Jerry Hopes To Extend Hardy

RunDMC

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have given no thought to disciplining defensive end Greg Hardy for his sideline outbursts in Sunday's loss to the New York Giants, but they are hopeful of keeping him with the team beyond 2015.

"When we initially signed, talked to him, asked him to join the team, it was not only with the idea of the short term but a long-term purview," owner and general manager Jerry Jones told 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. "He's, relatively speaking, a young player, and he certainly has the kinds of skills and impact that we want to look to the future with with the Cowboys."

Link.

Jerry don't care about bad PR. :lmao2:

I love it. This guy is a dominant presence on the field and that's what matters.

You extend Hardy and the defense is an upgrade at 1 tech and a play making safety away from being a dominant defense.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Link.

Jerry don't care about bad PR. :lmao2:

I love it. This guy is a dominant presence on the field and that's what matters.

You extend Hardy and the defense is an upgrade at 1 tech and a play making safety away from being a dominant defense.

One S if Jones takes over for Wilcox, two S's otherwise...lol!

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
If only JJ was as effective at assembling a winning organization as he was at attracting media attention, then maybe we wouldn't have to spend our time bickering about whose the crappier QB and whose responsible for the team's abysmal performance week after week.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I've said all along that if Hardy plays as well as they expect him to play (and he has), that Dallas would sign him long-term (and they should).

Pass rusher is a position where Dallas has no problem spending big at. For a guy who is just entering his prime and who flat out scares opposing offenses, Stephen/Jerry will gladly open up their checkbook.

And I agree with doing it 100%.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
You know he'd like to do it now after the sideline tirade and the national consternation afterward.

Hardy's value is low right now. Sign him before the selective outrage subsides.

OR

gamble he does it 2-3 more times and drops his price even lower :D

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I don't see why jerry shouldnt. It'll probably only be like 3-5 mil more a year. It's win now mode. There's only like 2 years left if Romo says healthy.

John813

Reaction score
Not a shocker. One of better DE's in the game, in his prime.

Of course we would want to re-sign him, regardless of how well Gregory or Lawrence did.