Twitter: Jerry: Garrett has evolved into a top coach. Would be very sought after on open market

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I'm sure Garrett can get another head coaching just as soon as he leaves here. Division 2 college programs are always looking for their next big thing. The go-go Garrett offense might even make one of those teams better for about three games.

TonyS

Reaction score
I don't have the time or energy to expound upon what a horrible "football man" Jerry is. Genius entrepreneur, yes, Genius owner for getting results on the field, no.
Until someone with the last name of Jones figures out we need a great HC, this team will continue on the path between average and slightly above average, but will never sniff a SB.
I'd be ecstatic for Garrett to prove me wrong.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I live near Baltimore. No one, and I mean no one in the literal and figurative sense, is regretting that Garrett is not their coach. Years ago Garrett was offered the Ravens HC and Jerry matched the money so Garrett could stay as OC here.

I would literally jump for joy if Garrett is the Skins HC next year. Please let that happen.

I think this is just Jerry trying to sell snake oil. No one could seriously think Garrett is HC material outside of coaching in the Ivy League.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Coaches who Garrett’s totality of his career has been as good or better than:

Freddie Kitchens
Mike Vrabel
Zimmer
Arians
Gase (go on career not 1 game)
Kliff
Zac Taylor
Brian Flores
Shurmur
Quinn
Fangio
Anthony in LA
Sean McDermott
Bill O Brien
Doug Marrone
K Shanahan
Patricia

So he’s in the top half of coaches and you could easily argue TODAY he’s equal to:
Gruden
Reich
Nagy
Rivera

So yes there are plenty of teams who would want to hire him if he came available. He will always have the team in the hunt at the end of the year. That’s a lot better than teams like Cleveland and Detroit who are usually done by week 10

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Glad to hear that Jerry is reserving his decision, based upon what the remaining games might provide. It's been nice knowing you, JG!:thumbup:

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Freddie Kitchens
Mike Vrabel
Zimmer
Arians
Kliff
Zac Taylor
Brian Flores
Shurmur
Quinn
Fangio
Anthony in LA
Sean McDermott
Bill O Brien
Doug Marrone
K Shanahan
Patricia

So he’s in the top half of coaches and you could easily argue TODAY he’s equal to:
Gruden
Reich
Nagy
Rivera

So yes there are plenty of teams who would want to hire him if he came available. He will always have the team in the hunt at the end of the year. That’s a lot better than teams like Cleveland and Detroit who are usually done by week 10
Look at this, another goof. Name the qbs those guys have had. Garrett had a guy who called him out on national tv on Sunday. This must be idgits burner account

HungryLion

Reaction score

Freddie Kitchens
Mike Vrabel
Zimmer
Arians
Kliff
Zac Taylor
Brian Flores
Shurmur
Quinn
Fangio
Anthony in LA
Sean McDermott
Bill O Brien
Doug Marrone
K Shanahan
Patricia

Gruden
Reich
Nagy
Rivera

I would refuse to put Garret above some of the coaches you have, who have made NFC title games and super bowls, simply because Garret has a better regular season record.

Zimmer has had more playoff success. Rivera has had more playoff success, Arians, etc.

A bunch of the others you have listed have only been coaches for a couple years. They haven’t had nearly as long as Garret to develop their programs and show If they are or aren’t as good a coach as Garret. It would be more fair to list Garret with the coaches who have been coaching as long as he has. Surprise, he has the least amount of playoff success of all of them.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
everyone used to think jones was senile and his elevator stops at the 5 th floor in a ten story building now me know it is pretty plain to see pretty much al davis in his last days

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jason Garrett will lay a nice foundation and give your team some structure but you have to know when he has taken a team as far as he can take them and the Cowboys haven’t figured that out over a decade into this thing..

Asklesko

Reaction score
Jerry has the GM and HC he is comfortable with. Fans need to deal with it.

MS17

Reaction score
everyone used to think jones was senile and his elevator stops at the 5 th floor in a ten story building now me know it is pretty plain to see pretty much al davis in his last days
Yes, Jerry fits the Al Davis model to a T and has his senility certificate now. But Jerry does dress better. Can you visualize Jerry in a blue and white silk Cowboys track suit and gold jewelry, wearing glasses with diamond studded frames?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Other coaches rate JG as mediocre, yet Jerry sees him as one of the top in the NFL. Something is seriously amiss, here! :omg: