Jerry Hopes To Extend Hardy

erod

Reaction score
Hopefully next game he pile drives the clapping ginger idiot straight into the sideline garbage can

Ridiculous. Dez considers Garrett like a pseudo father figure. This team plays hard for Garrett. Not always well, but always hard. A LOT of NFL coaches can't say that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know Jerry Jones loves guys like Greg Hardy. The guy's play will earn him a megacontract. I just hope we can build in some downside protection because he's also loosely-wound enough to do something off the field you end up regretting.

That said you have to keep him if you can do it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Both the Jones' wanna bring him back. That's clear as day.

Greg ain't going anywhere.

At this point, there might be little choice. We haven't seen enough of Gregory to know if he'll provide the same kind of pass-rushing presence Hardy does, and it doesn't look like Lawrence is going to come close to that at this point. If Lawrence had been tearing it up from left end, then Dallas might could just sit back and see if Gregory can be the right end. However, it's clear at the moment that they do not have another player close to Hardy's caliber.

erod

Reaction score
You know Jerry Jones loves guys like Greg Hardy. The guy's play will earn him a megacontract. I just hope we can build in some downside protection because he's also loosely-wound enough to do something off the field you end up regretting.

That said you have to keep him if you can do it.

If they don't sign him, they've got to draft someone like him. If they sign him, they can draft something else of need.

Reaction score
You know he'd like to do it now after the sideline tirade and the national consternation afterward.

Hardy's value is low right now. Sign him before the selective outrage subsides.

I don't think Hardy sees his value as low and would expect he'd expect the market rate for his services. His current contract, although prorated on games played, is pretty sizable as it is. But I agree, locking him up to a longer term deal would great

RunDMC

Reaction score
At this point, there might be little choice. We haven't seen enough of Gregory to know if he'll provide the same kind of pass-rushing presence Hardy does, and it doesn't look like Lawrence is going to come close to that at this point. If Lawrence had been tearing it up from left end, then Dallas might could just sit back and see if Gregory can be the right end. However, it's clear at the moment that they do not have another player close to Hardy's caliber.

Lawrence looks like Anthony Spencer to me. People will always be dissapointed with him if they expect him it be this explosive rusher off the edge like Hardy is, like Ware was here, and Gregory can potentially be. He's gotten stronger, but doesn't really have a great array of moves as far as rushing go. He can contain and hold the edge against the run, but he's never gonna be more than a seven or eight sack guy. I think he's solid, but will probably never be spectacular and most second rounders aren't.

We don't need him to be. We already have a superstar pass rusher in his prime and all indications are he'll be a Dallas Cowboy for a long, long time. Gregory has all the tools to be a dominant rusher. In Week 1 some of the moves he showed for a rookie were incredible. In, out, swim moves, spin moves, bull rushes, dipping underneath the shoulder, etc. didn't get much work this week, but if he keeps his head in the clear we will have two dominant edge rushers. Gregory just needs to up his strength so he can hold up against the run.

erod

Reaction score
Lawrence looks like Anthony Spencer to me. People will always be dissapointed with him if they expect him it be this explosive rusher off the edge like Hardy is, like Ware was here, and Gregory can potentially be. He's gotten stronger, but doesn't really have a great array of moves as far as rushing go. He can contain and hold the edge against the run, but he's never gonna be more than a seven or eight sack guy. I think he's solid, but will probably never be spectacular and most second rounders aren't.

I'd settle for Anthony Spencer in a heartbeat. And Lawrence brings energy more consistently. Nothing wrong with a guy like that.

fortdick

Reaction score
Both the Jones' wanna bring him back. That's clear as day.

Greg ain't going anywhere.

Fire the incompetent ST coach and let him have it to sweeten the deal.

Do you fire every coach Hardy assaults? What if he had assaulted Dez? Or Tony? Just a matter of time before he blows up. Hope he doesn't take the locker room with him like TO.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Hardy sees his value as low and would expect he'd expect the market rate for his services. His current contract, although prorated on games played, is pretty sizable as it is. But I agree, locking him up to a longer term deal would great

He's going to get his money. He might be more flexible on terms, given his situation. And the current dust-up is an opportunity for the team to stand behind him, earn some goodwill, and make a case that some concessions in terms of how they structure the deal are fair to everybody. Hardy's team has already shown an understanding of the situation he's in. They bet he could amplify his market value with this year's deal, and he's going to. But events like Sunday do dampen that amplification. Wherever he goes, teams will be worried the blows up and does something a team can't afford to keep him around after, and rightfully so.

Then again, it didn't really hurt Suh all that much. In terms of risk, I'd say the situations are comparable. Pretty close in terms of the players' talent, too.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

If we get eight sacks out of him at left end, I'd be satisfied. However, we've only gotten two in six games, so five is more likely. I was hoping for more than that (and it could still happen because they sometimes come in bunches).

DenCWBY

Reaction score
You know he'd like to do it now after the sideline tirade and the national consternation afterward.

Good Point!!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Link.

Jerry don't care about bad PR. :lmao2:

I love it. This guy is a dominant presence on the field and that's what matters.

You extend Hardy and the defense is an upgrade at 1 tech and a play making safety away from being a dominant defense.

No only should Jerry sign this guy, but he should fire that Red Guy and make Hardy the HEAD COACH so that he can whip these choir boys into real men that will fight like mad.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
All I have to say is, put a Ratliff clause in the contract for off-field indiscretions and a clause with on field "QB Pain" incentives.

FloridaRob

Reaction score

got a feeling there will be more than this one chance for Hardy to be bashed the way he is now.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
People need to stop trembling at the media. Who cares what the Stephen A and Skippy's of the world will say? Enough is enough with the faux-outrage.

Agree. If there personal lives were exposed we might find out some interesting things.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Here's a chance to get a Suh-like player without the Suh-like price.

I hope so but I think it will cost a lot of money to keep him. I hope we do but it would not surprise me if his agent wants what Dareus from the Bills received. I think Hardy is a much better player. We might not have enough salary cap space to afford him.