Twitter: Jerry: I'm surprised and disappointed. I thought this was one of our best teams

conner01

Reaction score
Have to admit.
Preseason, looking at the entire roster before any injuries or disappointments, I thought that (on paper) this was a fairly talented team compared to what we've had lately.

It's all relative though. Better still might have been all that great.

I will say this; early in the year, our defensive coordinator did us no favors. But everyone shares the blame.
It’s hard to overcome 2020 no matter how good your team is
Not many teams are gonna be good with 4 different QB, 8 or so different offensive line lineups, new scheme with no pre season, the secondary being a revolving door
I think most fans thought our roster before the season was pretty decent, but we never got to see what it could have done

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think many fans were surprised too. Offensive personnel looked like perhaps the best in the league. The D with McCoy, Poe, Smith, and Griffen added looked much improved at least along the line.

We all underestimated how bad a Nolan run d would be in a shortened offseason. I thought we may see some blown coverages the first quarter or so of the season but would then make adjustments.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think many fans were surprised too. Offensive personnel looked like perhaps the best in the league. The D with McCoy, Poe, Smith, and Griffen added looked much improved at least along the line.

We all underestimated how bad a Nolan run d would be in a shortened offseason. I thought we may see some blown coverages the first quarter or so of the season but would then make adjustments.

Nolan has always used huge defensive tackles in order to anchor the run. We have nothing even resembling that. we haven't put a priority on that since Jimmy Johnson was around and we drafted Russell Maryland.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It’s hard to overcome 2020 no matter how good your team is
Not many teams are gonna be good with 4 different QB, 8 or so different offensive line lineups, new scheme with no pre season, the secondary being a revolving door
I think most fans thought our roster before the season was pretty decent, but we never got to see what it could have done

Prescott Smith Martin Collins Jarwin

But hey let's blame Jerry Jones and Kellen Moore because. . . .

I get the people like simple solutions but Occam's razor is about what to look at first not the answer to all problems.

conner01

Reaction score
Prescott Smith Martin Collins Jarwin

But hey let's blame Jerry Jones and Kellen Moore because. . . .

I get the people like simple solutions but Occam's razor is about what to look at first not the answer to all problems.
And that’s not half the players we’ve lost
I don’t get the hate for Moore either
We’ve played 4 QB and had I think 8 different olines and we’ve still had a decent offense

Big_D

Reaction score
This quote is Jerry in a nutshell every year! Routinely thinks he’s super bowl bound.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And that’s not half the players we’ve lost
I don’t get the hate for Moore either
We’ve played 4 QB and had I think 8 different olines and we’ve still had a decent offense

Finding scapegoats is all too human. People like to have somebody to blame and focus their emotions on. Sometimes it's valid most of the time it's not.

The offense has done much better than I expected given what we've been dealing with.

The offensive line coach deserves a raise considering how well the pass protections been given all of the injuries and lack of talent amongst The replacements

visionary

Reaction score
This roster was never seriously competing for a championship and anyone thinking so was delusional

but of course that is exactly why Jerry and many CZ homers would do so

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry, God bless him, is the Wile E. Coyote of the NFL.
giphy.gif

Motorola

Reaction score
To injury we lost our starting quarterback both starting offensive tackles a defensive starting tackle tight end and then lost countless snaps to injury from people that didn't miss the entire season.

I haven't seen the exact metrics but prima facie it appears to be one of the worst injury seasons we've had in my lifetime.
The injuries suffered by the 49ers were just as devastating...reduced the defending NFC champion to last in their division, with the only losing record.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The injuries suffered by the 49ers were just as devastating...reduced the defending NFC champion to last in their division, with the only losing record.
yes most logical fans understand the injuries' arent an excuse they are valid reasons for the 2020 failure...its facts..

odd the PB steelers lost 3 players two studs on defense and they lost 3 straight now..sometimes you can cover up a few injuries' but this was all time all world amount of injuries'..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Jerry, your BS doesn't fly any more. it took 25 years, but stop, just freaking stop being a salesman...

this is jerry trying to set things up for next year, selling hope again.

you suck as a GM. the 5-9 is all on you. you put this team together, did the draft and hired the coaches.....

the disappointments of the past 25 years are all on you...

pancakeman

Reaction score
My conclusion is that Jerry thinks he has assembled good talent because he actually has assembled good talent. But then that good talent also thinks they have a team full of good talent, and they play with a sense of entitlement rather than hunger. So the belief in the talent level is itself keeping the talent from reaching their potential.