Jerry explains "all in"

Bagman

Reaction score
Its incredible how many of us have hitched our emotional trailers to this football team. Especially with that old drunk in charge. He's just not capable of building a championship team.

Brax

Reaction score
Dude said he would pass up a qb (deemed the greatest thing since sliced bread) to go all-in (w/ Dak). I'd turn in my football fan card, if that opportunity ever presented itself.
Yep Williams is there and old Jerry says pass, we’re all set at QB. Never happen he would be there but that’s Jerry’s mindset and folks wonder why 28 years of nothing.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s incredible how many of us have hitched our emotional trailers to this football team. Especially with that old drunk in charge. He's just not capable of building a championship team.
Many years ago I accepted 3 things: 1. Jerry is a great businessman who has made the NFL an owner’s bulletproof business plan without risks. 2. Jerry does not have a clue how to build a championship roster as a GM. 3. Jerry lacks the personal humility or accountability to change.

So the realistic hope I’m left with is this: Maybe we will get lucky.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Like a lot of our players, JJ likes to hear himself talk. Don’t let it be known what you are going to do in the draft.

I would love to get a real GM from outside the organization but I know that’s not happening.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My take of Jerry saying "all in" this season is more about make or break for several people: MM is on a 1yr deal, heard Zimmer signed just for next season, Dak's contract is up, but it looks like no extension is coming this offseason, Lamb is in a similar situation, don't have to extend him until next offseason.

Aven8

Reaction score
Nice backtracking. Tried to get everyone off his case a month ago and now that the season is far behind and how easily they forgot that they got embarrassed at home in the worst playoff loss in franchise history……

Creeper

Reaction score
So in other words, he is not going all in. I think that much is clear. We will not be signing an impact DT in free agency, we will be signing Hankins and hoping Mazi develops.

And then he says is a top franchise QB drops to Dallas in the first round he would be hesitant to draft him! Of course it depends on what you think of the guy, but as he describes it if a new Patrick Mahomes dropped to Dallas he would not take him! I am wary of taking overhyped college QBs too, but given the parameters Jerry set how could any GM pass on that guy? Even if he sits on the bench for 4 years backing up Dak, he is the future. Why not take him? He also gives you leverage when negotiating Dak's next contract.

I think we need to take everything Jerry says with a grain of salt - always. But it is certainly not raising my optimism meter listening to him.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is true. So I guess another few more years with Dak. It seems like it takes Jerry about 10 years to realize he made a mistake with a coach and or player.
Agreed. I’ve never seen a sports front office so willing to throw away whole seasons like the Jones Boys. Because they have lifetime guaranteed contracts with zero accountability, what’s the hurry?

Watching Jerry in that video with the OP, I saw zero shame or humility caused by the most embarrassing playoff loss in Cowboys history. An old stubborn billionaire with way more money than class, humility or wisdom.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Agreed. I’ve never seen a sports front office so willing to throw away whole seasons like the Jones Boys. Because they have lifetime guaranteed contracts with zero accountability, what’s the hurry?

Watching Jerry in that video with the OP, I saw zero shame or humility caused by the most embarrassing playoff loss in Cowboys history. An old stubborn billionaire with way more money than class, humility or wisdom.
:hammer:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep....and be taught how to get bounced on yer bass right quick! It's a perfect formula!
You don't have a chance if you don't make the dance.
Make every game mean something, sucks when teams play out the schedule with nothing to play for and their owners and coaches would rather lose to get better draft picks that will replace many of their current players.
They should have a draft lottery like the NBA.

Staubacher

Reaction score
You guys fall for it every year. Jerrah says "all in" after that humiliating loss to get the fans pumped and talking about the next season, while forgetting about what just happened.

Then of course he backtracks to ease the blow when he does nothing of significance.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't have a chance if you don't make the dance.
Make every game mean something, sucks when teams play out the schedule with nothing to play for and their owners and coaches would rather lose to get better draft picks that will replace many of their current players.
They should have a draft lottery like the NBA.
Agreed. I wished you gave that pep talk tot hem before the GB game!

Jayinem

Reaction score
No team in the history of the NFL has ever been higher on a QB that's 2-5 in the playoffs 1-3 at home. Most of those QBs that do that are on their 2nd or 3rd team by now at age 31 but not Dak.