Jerry is letting the world know how badly he wants Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Not a single RB taken in the entire first round yet here we are talking about taking a broken one in round two. If we do I am gonna be sad.

montgod

Reaction score
For once, I actually think this was on purpose and not JJ being the crazy uncle who shares all that he's not supposed to. :huh:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry has always be prone to doing whatever he wants in round 2. I'm hoping he waits until round 3 to make a RB selection, but not counting on it. Brooks is most likely the best RB available when healthy, but his knee will only be 8 months healed at the time of the 2nd round. That's a risk that Jerry is likely to see as doable, knowing how he thinks about accepting players with risky injuries. Expect anything to happen in that scenario.

Last edited:

MikeT22

Reaction score
Jerry has always be prone to doing whatever he wants in round 2. I'm hoping he waits until round 3 to make a RB selection, but not counting on it. Brooks is most likely the best RB available when healthy, but his knee will only be 8 months healed at the time of the 2nd round. That's a risk that Jerry is likely to see as doable, knowing how he thinks about accepting players with risky injuries. Expect anything to happen in that scenario.
I’m hoping they tell him the second round starts Saturday

Majic

Reaction score
Round 2 has always been known as 'Jerry's Pick'

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That'd be insane. There are multiple RB's that only grade slightly worse than Brooks that will be in there later.
Brooks would have been a first-round pick if not for the injury. The next best is mid- to late-second at best.

CoachD

Reaction score
Jerry's mouth just can't help itself I mean why would you run your mouth about any player can't you just shut it and keep it a secret until after the pick damn it Jerry!!!!

jgboys1

Reaction score
It's just incredible why you would divulge this information.
That’s what he does. He is the ultimate Snake oil salesman!
He can’t help himself. I’m just hoping that cut under his nose heals!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I could manage to live with it if Jerry picked Brooks with the Cowboys' 24th pick. If he swapped a valuable pick to move up, I couldn't. :omg:
No question that RB is one of our biggest needs in the current draft. Moving up with others almost as good available wouldn't suit me. :angry:

To be honest, I thing there will be RBs available in the 3rd or even the 4th round that would come close to equaling what Brooks has to offer.

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Jaylen Wright or Trey Benson at 73 makes more sense than moving up for Brooks. If Brooks is there at 56 and Dallas takes him I can live with it.

basel90

Reaction score

The team cannot draft a RB in the first 3 rounds. Too many RBs out there. The main need is DL and OL big and physical contributors. Otherwise the team will be exposed again in the playoffs. The focus has to be on replacing LVE and adding to the OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.