. For shall that be never in thine history and future, thy shall not sell. Aaaaaaargh..."

I added the Argh for dramatic effect.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is what Jerry does. He's indignant and arrogant before and during the season when people inevitably question some of his roster moves but once the season is over, he wants to be all said and be a victim.

Nope Jerry. You own this. I don't feel bad for you.

Stak78

Reaction score
Jerry has been a hell of a businessman. However, he has completely discounted the importance of good coaching and seriously overrated his own general manager skills. The Cowboys have been lost in the wilderness for almost three decades because Jerry wanted to do it his way.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It's incredibly sad that this high profile team has a GM that's 80 years old and clutching at the titles with all of his last breaths.
He'll probably put a Shakespearean curse upon the team with his dying breaths because of his pettiness.

"Let not this team gain yet nary a trophy, until thy house is clean and worthy upon another household. For shall that be never in thine history and future, thy shall not sell. Aaaaaaargh..."

I added the Argh for dramatic effect.
I was thinking more along the lines of Moby Dick.

"From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just watched the after-game interviews last night. I don't think I ever saw a more down and out Jerry than after this loss. Kept saying he was sick about it, over and over. Then he and the kid canceled their radio shows, not like Jerry to not run his mouth at every opportunity. Even though I've taken many shots at him over the years, I actually feel bad for the old guy. He did get us 3 Superbowls, albeit a gazillion years ago.

Jerry was looking pretty bad too, think he knows something about his health that we don't, like maybe his time is not short, but very short?
The big spend in free agency is coming after years of keeping the power dry. It might be a trade but either way they're going to spend this year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Right? Enjoy the owners box, wave to the fans. People love him, hell I’d love to have a drink with Jerry I bet he’d be fun. Why endure the criticism. Go get Belechik let’s win some games.

Exactly, and he'd be loved as an owner even more by us if he'd do that. It's ironic, he'd be loved for the thing he's most afraid to do.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
It's literally the way he looks after EVERY wasted season. I get we all want change, but why create a scenario that we know isn't true? If this were so earth-shattering for him, he wouldn't have vouched for fat Mike in the same breath as "sorry, fans!".