Twitter: Jerry: I'm surprised and disappointed. I thought this was one of our best teams

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It did look like we had made some good moves to shore up the Dline - I don't think anyone on this board felt like Poe, McCoy and Griffith would have turned out as poorly as they have. It looked like the D was set to succeed. What part the new staff and lack of time to prepare had on the whole scenario is anyone's guess

Then you have the turnover issue.

The injuries on the Oline

The injury to Dak

I liked that we were at least making moves, but paying fairly cheap rates for aging talent is always iffy. Jerry has lost sight of that in his and Stephen's reluctance to overpay. They thought McCoy was worth the risk despite the obvious injury concern that they had a clause for in his contract., because he was relatively cheap.

We let our best corner go because he was costly and the Joneses thought the cheaper options could adequately take his place.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
To injury we lost our starting quarterback both starting offensive tackles a defensive starting tackle tight end and then lost countless snaps to injury from people that didn't miss the entire season.

I haven't seen the exact metrics but prima facie it appears to be one of the worst injury seasons we've had in my lifetime.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
But he hired the coaching too. I suspect he’ll put it all on injuries. That should wash his slate clean for this season.

most of the coaching hires were a disaster.

the offense and special teams coordinators are good.

They could fire most of the rest and no one would cry about it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
To injury we lost our starting quarterback both starting offensive tackles a defensive starting tackle tight end and then lost countless snaps to injury from people that didn't miss the entire season.

I haven't seen the exact metrics but prima facie it appears to be one of the worst injury seasons we've had in my lifetime.

Ok...

but Cinci beat the steelheads with their 3rd string QB....

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Looking back, which is easy, it was a huge mistake to move on from Jason.

Now they have a freaking mess to clean up.

We still have Will McClay, who had an awesome draft.

the FAs were a disaster.

gonna be a tough offseason.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm neither surprised, nor "disappointed," in Jerry. He's prone to being overly impressed by teams that are anything but exceptional. :angry:

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Looking back, which is easy, it was a huge mistake to move on from Jason.

Now they have a freaking mess to clean up.

We still have Will McClay, who had an awesome draft.

the FAs were a disaster.

gonna be a tough offseason.

They had to move on from Garrett. There was no creativity or drive in the team. I think a lot of you guys are too critical of MM. If he sucks next year, then fine, but given the circumstance of 2020, I don't think he has been fairly assessed.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yep, and come April...Jerry will be talking Super Bowl again :facepalm:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Have to admit.
Preseason, looking at the entire roster before any injuries or disappointments, I thought that (on paper) this was a fairly talented team compared to what we've had lately.

It's all relative though. Better still might have been all that great.

I will say this; early in the year, our defensive coordinator did us no favors. But everyone shares the blame.

Lost Byron, Heath, Collins.

Signed McCoy, Poe, Dix.

We get Lamb in the first, then the CB we would have taken in the second anyway. Get great value in every round.

Diggs wouldn't be as good as Byron, but he saves lots of money as a credible day one starter. The secondary had a bunch of young guys who should have only been improving. Awuzie, Lewis, Woods, Brown.

Poe is simply a bonus, a pure addition of a *better* 1T starter over what we had had for the previous 2 years. Having both should really help short yardage. An actual *quality* version of the big fat tree stump many have been screaming for for years.

LVE maybe coming back from injury was iffy, but if healthy, a good chance to get a very good player and a big upgrade at LB.

Lamb over Cobb I'll take every day. And Gallup's numbers had many talking about *him* being our future #1, and he was only entering his 3rd year.

Frederick quitting was a blow from expectations, but not that big a blow from what he brought last year. He just wasn't that good. Between McGovern and Biadasz, seemed like one could be close to replacing that.

We looked better on both sides of the ball.

Come the season, free agents stink, the whole defense is confused, and LVE is a huge dropoff from his rookie season when he manages to make the field. Jaylon continues his slide of 2019.

Meanwhile, Zeke drops off a cliff in productivity per touch *and* can't hold onto the ball.

Ignore the ocean of injuries. Ignore the confusion on defense.

Poe, Dix, and Griffen were *bad*.

LVE and Jaylon are *poor*, when just a few years ago, we were talking about them becoming the best LB combo in the league, and certainly the core of the defense. The Gallup Bubble bursts, and Zeke becomes an ordinary power back who can't hold onto the ball.

That's what is hurting now. Zeke, LVE, Jaylon. Top picks who once looked like the core of the team now meh.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The cherry on top is that after being one of the worst teams in football the majority of the year we go on to screw up our top 3 draft pick at the end of this horrible season.

If not for the Jets we would be the most stupid team in the NFL.

100% correct. And who was one of the guys hoping we win games the last 10 weeks? That would be you.

Do you recall jumping up and down with Glee when Dalton finally got his chance? Saying that he would play better than Dak and "Dalton efficiency" would make the offense AND defense better and we would make the playoffs? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lost Byron, Heath, Collins.

Signed McCoy, Poe, Dix.

We get Lamb in the first, then the CB we would have taken in the second anyway. Get great value in every round.

Diggs wouldn't be as good as Byron, but he saves lots of money as a credible day one starter. The secondary had a bunch of young guys who should have only been improving. Awuzie, Lewis, Woods, Brown.

Poe is simply a bonus, a pure addition of a *better* 1T starter over what we had had for the previous 2 years. Having both should really help short yardage. An actual *quality* version of the big fat tree stump many have been screaming for for years.

LVE maybe coming back from injury was iffy, but if healthy, a good chance to get a very good player and a big upgrade at LB.

Lamb over Cobb I'll take every day. And Gallup's numbers had many talking about *him* being our future #1, and he was only entering his 3rd year.

Frederick quitting was a blow from expectations, but not that big a blow from what he brought last year. He just wasn't that good. Between McGovern and Biadasz, seemed like one could be close to replacing that.

We looked better on both sides of the ball.

Come the season, free agents stink, the whole defense is confused, and LVE is a huge dropoff from his rookie season when he manages to make the field. Jaylon continues his slide of 2019.

Meanwhile, Zeke drops off a cliff in productivity per touch *and* can't hold onto the ball.

Ignore the ocean of injuries. Ignore the confusion on defense.

Poe, Dix, and Griffen were *bad*.

LVE and Jaylon are *poor*, when just a few years ago, we were talking about them becoming the best LB combo in the league, and certainly the core of the defense. The Gallup Bubble bursts, and Zeke becomes an ordinary power back who can't hold onto the ball.

That's what is hurting now. Zeke, LVE, Jaylon. Top picks who once looked like the core of the team now meh.
Lost Heath oh no!!!!! Disaster!!!

Wilson is better than Heath as its turning out.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
and now u truly know why the cowboys cant win and most times cant even get out of their own way

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The Bengals played hard and won last night. That makes them pretty stupid too right?

Actually, the Bears must realize that they have no chance of winning the SB this year. They are just not good enough. That was pretty stupid of them to win yesterday.

All these dumb teams are hurting their draft picks.

Yes they are pretty stupid....i think he singled out the jets because they had the #! pick in their pocket and the FO was probably looking at Trevor as their guy..and so did all the draft experts and fans. The others are not anywhere near the top pick.