Jerry: Garrett is safe

Sydla

Reaction score
At this point, we just have to sit and wait and see what he does with the coaching staff.

But I am going to warn you guys now if they retain Linehan or shove him out the door for Nussmeier, I am going to be unbearable.

Rayman70

Reaction score
one thing I would caution pertaining to the Rams. They basically rented a team for this year defensively. They are lackluster and overpaid. I suspect Brees will carve them up if Suh and Donald do not disrupt the pocket. It will be game over fast. Saints have a decent Defense. Rams may be another 2 years away still. My gut says that may pan out this week. I picked the Rams IF they can get to Brees and affect him. If not,its a no go.

droopdog7

Reaction score
How many times over the past 23 years have we felt that way? 13-3 in 2016 with a rookie quarterback and a mediocre defense, lost to the Aaron Rodgers magic, barely at that.

Then the next year, stink city, out of the playoffs.

You do realize that for the past 22 years the Cowboys have NEVER had consecutive 10 or more win seasons? So we can easily expect that this 10-6 year will be followed by 9-7 or worse next year.

There is reason for hope, with the team being so young, but every team in the league can say they have hope. Hope's not much to go on...
Listen, that is fair. And if Garrett misses the playoffs next year, which has been the pattern, then firmly believe that he will be fired. But I am okay to let this play out.

Coy

Reaction score
I think even 8-8 continues Garrett's reign. Jerry would spin it as we were only a couple wins away. It will take a horrible season and major upheaval from fans and media during the year.

Sadly, I agree with you.

Batman1980

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas -- For every case supporting Jason Garrett, a case can be made against him remaining as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

For: He has a 77-59 record since taking over in the middle of the 2010 season. The Cowboys have just one losing record in his tenure (2015). The Cowboys have won the NFC East in three of the past five seasons.

Against: The Cowboys have won just two playoff games under Garrett. They have not made it past the divisional round in three chances, including Saturday’s loss to the Los Angeles Rams. The Cowboys have not been able to post consecutive playoff seasons.

Read more @ http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...n-or-else-for-jason-garrett-in-2019-heres-why

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry is the only one excited about this. Maybe his moronic son also? That makes two people. Jerry's a joke but no one wants to win more than him? lol He disproves that line of crap every year.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
At this point, we just have to sit and wait and see what he does with the coaching staff.

But I am going to warn you guys now if they retain Linehan or shove him out the door for Nussmeier, I am going to be unbearable.

That's fine, most of us will share your frustration.

But the endless bashing of the coaching on a general basis is a waste of time, if venting helps you, that's great, but reading endless negativity is bad for the soul and I won't do it;)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

If there’s any question about Jason Garrett’s future with Cowboys, Jerry Jones ended that, while speaking on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. “If Jason Garrett was on the market two weeks ago, he would’ve had five offers for head coach," Jones said. "I know that. And so you’ve got to look at what your alternative is.”

tenor.gif

basilhayden

Reaction score
WE ALL NEED TO RECONSIDER being a fan of this team.Thats saying something for me..I been watching for over 40 years. ITS GETTING REAL HARD TO CHOKE THIS DOWN.

I haven't contributed one dime to the franchise in over a decade that I am aware of.
I still have a 1993 Starter jacket in pristine condition, 4 jerseys in terrific shape and countless paraphenalia from another era, but my non championship hats and shirts have all been chucked or are crappy at this point.
Doing what I can to keep money out of his hands...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Listen, that is fair. And if Garrett misses the playoffs next year, which has been the pattern, then firmly believe that he will be fired. But I am okay to let this play out.

Jason's under contract for 2019. While money isn't an issue, I do think that even Jerry, if the team doesn't at least get to the NFC championship game (progress, ya know!), he'll go another direction, though Jason will be handled like Kiffin - rather than admit hiring him was a mistake, he'll be kicked upstairs to a "management" position.

But who knows? Wouldn't be the first time a team hires another team's head coach to coach their team, just look at all the "retreads" who've had limited post-season success - W. Phillips, N. Turner, J. Caldwell, S. Mariucci just to name a few. Garrett's had enough success, imho, for some team to take a chance that his failures were due to having to work under Jerry...