Twitter: Jerry gives a clear mandate to Garrett

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Even Jerry is getting itchy trigger finger at this point. That's obvious. You can't try to sell this as a SB caliber team in August and then rationalize and make excuses for what we have seen from this team who is barely holding onto a division lead against a worse Eagles team.

Idgit and Dre11 must be getting nervous.
i dare not dream. i gave up years ago cause it was always the same. good but never good enough. rinse, repeat. year after year after year after year after year.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yawn. Garrett has sucked for 10 years. Jerry has sucked for 25. Jerry hired and protected Garrett. That pickled old codger is the biggest problem of all. Double yawn.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It's over if we lose to Buffalo, Garrett is gone

I believe you might be right. Especially if it is a blow out. That old codger will have polished off a bottle of Buffalo Trace himself. He would do it and not even remember he did it.

GMO415

Reaction score
crystal clear...
1.jpg

ondaedg

Reaction score
That's not realistic. We're in first place in the division and are still competitive. It's not fair to the players who are grinding to win games. Garrett is gone after the season id we don't go to the conference championship game.

You think our players don't notice how JG isn't as detailed and strategic as some of our opponents' HCs?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’s still talking Super Bowl. You can tell he hasn’t watched 1 minute of the Ravens or Niners.

Both teams are fast and physical and would destroy this team he assembled.
Yep

It’s all about promoting his product. He’s sold this as a SB caliber team. But if you look around the league it’s certainly not. And hasn’t been. It's why we don’t fare well against Elite teams.

We are in the next tier of teams which isn’t that bad of place to be. I’m amazed with our dysfunctional organization we are this competitive but we have a decent core of talent.

But it comes down to Jerry needing to explain to the media and fans why the team isn’t as good as hyped.

No other owner places their team, coaches and players in this toxic type of atmosphere. And notice he never calls out his players. Cause they are the product he’s selling.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's over if we lose to Buffalo, Garrett is gone

Nope.

Winning doesn't get Garrett an extension and losing doesn't get him fired. No matter how many times people pretend this is the one where Jerry fires him after a loss it is just not going to happen. When it happens it'll be in the offseason as his contract expires and then jerry hires a new puppet.

Reactions: G2

Zman5

Reaction score
Jerry is all butt hurt over Garrett's affinity for the Giants. The Garrett era is coming to a close. Bigger drama on the way

So you're saying Jerry's butts hurting because another man Mara is coveting his man? Hmmm.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
This is the first time Jerry has so publicly put Garrett on notice.

"Let me tell you, no one in this country has earned the right to say 'I'm a Jason Garrett man' more than me. I am his man," Jones said. "And we want the very same thing. And that's for our players to play at their very best and we want his staff to coach at their very best. The bottom line is we get graded. I'm in business. I don't have to win the Super Bowl in business every year. I can come in sixth and have a hell of a year. But in this case, you've got to come in first. You've got to come in first. So fundamentally, you've asked for something that's a very narrow window to begin with. I want Jason to get it done."

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I think Jerry is extra frustrated because we have some players on one year deals that we won't be able to afford to bring back (Cobb, Quinn, etc) or be able to replace (once Dak and Cooper contracts are done), so the best chance to win is now. Too bad you didn't see this dinosaur wasting the talents you've assembled for 10 years now.

Fire407

Reaction score
Jerry has to realize that we are so lucky to be playing in the NFC East where every team sucks. We have the same record as the Rams now and they are virtually eliminated from making the playoffs. If we were in the West with two strong teams in front of us, I think Jerry would be firing people right now.

CWR

Reaction score
I we lose tomorrow, Red will be down the road by Monday.

I didn't think that was a possibility, but its becoming a whole lot more likely. Jerry isn't willing to piss away another season and he feels the FO has assembled a good enough team to make waves. To my suprise hes become increasingly vocal about his dissatisfaction with our coaches. Id have to agree, hes looking to salvage the season.