News: Jerry: "I told Jason that [Romo] would be back in."

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Oct 28, 2014.

1. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

7,067 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    :) ok

2. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

1,857 Messages
    1,518 Likes Received
    Are you all implying Jerry commanded that Romo was coming in to play?

Might be moreso of an informative gesture to Jason as if Romo is good to go and isn't done for the game.

I am leaning toward the 2nd, as Jerry isn't that senile to push for the end of the season with an injury to Romo.

loublue22 and rpntex like this.
  3. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,699 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    So Jerry is a messenger and errand boy now?

4. rpntex

rpntex Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    1,042 Likes Received
    That's what you interpret the quote to say, but that's not what was said. Sounds to me like ajerry was relaying the news that Romo would be available to come back in if Garrett felt it was necessary. I sisn't agree with the decision, but I think it was one made by Garrett and Romo, cooperatively.

5. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

14,785 Messages
    11,585 Likes Received
    You can infer whatever you want from what Jerry told Jason however, saying Romo "would be back in" is not really all that vague IMO. It is Jerry telling Jason, Romo will be back in. Were is the confusion? It's pretty basic English.

scooper likes this.
  6. rpntex

rpntex Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    1,042 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, he's not. Doesn't matter that the team is still 6-2. This place is an orgy of stupidity when the Cowboys lose

jday likes this.
  7. loublue22

loublue22 Well-Known Member

5,810 Messages
    4,217 Likes Received
    It can clearly mean "hey our starting quarterback is fine to go back in", it's not necessarily an order.

Szczepanik likes this.
  8. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

6,260 Messages
    8,292 Likes Received
    Exactly. It's clear as day what Jerry meant. Otherwise, why would the owner of the team play the role of the message dispatcher, when they have tons of other people who could have went down there to 'notify' Garrett about Romo being available. Telling Garrett that Romo WOULD be back in is clear as day. Jerry making football decisions and the team losing again.

JoeKing likes this.
  9. Szczepanik

1,857 Messages
    1,518 Likes Received
    Moreso showing his passion about the QB and the team by going on the sidelines.

NBA has the owners sitting down. You see Cuban in the seats at every Mavs game just about and not a peep is said. Jerry on the sideline is a sin however...

10. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

14,785 Messages
    11,585 Likes Received
    No, actually it can't. When your billionaire micromanaging boss tells you point blank, "Romo would be back in". It only means one thing and you don't argue the point. Jerry's yes man head coach complied.

11. loublue22

loublue22 Well-Known Member

5,810 Messages
    4,217 Likes Received
    I just don't think the context is clear. We don't know how Jason felt about the situation, he could have been as gung-ho as anyone about Romo going back in, and just waiting for the all clear.

I'm all for taking shots at Jerry, his "interview" last night was ridiculous. But this, I just don't see it. There are a million little things we don't or can't know.

12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

24,222 Messages
    17,747 Likes Received
    Regardless of what was said or how it was said, I think we can all agree that the optics just looked bad.

JoeKing likes this.
  13. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,699 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    Uh huh... Stepford fan.

14. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

22,766 Messages
    14,280 Likes Received
    I didn't make a statement I was asking two questions lol. And as much of a joke it may be its a 6-2 joke. I didn't hear anyone complain about this joke last week.

15. Szczepanik

1,857 Messages
    1,518 Likes Received
    Tell that to Cuban for the Mavs.

16. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

8,593 Messages
    3,510 Likes Received
    For whatever reason there is as to why Jerry told Jason Tony was ok I find it strange that Jerry was involved in the equation to begin with. That he was there when Tony was being examined.

There are guys that can handle this Jerry. They're on your payroll.