Qcard

Reaction score
“Frankly…. I once again GM’d the hell out of this team.”

giphy.gif
:hammer: :dance:
Perennial playoff Contender since 2016....when QB1 starting

kskboys

Reaction score
Of course. Jerry has never understood what it takes to build a super bowl contender. That's why he's endlessly treading water.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Let's see, what year did you last file on $100,000...you hanging?
My point is Jerry is living the good life. I could make an argument that the Cowboys lack of success the last 30 years has made him a better businessman. Jerry has the media and the fans thinking he is chasing Moby Dick when he owns the ocean the white whale swims in. Instead of cheering for the Cowboys he has us watching a weekly soap opera. The Cowboys are off this week and they opened every talking head show. Two 5-1 teams play on Sunday night football and the game would be second fiddle if the Cowboys traded for an over the hill tight end over the weekend. I enjoyed the 2009, 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2021 seasons experience as a Cowboys fan because the team was expected to be crap. Let’s enjoy the ride. Only one team wins the Super Bowl.

plasticman

Reaction score
If you made the money he has made the last 25 years, you would give yourself an A as well. Business first and football 2nd.
He didn't make that money. The history of this franchise made that money. The fact that he's getting a lot of money means nothing to Cowboys fans because it isn't an accomplishment, it's an insult. Who's money was it and what did we get in return?

rambo2

Reaction score
He didn't make that money. The history of this franchise made that money. The fact that he's getting a lot of money means nothing to Cowboys fans because it isn't an accomplishment, it's an insult. Who's money was it and what did we get in return?
We got the great history of the Dallas Cowboys. We could have just as easily been born in Detroit and have the history of the Detroit Lions. Holy Bobby Lane.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Jerry loves the status quo, and believes every move made will work, and every player will play to their ceiling, and they have a “chance” to win the SB every year.

He gives them a high grade so far? While 4-2 isn’t bad in terms of overall record, this team has played like hot garbage 1/3 of the time. That is a B- at best.

Had they lost a couple of competitive nailbiters, that would be one thing. But getting owned by an inferior Cards team and then getting run out of the stadium on national TV by SF is highly concerning.

I don’t want to hear contentment from the owner. I want to hear about doing everything possible to get better and compete this year

CCBoy

Reaction score
My point is Jerry is living the good life. I could make an argument that the Cowboys lack of success the last 30 years has made him a better businessman. Jerry has the media and the fans thinking he is chasing Moby Dick when he owns the ocean the white whale swims in. Instead of cheering for the Cowboys he has us watching a weekly soap opera. The Cowboys are off this week and they opened every talking head show. Two 5-1 teams play on Sunday night football and the game would be second fiddle if the Cowboys traded for an over the hill tight end over the weekend. I enjoyed the 2009, 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2021 seasons experience as a Cowboys fan because the team was expected to be crap. Let’s enjoy the ride. Only one team wins the Super Bowl.
I can fully agree with that perspective. I was a soldier and pay for my loyalty based upon my mission. Here, I am a loyal fan...but a good discussion by yourself.

fivetwos

Reaction score
McCarthys strategy from here ought to be about reminders of what happened in SF and how hard they must work to get over the top.

Instead that has to be undermined by Jerry telling the world what a great job he himself is doing.

Tough to win here. Nearly impossible.

MS17

Reaction score
Dang. From a long time Cowboys fan--thanks for helping make the subject matter very real. Well stated.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not defending Jerry here, but if you are talking strictly from a wins and loss perspective, then 4-2 is actually a pretty good record.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that makes us the #5 seed right now. In other words, we have the best record in the conference among the non-division leaders.

So, like I said, 4-2 is a good record considering 67% of their games have been on the road so far and we are the #5 seed right now.

plasticman

Reaction score
There is no way around the fact that the injuries to Overshown, Vander Esch, and especially Diggs, have weakened a defense that had the potential to be historically dominating. This has and will most certainly impact the results of this season.

I'm still waiting for some players to show some signs of that breakout season that the Cowboys now desperately need. The team would recover some of the potential before Diggs injury. As far as potential defenders in this category I see nothing from Sam Williams, Israel Mikuamu, Chauncey Golston, Neville Gallimore, or Nashton Wright. They are huge disappointments six games in.

Daron Bland and Damone Clark seem to be the only young defensive draft picks with a measurable increase in their contributions to the team's success. I had really hoped for more.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Why are so many filthy rich people so dam ugly.
This is off-topic, but the only thing I've noticed is that there is almost no such thing as an ugly modern-day rich girl. I'm talking the ones who grew up with the wealth in the last 20 years. I guess it helps being able to afford all the spa treatments, make-up and cosmetic surgery from day one. If you were born to a billionaire daddy, and you're fugly, you're just not trying.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why was the franchise sold to specificaly Jerry Jones. The dynasty years under that same Jerry Jones brought in 3 Lombardis. The game changed during that decade and there is absolutely no guarantee that any other owner could have even done that...just facts.