Jerry gives "insight" on McCarthy contract/ job status

Creeper

Reaction score
Someone tell him he can't take it with him, and there is no cheating the end either.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No Guarantees in life, Move on…
this. Most all of us are day to day. Just scraping by. Jerry runs the team like hes on a fixed income. Meanwhile, reality is, thats where he loses us fans because WE are truly day to day.

75boyz

Reaction score
McCarthy is washed up I don't care if you win 15 games in the regular season when you can't prepare a team any better for a home game against an inferior opponent in the playoffs than that you just flat out suck.

Jerry saw what we saw in that game all the people players coaches that couldn't seize an opportunity and make the best of it and I think before it's all over they're all going to go
THIS.
In 3 inch bold letters.

McFraud AND Dak suck at playoff football.

Hard stop.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones has fired two multiple SB winning coaches. That appears to be the only way Jerry will come right out and fire a coach - he just has to win two SBs.
:laugh:

Hate playing devil's advocate for Jerry Jones but Tom Landry was just a condition for purchasing the franchise. The firing was handled disrespectfully but to Jones it was the franchise he wanted or Landry--and he did not want Landry.

On the OTHER hand, Johnson played mind games with a narcissist simpleton. Riled the guy up enough to end their partnership over essentially hurt feelings.

Johnson could have eventually resigned at some point when he was ready to go. Instead, there was Jones demanding equal credit, over the course of years, for accomplishments normally attributed to head coaches, managers, etc. in all team sports.

It did not take much. Little push here. Little push there. Then the faithful day came when Jones was already getting full of Johnnie Walker Blue Label, wanting to insert himself into a Jimmy Johnson gathering, and boast about what 'they' did. All of them stared at the fool.

It was the final push. Jones stomped off like a child. His mind was made up. "I don't need him. I know football. 500 head coaches can do what he did." The next day was March 29.

Instead of being a grown <expletive> man, taking a step back, and doing what pretty much ALL owners in professional sports do every day, he prevented himself from considering the only thing of importance:

"Should I be the only person, in NFL history, responsible for running off a two-time defending Super Bowl head coach over my hurt feelings?"

^ It was lack of inner fortitude that made it so EASY AND QUICK for him to agree upon such an incredibly stupid <expletive> decision. He thought of himself as a general manager of an NFL franchise but ended up acting like a McDonald's manager, who fired Fry Guy for looking at him sideways.

Dumb <expletive>.

/rant

rags747

Reaction score
:laugh:

Hate playing devil's advocate for Jerry Jones but Tom Landry was just a condition for purchasing the franchise. The firing was handled disrespectfully but to Jones it was the franchise he wanted or Landry--and he did not want Landry.

On the OTHER hand, Johnson played mind games with a narcissist simpleton. Riled the guy up enough to end their partnership over essentially hurt feelings.

Johnson could have eventually resigned at some point when he was ready to go. Instead, there was Jones demanding equal credit, over the course of years, for accomplishments normally attributed to head coaches, managers, etc. in all team sports.

It did not take much. Little push here. Little push there. Then the faithful day came when Jones was already getting full of Johnnie Walker Blue Label, wanting to insert himself into a Jimmy Johnson gathering, and boast about what 'they' did. All of them stared at the fool.

It was the final push. Jones stomped off like a child. His mind was made up. "I don't need him. I know football. 500 head coaches can do what he did." The next day was March 29.

Instead of being a grown <expletive> man, taking a step back, and doing what pretty much ALL owners in professional sports do every day, he prevented himself from considering the only thing of importance:

"Should I be the only person, in NFL history, responsible for running off a two-time defending Super Bowl head coach over my hurt feelings?"

^ It was lack of inner fortitude that made it so EASY AND QUICK for him to agree upon such an incredibly stupid <expletive> decision. He thought of himself as a general manager of an NFL franchise but ended up acting like a McDonald's manager, who fired Fry Guy for looking at him sideways.

Dumb <expletive>.

/rant
Landry was toast when Jones bought the team, No One in the entire league would have hired him. Johnson was just a big baby that had to have his way no matter what, Johnson was nothing more than an employee. He failed to understand that, Goodbye…

slick325

Reaction score
If only this applied to the GM and his idiot EVP son. But, they are definitely not "most Americans" because everything is guaranteed for them. Clowns.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
you know who is guaranteed jobs forever.

Jerry/GM and nepotism cap boy.

goes to show you meritocracy is real on the field even if the dysfunctional team wins the ratings..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
By Jerry's statements, it's obvious that his main concern with running this team hinges upon money, rather than running a winning team. That fact reveals the poor circumstances that the Dallas Cowboys are confronted with, as long as Jerry and Stephen are in charge. It's way too sad.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Basically, Dallas isn’t paying a coach to sit on the bench after getting fired. That’s why Garrett was still coaching in his last year here, as his contract expired.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Remember when Jerry said he would cut any sized check to win the next SB? We would be shocked at the amount on that check he assured us.

That was awesome.
"Im all in"...meh The owner has established a pattern when talking to fans..now wether or not we want to admit it as fans, thats a whole nother issue....case in point there are posters on this very board who believe THIS YEAR is the year Jerry is fed up with losing and everyone's job is on the line...well Meh..

Kwyn

Reaction score
Wait. I thought the Zone wanted to put everyone on a prove it deal.

I’m fine with McCarthy working without an extension. I have no idea why people are up in arms about this.

Is he going to leave and go someplace else?