Jerry gives the season a good grade so far

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
W's vs. L's...yeah, 4-2 is not bad and the team's in a good position, particularly not having played the Birds yet.

It's when you take a deep dive into the manner in which they lost a couple games and were gifted (thank you Mr. Herbert) a hard-fought win vs. LA that make you question where they really stand.

The Talkin' Cowboys group had a discussion (18th maybe) where they expressed more concerns than what I thought I would hear regarding a 4-2 team. Lots of work to do.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Who gives a dammm what grade he gives his Cowboys at this point. Can't shut his whiskey guzzling hole up....it's more like an incomplete as far as i'm concerned....only a third into the season with not having passed a major exam along the way, and flunking a pop quiz. Wait til the semester ends before giving yourself a grade.

mrmojo

Reaction score
You guys should know by now that Jerry grades on a curve...

Reactions: CWR

Kwyn

Reaction score
4-2 is a pretty nice record at this point.

I don’t have an issue with Jerry’s comment.

Rayman70

Reaction score
R.211d67b300d893393dfe5347b4d25487

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
4 and 2 isn't underachieving.
Yes it is. They should be 5-1 at worst as they have one of the best rosters in the NFL.

They underachieved by showing up flat for the inferior Cardinals.

They underachieved by getting their doors blown off by SF, a team they needed to gain ground on. They weren't even competitive.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'd give them a C Losing to Arizona docks them a grade and the way they lost to the 49ers another grade. Every team they have beaten has a losing record. Granted they looked great in beating 3 of them.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They beat most of the teams they were expected to best.

They lost to a team they should have beaten.

They got destroyed by the team that kicked them out of the playoffs the last two years.

The offense has looked dysfunctional and after 6 games doesn't look like it's getting better.

"Good" grade this season??? That is a stretch for me. More like average. Especially considering their "game of the year" forget about losing, they weren't even competitive.

nobody

Reaction score
In the end, it doesn't really matter what he says publicly. It matters what he says to the coaches and players behind closed doors and after the Cardinals and Niners games, I really hope it was something like "Play gutless again and heads will roll."

MS17

Reaction score
Jerruh with more of his "good grades" and schlocky comments.
Wait until the regular season ends, dude. After you've played a few more good defensive teams -- which the Chargers are not.