Twitter: Jerry: Garrett has evolved into a top coach. Would be very sought after on open market

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
People taking this at face value make me sad. The cliche is actions speak louder than words and if he really thought that then Garrett would already be extended. Instead he is a lame duck.

Remember he was giving Campo votes of confidence and was meeting with Parcells on the sly.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Garrett doesnt roster build here buddy. If you dont even know that, then there is no sense even continuing the conversation.

He actually does. But believe what makes you feel better.

I know what REAL coaches do. The problem is Garrett doesnt do them.

Sure you do.

And tailoring an offense to suit Dak is a big when he never did.

Right. Because we all remember Romo running so many read options.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He is a puppet according to you.

Why do you care if a puppet is bashed unless that is not how you truly feel and are just using that as cover to not get called out.

Look, I dont care if you support him or not. Most posters on this site dont, a few do. But each side makes there case as to why, except you. You are the only poster on this site I have seen that regularly calls him a puppet and yet defends him against virtually any criticism in any thread. Something doesn't add up with you, just saying.
In not sure why you don’t recall why I’ve described Jason as the best puppet this era? I’ve stated it numerous times over the years , in past months and this season. You’ve heard it before and didn’t agree with it.

Basically my support of Garrett is centered around his influence over the better culture we’ve seen with Jerry since he took over not his coaching ability.

And if we’re going to continue to be stuck with Puppets then Jason and his families Cowboy history is something I can root for to overcome this dysfunctional organization or at least help keep it in a competitive mode.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bottom line.........if we had a competent GM we wouldn't even be having conversations about Garrett.
This is it.

At some point with a dead end or hopeless situation which I’d argue we have with Jerry you have to come to terms with the obstacle and handicap that confronts you.

I faced that crossroad over a decade ago. And you have to adjust your expectations to prevent constant misery and disappointment.

Brax

Reaction score
This will not over well with fans........lol

Jerry is never wrong , if you do not believe me just ask Jerry. This is one of the saddest statements he has ever made, and people wonder why the the last 23 years are what they are, look no farther than Jerry.

Brax

Reaction score
Another bashing Garrett thread in disguise. The Lynch Mob marches on.
old_west_lynch_mob.jpg.cf.jpg
doesn't take much to bash JG or JJ.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys aren’t an Elite football franchise any longer. And haven’t been since Jerry decided winning with greater HC’s wasn’t something that interested him if he wasn’t the face of the franchise and or received the credit and celebrity status as a Football Guy he was pursuing.

The Dallas Cowboys are more about Jerry Jones. And he continues to make that more obvious. Until he relinquishes his stranglehold on Cowboys Football we will be talent dependent as I have described.

Most everyone appears to accept it when we are having more success. This past off season we even had fans claiming Jerry was delegating more to Stephen giving him credit for the better culture.

So, why isn’t this on Stephen? Because fans pick and choose their credit and blame pending their agenda or beliefs coming in.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Hey. I'm nobody but a regular Dallas Cowboy fan like everyone else. All I can do is go to a board and voice my opinion. But there is one more thing I can do. As a fan I can boycott buying Dallas Cowboy gear. Boycott going to Dallas Cowboy games. This is the only way we fans can make Jerry do what needs to be done. Wish we could get rid of Jerry Jones because he's really the BIGGEST problem in Dallas and maybe the NFL. Garrett only had 9 years of ineptitude. Jones has been a disaster for the past 25 years. As a business man I'd give Jerry every nickel I had to make money for me. But as a owner/GM? I'd fire any security guard that even thought about letting him into the Star or the official Dallas head quarters. He would be barred from coming within 50 mile of the Dallas complex if I had my way. So I ask other Dallas Cowboy fans to join me in this boycott if things continue like the last 3 weeks have gone. We've given Jerry Jones 25 years and all we've gotten back is Garrett and ineptitude.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
doesn't take much to bash JG or JJ.
Yea, it’s funny how Stephen doesn’t take any of the brunt of this bashing. He certainly was receiving much credit when so many thought the better culture and team was more his doing.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Yea, it’s funny how Stephen doesn’t take any of the brunt of this bashing. He certainly was receiving much credit when so many thought the better culture and team was his creation.

Or McClay. Remember how Kitna was going to make Dak better? That's the best part of the forum. All the offseason proclamations made by posters followed by reality setting in. I think that's why so many get emotional and start calling for heads.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Or McClay. Remember how Kitna was going to make Dak better? That's the best part of the forum. All the offseason proclamations made by posters followed by reality setting in. I think that's why so many get emotional and start calling for heads.
Kitna has made Dak better.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep

It’s all very childish and obviously personal agenda driven. We really should check ID’s at the door. Lol