Jerry is intimidated by this

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First of all JJ would never hire him. He has credentials. Also- No way Cowher would ever leave his Cush million dollar TV job to play second fiddle to a football Carney like Jerry. Cowher was used to the Pittsburg owners- the Rooney family who always let their HCs run the football side.
Romo might be Jerry’s guy if he can lure him out of the CBS booth. No coaching credibility and might even be a good puppet.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw a couple articles ripping on Jerry today. I'm glad the media has FINALLY started to call him out. It's about 15 years overdue. An article out of Philly called him "the gift that keeps on giving." He's a joke.
I’ve shared this before on this forum....I have a cousin who married a guy from Filly and of course he’s a beagles fan. He has told me 100 times that eagles fans LOVE Jerry Jones. He says JJ is the best thing to ever happen to the eagles.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I saw a couple articles ripping on Jerry today. I'm glad the media has FINALLY started to call him out. It's about 15 years overdue. An article out of Philly called him "the gift that keeps on giving." He's a joke.
What’s even sadder is we’ve provided him a seal of approval to build a new stadium becoming the wealthiest franchise in the world. Once the stadium was built, sponsors inked and PSL’s sold. Game over!

yimyammer

Reaction score
Still not a guarantee, but if this team finishes as poorly as they have been playing lately, say 6-10 or 5-11, Jerry probably can’t justify keeping his personal Tom Landry anymore, despite wanting to.

But...IF Jerry has to hire a new HC, based on his history and a weird psychosis about not having a HC that can outshine him, don’t expect some big name guy to be named.

Because for some strange reason, Jerry is intimidated by real football people who have had major success. Rather than hiring a HC that gives HIS TEAM the best chance to WIN, he wants to hire someone that gives him the best chance to feel good about himself.

I’m sure someone with some expertise in psychology could write a book on why this billionaire is so insecure and even petty about his credentials. So bottom line....if Garrett gets fired, don’t expect some big name coach with a history of NFL success as a head coach to be hired. And I wouldn’t expect an up and coming young star college coach like Lincoln Riley either. It will probably be another mid-level NFL Asst Coach few have ever heard of.

Too much star power makes Jerry uncomfortable and intimidated. And by now, we should all know his personal comfort has top priority over winning.

Here's my clinical analysis:

He's an insecure attention ***** of the highest order, rivaling the Kardashians.

In fact, the Cowboys are the Kardashians of the NFL.

I guess I've officially crossed the fuddy-duddy line because it seems this is what fans care about these days and I just don't get it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve shared this before on this forum....I have a cousin who married a guy from Filly and of course he’s a beagles fan. He has told me 100 times that eagles fans LOVE Jerry Jones. He says JJ is the best thing to ever happen to the eagles.
Right and why the league loves him. His revenue generating brilliance has benefited everyone while his ego has nullified Cowboys Football. What more could the other 31 teams ask for ? Seriously!

Last edited:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Still not a guarantee, but if this team finishes as poorly as they have been playing lately, say 6-10 or 5-11, Jerry probably can’t justify keeping his personal Tom Landry anymore, despite wanting to.

But...IF Jerry has to hire a new HC, based on his history and a weird psychosis about not having a HC that can outshine him, don’t expect some big name guy to be named.

Because for some strange reason, Jerry is intimidated by real football people who have had major success. Rather than hiring a HC that gives HIS TEAM the best chance to WIN, he wants to hire someone that gives him the best chance to feel good about himself.

I’m sure someone with some expertise in psychology could write a book on why this billionaire is so insecure and even petty about his credentials. So bottom line....if Garrett gets fired, don’t expect some big name coach with a history of NFL success as a head coach to be hired. And I wouldn’t expect an up and coming young star college coach like Lincoln Riley either. It will probably be another mid-level NFL Asst Coach few have ever heard of.

Too much star power makes Jerry uncomfortable and intimidated. And by now, we should all know his personal comfort has top priority over winning.
Great post & nice read. Ty. All we can hope is that somehow some way Jerry has been humbled by the last several years of mediocrity.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve seen this type of criticism before though . And we’ll have a good season providing hope again. Cowboy fans like most NFL fans are addicted to the product.

Unfortunately our addiction has been taken advantage of by the biggest self promoting egotistical owner the NFL and perhaps sports has ever seen.

From Day 1 this has been more about Jerry Jones than the Dallas Cowboys.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry's a turd. Cowboy fans wound up with the worst possible owner in sports. We know his next choice for coach will most likely suck also, but he won't be married to keeping him around for 2 decades. Garretts like his long lost child at this point and Jerry still hoping for greatness out of him is just delusional and weird.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Diehard, and most of us would agree with your statement, BUT we have Clapper, Linehan AKA vanilla queen and Dak and dunk DUHHH Prescott... ain't a whole lot of talent between all 3 of em...
And why we basically have a hopeless situation.

The bar has been lowered. The Cowboys are no longer a great football franchise. The sooner we come to this realization and stop rewarding Jerry the better we will feel despite if he changes or not.

It’s one thing to suck but for Jerry to be rewarded for sucking makes me sick.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Die, I quit buying anything branded cowboys a long while ago... I will not support JJ and his ego....and I have a grandson who loves the cowboys, and now has to ask why I don't watch the games....pathetic coming from a guy who is 59 and been a fan since about 8 years old.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you think this is going to make anything better you're sadly mistaken. Jerry will only dig in further against the media criticism. He'll probably give JG a lengthy extension along with Dak just to be defiant. Reminds me of someone...can't quite put my finger on who though.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL......Please post the link, I want to read it.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I really wish someone would ask Jerry publicly why he is intimidated by accomplished football people. Might create some “reverse psychology” and make him hire someone legit, lol.

Doubt it, smh.

Better yet ask Jerry if he thinks he was the reason why the Cowboys won those super bowls while Jimmy was the coach.