Jerry Hopes To Extend Hardy

Turtle0986

Reaction score
I hope JJ signs him long term, he has shown a strong passion to play and that he can be very disruptive so far and I like that. A stong defence is just as important as a strong offense, and Hardy helps to strengthen the D

Rogah

Reaction score
Hardy is going to play out the season and then hit the market as a UFA. He knows he can't be franchised. He is not going to accept a deal today.

His play, and his behavior, will determine his value on the open market and he will sign with the highest bidder. This past Sunday probably cost him a couple hundred thou over the long term.

Reaction score
You know Jerry Jones loves guys like Greg Hardy. The guy's play will earn him a megacontract. I just hope we can build in some downside protection because he's also loosely-wound enough to do something off the field you end up regretting.

That said you have to keep him if you can do it.

Agreed. Hardy is a terrific player, but he's crazy. I wouldn't want him as my next door neighbor.

There has to be some language in his contract that protects the team from his off-field antics.

I heard he missed practice last Thursday without notifying the team and had no excuse. I love the guy on the field, but off the field he's a disaster waiting to happen. Jerry needs to be careful here.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Now is the perfect time to do it. Hardy is getting a bad rap over that outburst...let people yap all they want, let the most overrated coach in history Brian Billick keep yaping. It just helps us to keep Hardy.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Wilcox is a SS playing FS. Church is the guy that needs to be replaced. Wilcox much better in his natural position of SS

In an ideal world, I would have Jones at FS and draft another playmaker and have Wilcox as the back up.

I agree Church is playing horrible but so is Wilcox (bad angles, poor tackling).

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No rush Jerry, wait till he blows off a couple more practices then give him a huge deal.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Hardy is going to play out the season and then hit the market as a UFA. He knows he can't be franchised. He is not going to accept a deal today.

His play, and his behavior, will determine his value on the open market and he will sign with the highest bidder. This past Sunday probably cost him a couple hundred thou over the long term.

No one is going to remember this non-story next year.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

He didn't want to be franchised because he was making a lot less money this year and that is one of the factors in how much the tag would be worth. Not because he wanted to leave DAL.

He got tagged in 2014 for 13.1m so a second tag would be a 20% increase on his 2015 salary. But he might only make 9m this year. He would revert back to the top 5 DEs and get somewhere above 14.1m like JPP was supposed to get. It was just business.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I would give him somewhere between TCrawford 5/45m and Dez 5/70m money. With 25-30m guaranteed.

If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly
60280985.jpg

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

His play will determine his value and its high right now. Past sunday probably increased his value by a couple hundred thousand.

Aven8

Reaction score
It's a good thing James Harrison, LT, and Haley were all choir boys!

Rogah

Reaction score
He didn't want to be franchised because he was making a lot less money this year and that is one of the factors in how much the tag would be worth. Not because he wanted to leave DAL.

He got tagged in 2014 for 13.1m so a second tag would be a 20% increase on his 2015 salary. But he might only make 9m this year. He would revert back to the top 5 DEs and get somewhere above 14.1m like JPP was supposed to get. It was just business.
Yes I know it was just business. He wants to be a UFA because that in his own best business interest. Coming to Dallas was just business and, if some other team makes a better offer this offseason, than leaving Dallas will be just business. The "Jerry should sign him now!" people just aren't looking at this realistically since it isn't exactly a decision Jerry can make unilaterally. Why would Hardy sign a deal today when the whole point of him coming here was to play out a 1 year deal (suspension notwithstanding) and then hit the UFA market with more career certainty?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yes I know it was just business. He wants to be a UFA because that in his own best business interest. Coming to Dallas was just business and, if some other team makes a better offer this offseason, than leaving Dallas will be just business. The "Jerry should sign him now!" people just aren't looking at this realistically since it isn't exactly a decision Jerry can make unilaterally.

His feelings about the Franchise Tag were just business but his feelings about DAL and JJones may be a lot more personal.

If he feels they trust him and they have his back that would trump top dollar IMO.

Rogah

Reaction score
His play will determine his value and its high right now. Past sunday probably increased his value by a couple hundred thousand.
There are teams (usually the well run ones) who will steadfastly refuse to enter the market for a player who pulls a nutty on the sidelines and assaults a coach. Fewer suitor = less demand. Less demand = less money.

Rogah

Reaction score
His feelings about the Franchise Tag were just business but his feelings about DAL and JJones may be a lot more personal.

If he feels they trust him and they have his back that would trump top dollar IMO.
:lmao2::lmao: Your naivete is adorable!!! Don't ever change, my friend!!!

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
There are teams (usually the well run ones) who will steadfastly refuse to enter the market for a player who pulls a nutty on the sidelines and assaults a coach. Fewer suitor = less demand. Less demand = less money.

He doesnt need 32 suitors. Just a few and they will pay him trust me ( he will get a megadeal). In regards to suitors imo half the league would be knocking at the door. All pro DEs are hard to find like All pro Qbs

Rogah

Reaction score
He doesnt need 32 suitors. Just a few and they will pay him trust me ( he will get a megadeal). In regards to suitors imo half the league would be knocking at the door. All pro DEs are hard to find like All pro Qbs
He didn't exactly have "half the league" chasing after him this past offseason, even though they all knew what a tremendous talent he is. The uncertainty regarding his suspension is removed, but the warning signs are still very much in full force. If anything, they've increased.