Twitter: Jerry: I'm surprised and disappointed. I thought this was one of our best teams

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yup. I didn't dwell on the reaction. I've learned through the years to let stuff wash off me.

I've mostly learned to stay out of the really stupid convo's, but I do catch myself imbibing now and then!!!!!!!!

Forbidden fruit...

cern

Reaction score
At the GM position? You're kidding, right?
the bean counters are beginning to fall like hc's of late. accountability is becoming more than just a catch phrase. dimitroff, hurney, caldwell (falcons, jaguars, panthers). a few others on the hot seat.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What made Ozzie Newsome qualified? He was a top 5 gm the past 20 years

Those around Ozzie Newsome knew him for what he was. He was not only a great athlete, remember he was a HOF TE in Cleveland, he was whip smart, he knew the game inside and out and he worked harder then everybody else. Those guys, who are blessed with that kind of skill set, intelligence and drive, they are rare. Roger Staubach is like that. That's what qualified him as GM and again, remember, he was hired by Art Modell, who was around Newsome his entire career. He knew who and what Ozzie was, much better then any other owner. I don't really see Newsome as that big a reach to be honest. That guy was just better then everybody else from the get go.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this year cleveland has shown the value of a good head coach. something jerry seems to dismiss. you would think the successes of jimmy and parcells would have imprinted that on his brain. apparently not.
He viewed the HC as competition for attention and was too busy looking at himself to look at two really good teaching examples of coaching and building a team.

There is a very easy measurement that the first boss I ever had ingrained in me, and one that I learned the hard way I might add. If you're in management and talking 50% or more of the time, you have already lost. One mouth, two ears but they don't work as well when the mouth is moving.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Imagine sucking at something for 24 years and then being surprised you still suck at it the 25th year.
If you got a few billion in the bank you get to do that.
Or you think you have the right to do that.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Guys guys guys I have great news. We are only 1 or 2 players away from the superbowl. Just wait and see these moral victories this year will carry over to next. Yeeeaaaa

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe you did, but count me as one who thought the defense wasn't anywhere close to championship caliber. Folks got excited about a couple of overpaid has-beens and we lost our best cover corner.

Had enough offense to win some games, maybe win the East, but the defense would've been their downfall in the postseason (again).

Prior to the season we were getting stories about how excited the players were to be in a defense that disguised looks from formations so well. We didn’t hear much about blown coverages and getting blown up in the running game.

Here’s one is several optimistic threads from back then. It looks like you were skeptical, as you suggest:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/i-t...-the-potential-of-this-team-unleashed.461601/

coult44

Reaction score
The cherry on top is that after being one of the worst teams in football the majority of the year we go on to screw up our top 3 draft pick at the end of this horrible season.

If not for the Jets we would be the most stupid team in the NFL.

Because you can tell grown *** men fighting for a job next year to play worse than they have already been playing.