Jerry Is Imploding Right Before Our Eyes

RonWashington

Reaction score
Years ago this would have bothered me more but now I am older and I love seeing Jerry and his Lip Smacking ego getting destroyed!

Looks like Jerry might find one of his 500 coaches that can coach the Cowboys to a Super Bowl.

He is on coach number 7, soon to be 8 so he does have ways to go before he gets to 500.

Only 8 ? Seems like a 100

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry Says He Likes To keep The Continuity With The Likes Of Mike McCarthy, Coordinator Staff Members etc; Going Forward For Best Success..
The Problem Is After Losing DQ Joe Whitt Jr. Possibility Many More To Follow And The Likelihood Of Al Harris Throws Out Jerry's Narrative..

So Much For Continuity..And Jerry Is Imploding Right Before Our Eyes..
And I Thought It Couldn't Get Even Worse After The GB Debacle But It Has And It's Going To Get Worse And The Regular Season Hasn't Even Started Yet.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
What exactly did we win with all of these coaches that are leaving?

Oh thats right, the answer is nothing.

Gambit

Reaction score
As I've yet to even read anything Jerry has said today about Quinn I don't know how this conclusion can be made.

Also, earlier reports of Whitt being hired have been demonstrated to be erroneous.

Now, is the OP imploding? There may be evidence to support this.

McMicah

Reaction score
If this team’s potential was on a line graph, we have passed our highest peak and are on the downhill. Our best chance was this year IMO. This is when really smart teams do a vet yard sale.

Here’s a hard truth. TJ Bass and Zach Martin weren’t that far apart this year.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Jerry Didn't Even See This Coming.. Fools Gold. Jerry Could Have Done This Now Firing MM And Clean House..

But It Will Be a Slow Death a Wasted Year As We Will See This Team In 2024.

You Guys Ready For 2025..Im Not, Not Interested In a Slow Death

Let's All Sing Along..Wasted Days/Nights & Wasted Years...

ravx25

Reaction score
Who cares, they're still going to suck next year like they always do. It doesn't matter who they pick up. The Cowboys will always Cowboy every season.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Says He Likes To keep The Continuity With The Likes Of Mike McCarthy, Coordinator Staff Members etc; Going Forward For Best Success..
The Problem Is After Losing DQ Joe Whitt Jr. Possibility Many More To Follow And The Likelihood Of Al Harris Throws Out Jerry's Narrative..

So Much For Continuity..And Jerry Is Imploding Right Before Our Eyes..
And I Thought It Couldn't Get Even Worse After The GB Debacle But It Has And It's Going To Get Worse And The Regular Season Hasn't Even Started Yet.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
One thing I’ve never understood about the way Jerry thinks about continuity is this - why is it great to keep a staff together that has won 1 playoff game in 4 years?

He did the same thing with Garrett and Wade. Garrett made the playoffs 3 times in 10 years. Yay continuity. Wade had the #1 seed in 2007, wasted it, won 1 WC game in 2009, and was kept after the terrible 34-3 drubbing the Vikes put on us in the 2009 divisional playoffs. In 2010, we started 1-7 and Wade was fired.

I know Big Mac has led us to 3 straight 12 win seasons. That is a great accomplishment. Until you realize those three really good regular seasons led to one wild card win.

Continuity is good when you are continuing something you want to repeat. Winning 1 wild card game in four years isn’t that close. It’s not “around the rim”, it’s still on the ground.

dupree89

Reaction score
Years ago this would have bothered me more but now I am older and I love seeing Jerry and his Lip Smacking ego getting destroyed!

Looks like Jerry might find one of his 500 coaches that can coach the Cowboys to a Super Bowl.

He is on coach number 7, soon to be 8 so he does have ways to go before he gets to 500.
problem with enjoying jerry get destroyed, it also means we suffer because of it. I get what youre saying but that also means frustration for us as fans.

CWR

Reaction score
Some of y'all are in panic mode.:popcorn:
Things are not great but I can't panic when I have no real expectations. I do fond it hard to believe Jerry didn't want to promote from within, IF Quinn left.That option is gone now.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Jerry Didn't Even See This Coming.. Fools Gold. Jerry Could Have Done This Now Firing MM And Clean House..

But It Will Be a Slow Death a Wasted Year As We Will See This Team In 2024.

You Guys Ready For 2025..Im Not, Not Interested In a Slow Death

Let's All Sing Along..Wasted Days/Nights & Wasted Years...
Quit yelling at us with your BOLD font, and big letters.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Things are not great but I can't panic when I have no real expectations. I do fond it hard to believe Jerry didn't want to promote from within, IF Quinn left.That option is gone now.
I understand your point. But Jerry typically overrates his coaches like his players. He prefers promoting from within which is fine if they are great coaches. But I then remember Dave Campo. A very nice guy and a good assistant. But definitely a guy who had no business being a head coach.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I understand your point. But Jerry typically overrates his coaches like his players. He prefers promoting from within which is fine if they are great coaches. But I then remember Dave Campo. A very nice guy and a good assistant. But definitely a guy who had no business being a head coach.
I believe Campo was hired as a placeholder to get through the down years of Salary CAP wilderness. Also, Aikman was instrumental in getting Chan Gailey fired, and he likely wanted someone from Jimmy's staff in charge. Jerry was trying to placate Aikman by hiring Campo and trading two 1st round picks for Joey Galloway. It didn't work, and Aikman got hurt and retired the same year Campo was hired. After that, it was just riding out the string for all the old contracts to fall off the CAP. Then he hired Parcells.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Why is he imploding? Because we lost DQ (who very few wanted) and some assistants???
Jerry Said He Was All In But What That Meant?..Could Be a Number of Things And I Don't Think Jerry Even knows.

Also Remember Jerry Said Continuity Was Important To Jerry..Losing Your Top DC Throws a Wrench At Jerry's Thinking.

However, Jerry Doesn't "Think" In Terms In Jerry's World Where No Man Has Gone Before..

Spaced Out Jerry: His final frontier. These are the Voyages of Jerry's World. Its 30 Year mission to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations And a Super Bowl to boldly go where no man has gone Before Other Than Jerry's World.

The Mind Of Jerry.. Jerry's World

Gambit

Reaction score
How so?