Twitter: Jerry: "If we got them talking about us, we’re doing our job.”

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Come on people! Give the guy a break. He obviously has it all together

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-jerry-jones-talking-crazy-143202338.html

"HOST: Jerry, I know you're very optimistic by nature. Is your optimism for this year the same as it is every year?

"JONES: Well, let me just address the first way you stated the question without any issue on it. I have to believe 1 and 1 is 3. I can't operate where 1 and 1 is 2. We all know it is, physically, but the 3 is where you have to go. Now you have to have optimism to operate out in that world, and commit, and do things when you've got to count on 1 and 1 being 3. I'm not trying to play games, but that's where the biggest payoffs are, is out there. It's there for everybody to grab, if 1 and 1 is 2. So here you go."

I uh...

...what?

Jerry, you're gonna need to focus bud. Football is nearly here. You can't be getting metaphysical in September. That's what, I don't know, February 22nd is for.”

interpretation of 1+1= 3 in sportswriter language that can be understood:

It is really about synergy. I believe that the sum of our team is greater than the parts. I have to be optimistic. I realize that people look at the roster on paper, and it seems like we may not be as talented at certain positions on offense as we were at this time last year, but the combination of hard work, growth and development of the young players and the good coaching and practices we’ve had this summer means we can produce at a higher level than what the individual evaluations might suggest. I’ve believed this way my entire life, which is why I’ve been able to be successful in business and in the NFL. Synergy is the key. If you cannot produce at a higher level, then it’s not going to work. I’m very optimistic that our team has that Synergy. It’s like instead of 1 plus 1 being 2, you can make it more than that because of the effects of Synergy.”

Reporter: I don’t understand

Jerry: We’ll, as we say in Arkansas, instead of 1 plus 1 being 2, it could be more like 1 plus 1 equals 3.

Reporter: I didn’t realize math was going to be involved. Jerry is an idiot. Only Billionaires can understand this crazy, crazy concept. “Synergy” is too complicated for non-billionaires to understand.