Jerry Hopes To Extend Hardy

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao: Your naivete is adorable!!! Don't ever change, my friend!!!

Anyone but you and I would take offense.

I know you have some windows to lick on the way home so I will cut you some slack.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Should make him a captain. Wouldn't that slap the media in the face?

You want that attitude on D and has been lacking for way too long on this team. Ro and Wilcox have it too but not @ the level of Hardy. Reminds me of John Randle.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Well what do people expect him to say?

"We gonna cut his **** after this season" ??? while we are still in the middle of the season and need him on D?

Even if he plans to not bring him back, if he wants to keep him this 1 year he will never come out and say "we are not bringing him back"

:cool:

Rogah

Reaction score
Anyone but you and I would take offense.

I know you have some windows to lick on the way home so I will cut you some slack.
Now now.... no need to get all pissy just because I am making a fool of you (yet again).

But yeah, I'm sure you're right. Hardy doesn't care anything at all about money. He just loves Jerruh and loves Dallas and will play here for free!

Rogah

Reaction score
Well what do people expect him to say?

"We gonna cut his **** after this season" ??? while we are still in the middle of the season and need him on D?

Even if he plans to not bring him back, if he wants to keep him this 1 year he will never come out and say "we are not bringing him back"

:cool:
It's what Jerruh does. He makes it like every single player on his team is the greatest who ever played and we're a-gonna keep him forever and ever! After all, Brandon Weeden throws the best ball he has ever seen and DeMarco ain't going nowhere....

I enjoy Jerruh's routine. I am just not foolish enough to actually fall for it.

Daillest88

Reaction score
So hardy got into Carr's face to? Love it. We need a guy who doesn't take crap

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
In an ideal world, I would have Jones at FS and draft another playmaker and have Wilcox as the back up.

I agree Church is playing horrible but so is Wilcox (bad angles, poor tackling).

I believe Wilcox would be much better at SS. Either way safety needs to be upgraded

coult44

Reaction score
Link.

Jerry don't care about bad PR. :lmao2:

I love it. This guy is a dominant presence on the field and that's what matters.

You extend Hardy and the defense is an upgrade at 1 tech and a play making safety away from being a dominant defense.

The problem with that is Gary and JJ love Church and Wilcox.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Hopefully next game he pile drives the clapping ginger idiot straight into the sideline garbage can

ok, I know this post was probably over the line....but lets try to lighten it a bit

Odds he is still clapping upside down in the bin - 8/5. Odds he smacks Hardy on the but and says "Way to stuff it" -3/1

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yes I know it was just business. He wants to be a UFA because that in his own best business interest. Coming to Dallas was just business and, if some other team makes a better offer this offseason, than leaving Dallas will be just business. The "Jerry should sign him now!" people just aren't looking at this realistically since it isn't exactly a decision Jerry can make unilaterally. Why would Hardy sign a deal today when the whole point of him coming here was to play out a 1 year deal (suspension notwithstanding) and then hit the UFA market with more career certainty?

+ the fact he can't sign a deal until the off season.

Rogah

Reaction score
+ the fact he can't sign a deal until the off season.
I honestly didn't know that, but yes that would also probably support the notion that he won't be signing any sort of extension or new deal prior to being a UFA. :D

CCBoy

Reaction score
I've said all along that if Hardy plays as well as they expect him to play (and he has), that Dallas would sign him long-term (and they should).

Pass rusher is a position where Dallas has no problem spending big at. For a guy who is just entering his prime and who flat out scares opposing offenses, Stephen/Jerry will gladly open up their checkbook.

And I agree with doing it 100%.

I agree Asthma. I hope that Hardy is buying into this team as strongly as the team is in him.

jnday

Reaction score
I have been a Hardy fan since his college days and I hope they can resign him. We just need for him to act unstable a few more times on national TV to lower the contract demands.

VACowboy

Reaction score
You know Jerry Jones loves guys like Greg Hardy. The guy's play will earn him a megacontract. I just hope we can build in some downside protection because he's also loosely-wound enough to do something off the field you end up regretting.

That said you have to keep him if you can do it.

I think Hardy is yapping himself out of money.