News: Jerry: "I'm looking for reasons to keep Garrett"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm curious, how does the Dallas media treat Jerry overall? - cause I know if he was here in NY, the guy would be getting killed.
Jerry is the most hated sports figure in Dallas.

The sportswriters and local tv broadcasters who have criticized him the most are the most followed and popular in Dallas.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
tenor.gif

nobody

Reaction score

The sportswriters and local tv broadcasters who have criticized him the most are the most followed and popular in Dallas.

And more dislike him than actually say so since there are ones that dislike him but won't ask tough questions so they can keep covering the Cowboys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And more dislike him than actually say so since there are ones that dislike him but won't ask tough questions so they can keep covering the Cowboys.
Most of those you see are on the payroll or need access as you say.

The ones you can’t see unless your a member or take their daily paper write for the Dallas Morning News and Ft Worth Telegram or local radio and TV affiliates.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not sure how to take this or what it means.......lol

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...is-looking-for-reasons-to-keep-jason-garrett/

Jerry Jones is “looking for reasons” to keep Jason Garrett
Posted by Charean Williams on October 21, 2019, 3:06 PM EDT

The Cowboys front office repeatedly expressed public support for Jason Garrett last week in the midst of a three-game losing streak. Both Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones said Garrett’s job was not on the line in Sunday’s game against the Eagles.

They weren’t lying.

The Cowboys owner, in fact, said he wants to keep Garrett beyond this season after Garrett’s contract expires.

“I am looking for reasons. I’m looking for reasons to keep him,” Jones said. “It’s merited here. It’s hard to get an effective coach and get it locked in with all you have to do retool and redo
1. Garrett is respectful
2. He is cheery
3. Well groomed
4. Best g Sally from the shelter says he is good looking
5. He is smart and went to Princeton; Jerry went to that Arkansas college where they cry out Oink! Oink!

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I'm hoping he just respects Garrett too much, and wants to pump him up enough that he secures work after we move on.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Y’all goin so pissed off when GARRETT gets a next contract extension before Amari or Dak:muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is Teflon to the media. I’ve never seen anyone who’s taken the public ridicule as he has. He stands in the fire while his cash register continues ringing.

His contributions he was inducted for has enabled him to withstand the ridicule and criticism by plotting a brilliant scheme for revenue with his stadium which isn’t totally dependent on the local fans. Just the local businesses.

Zordon

Reaction score

Jerry has seduced the media in Dallas. And every time I attend a practice, I see fans lining up for selfies with him.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Hell, I'm wondering he's just lowered Garrett's bar from NFCCG to one playoff win(lol). But the real question is why is he talking about this NOW during the middle of the season?

Same reason anyone says anything to the press- he was asked.

JayFord

Reaction score
Your 4-3 ahead of the division by a game and a half at the bye and if Philly wins next week we are still number 1

what can he say?

I think Garrett should be gone as well but we cant do it right now

now had we lost last night different story

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry has seduced the media in Dallas. And every time I attend a practice, I see fans lining up for selfies with him.
He’s a celebrity . I hate what Jerry’s done to Cowboys Football but I’d take a selfie with him too.

I’ve actually met Jerry a few times in early years. Great guy.

stiletto

Reaction score
Jerry is looking for Baby steps... Garrett has to get to the NFC Championship or he is going to be replaced in my opinion. If he gets us there, it won't matter how bad we lose, Garrett will be back because he made "another step"....low standard Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry doesn’t hold coaching in high regard. If it wasn’t for public pressure it would be a no brainer for him.

dfense

Reaction score
Quality coaches who are consistent don't grow on trees. Jerry did the coach rotation for years before he decided to stick with one for more than a few years. Look around the division. The only coach who's had any success is Peterson and I'd argue it was Frank Reich's work with the QBs that won more than the "Peterson" effect. The Giants coach is meh.
Washington is looking again. What makes anyone think a college coach will quit a sweet gig to come to the Cowboys anyway? Let alone have success. It's a crap shoot.