Jerry is letting the world know how badly he wants Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's just incredible why you would divulge this information.
They love to hear themselves talk. We are led by two idiots.

Putting that aside, you gotta love them doing literally nothing at TB this offseason to get better and then they are going to turn around and draft a RB in the 2nd round coming off ACL surgery that might not be ready for the start of the season and as history has shown us, take about a season for them to even get close to being back.

Oh I forgot. We are gonna bring Elliott back. Problem solved. LOL.

slick325

Reaction score
Isn't the consistent year round transparency of the GM and his VP son such a great thing? The benefits of the unique structure in Dallas has enormous advantages, doesn't it?

These guys are the walking embodiment of "worst kept secret".

Sydla

Reaction score
So the only reason we picked up a three was to move up for a RB that can't play yet?
Oh my god.

I didn't think about it this way. Did we really trade DOWN to get a project OT in order to trade up to grab a TB coming off ACL surgery?

It makes perfect sense.

Sydla

Reaction score
Every time you think Jerry has done the most stupid thing ever, he tops it the next time with something even more moronic
Maybe in the long run this works out for us. Someone sees this and makes their move for Brooks before our pick.

I like Brooks but when you ignore FA and draft for immediate impact players, you likely can't be taking a TB coming off ACL surgery who might not be ready to play at the start of the year and stands a good chance of needing a full year to get his legs under him.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Oh my god.

I didn't think about it this way. Did we really trade DOWN to get a project OT in order to trade up to grab a TB coming off ACL surgery?

It makes perfect sense.
I'd bet money on it

visionary

Reaction score
Maybe in the long run this works out for us. Someone sees this and makes their move for Brooks before our pick.

I like Brooks but when you ignore FA and draft for immediate impact players, you likely can't be taking a TB coming off ACL surgery who might not be ready to play at the start of the year and stands a good chance of needing a full year to get his legs under him.
Im hoping it into existence

Sydla

Reaction score
Im hoping it into existence
Take a DL or LB in the 2nd, then use one of the thirds for a RB - hope Wright falls, I don't love either option but either Allen or Estime might be there.

Then hope and pray a decent RB gets cut during summer cuts.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are openly saying they want Brooks it makes me think they don’t want Brooks.

Telling people at this point who you want is monumentally stupid.
So they franchise pollard off a broken leg?

And now they want to take a rb who jsut tore his acl?

I actually don’t mind Dallas draft strategy of being so transparent . There’s something interesting about it.

They probably have 3-4 rb they like here

Status
Not open for further replies.