Jerry is letting the world know how badly he wants Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The team cannot draft a RB in the first 3 rounds. Too many RBs out there. The main need is DL and OL big and physical contributors. Otherwise the team will be exposed again in the playoffs. The focus has to be on replacing LVE and adding to the OL.

Plus, I'd love to have Dillon Johnson in round 6 from UWashington

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Round 2 has always been known as 'Jerry's Pick'
I doubt there are very many of us belonging to this website that aren't aware of that. It has long been reported as such by the media. ;)

That is exactly why I made the comment that we should all be anticipating Jerry to make such a move. It would be just like him to do so.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I guess I'd have to forgive Jerry if he somehow found it irresistible to do use another pick to move up for Brooks.
He's more of a fan than a GM. I'd surely use a fair number of cuss words to reveal my displeasure, though.:grin:

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
I guess I'd have to forgive Jerry if he somehow found it irresistible to do use another pick to move up for Brooks.
He's more of a fan than a GM. I'd surely use a fair number of cuss words to reveal my displeasure, though.:grin:
I'd be excited to get Brooks, but don't want to burn an extra pick to do so. I'd also prefer to get a stud LB in rd2.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd be excited to get Brooks, but don't want to burn an extra pick to do so. I'd also prefer to get a stud LB in rd2.
Yessir, I feel the same inclination to see a LB in the 2nd round and perhaps a RB in the 3rd, even though Jerry might take Brooks in rd. 2. ;)

No question but what LB is an imposing need for this team, to solidify our defense as need be. We don't want to see another issue like Green Bay caused us in the 1st round of the playoffs last year. Of course, the playoffs aren't guaranteed to anyone, especially with our current situation. I'll be hoping for some good results in the season to come, regardless of the final tally of the season. I'll try to content myself with just being entertained.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Yessir, I feel the same inclination to see a LB in the 2nd round and perhaps a RB in the 3rd, even though Jerry might take Brooks in rd. 2. ;)

No question but what LB is an imposing need for this team, to solidify our defense as need be. We don't want to see another issue like Green Bay caused us in the 1st round of the playoffs last year. Of course, the playoffs aren't guaranteed to anyone, especially with our current situation. I'll be hoping for some good results in the season to come, regardless of the final tally of the season. I'll try to content myself with just being entertained.
My fear not going RB is we end up having Zeke as our bellcow again. If we take a rookie with pedigree I don't think Zeke will be nearly the threat. Brooks recovery can also put us in that position though.

Status
Not open for further replies.