Jerry is on the phone!!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DaBoys4Life;2334362 said:
That's not saying much......

Maybe .... but we need him as a 4-3 tackle when the new defensive coordinator Campo switches back during the bye week.

Opps .....

;)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2334388 said:
Maybe .... but we need him as a 4-3 tackle when the new defensive coordinator Campo switches back during the bye week.

Opps .....

;)

LoL then carp will be enough of a deal sweetener maybe throw in Hurd

peck-sicilyisland

Reaction score
First, get a new coach,players play off the coach,Nice coaches often don't win in the NFL. Your coach has to have some kick butt in him.Jerry Jones is fooling himself.Or should I say trying to.Hire you a coach, Jerry.One that you can't control.Let him hire his own coaches.You count the money and wins.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Boysboy;2333235 said:
Well-790 the ticket obviously has no time but to twiddle their thumbs b/c Patrick Crayton ain't going anywhere-he signed a big extension last year, and we would be taking a CAP HIT if we dump him.

Imagine the arse hit we will keep taking by leaving Crayton as the starting WR?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
BigDave95;2333288 said:
Let me preface this by saying there is NO chance of this deal happening but....

Crayton's contract included a $6M signing bonus and base salaries of:

2008 - $1.5M
2009 - $1.5M
2010 - $2M
2011 - $2.5M

The remainder of his base salary would be pro-rated out of this year's cap and the entire $6M would be accelerated into this year. Cowboys are currently around $7.3M under the cap so it could be done.

Roy would presumably sign a contract extension that would lower his 2008 cap number and there are plenty of other adjustments that could be made to make this work.

Salary cap will not be the reason this doesn't happen. There are 10-15 other reasons it won't happen though.

So wouldn't the accelerated portion be just $4.5M since $1.5M was already counted this year?

VegasMalone

Reaction score
There also is speculation linking Kitna to the Cowboys, along with speculation of a package deal that would send Kitna and receiver Roy Williams to Dallas for tackle Flozell Adams and a first-round pick.

juck

Reaction score
VegasMalone;2334817 said:
There also is speculation linking Kitna to the Cowboys, along with speculation of a package deal that would send Kitna and receiver Roy Williams to Dallas for tackle Flozell Adams and a first-round pick.
I saw this interesting,Kind of a dumb move we dont need Kitna.And to lose Flo wouldnt be good even tho he had a crap game.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score

What do cap hit mean?

LOL

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Kitna is hurt, right?

Honestly, why would we trade for the starting QB of the worst teams in the NFL (even though they could probably beat us at this point).

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

lol

What, where and how does something like that get started.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
theebs;2335032 said:
lol

What, where and how does something like that get started.

You just throw a bunch of names in a hate and pull out two for each team. Bingo, instant trade rumor!

When I do it I get Mike Jenkins and L.P. Ladoucer for Shaun McDonald and a 3rd round pick. Book it!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
masomenos85;2335051 said:
You just throw a bunch of names in a hate and pull out two for each team. Bingo, instant trade rumor!

When I do it I get Mike Jenkins and L.P. Ladoucer for Shaun McDonald and a 3rd round pick. Book it!

:lmao2::lmao:

links18

Reaction score
masomenos85;2335051 said:

Speaking of Ladouceur, anyway to blame this loss on him, so we can all call for him to get canned or traded?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
didnt patrick crayton only get a 6 mil bonus? i dont see where everybody is saying that it would devistate the cap. dont teams get to split the ht over two yrs if traded after june 1st? 3 mil and roy williams? in a heartbeat

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind;2335155 said:
didnt patrick crayton only get a 6 mil bonus? i dont see where everybody is saying that it would devistate the cap. dont teams get to split the ht over two yrs if traded after june 1st? 3 mil and roy williams? in a heartbeat

people might not know the ins and outs of the cap like Adam so until he says trading Crayton will be a devastating cap hit I will not believe it.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2335169 said:
people might not know the ins and outs of the cap like Adam so until he says trading Crayton will be a devastating cap hit I will not believe it.

i dont need adam to tell me 3 mil a yr will not devistate the cap. what i do know is dallas needs another option. teams are challenging the cowboys to get the ball to crayton and austin, but they are unable to get open. they arent reliable options. with or without romo they cant get open, and dont get open in crunch time.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Cowboy_4_Life;2333257 said:
Think about this for a second. T.O. is our most feared receiver. They double him every game. Well, that leaves man to man with some of our other receivers and tight ends.

If T.O. is doubled covered and we still can't get the ball to our other receivers and have to dump the ball down to Marion Barber then that means our receivers are not getting open.

THAT MEANS OUR RECEIVERS CAN'T GET OPEN WITH MAN TO MAN COVERAGE!!

We need another play maker on the other side of T.O. PERIOD!!

Sound logic, and I agree with it for the most part. But, while TO was being doubled, Crayton got loose on a 55-yard TD, Barber on a 70 yarder and Austin for 14. It's not like we don't have other players who can't make a play.

I'm all for getting RW in here because he is definitely a playmaker. But, if it doesn't happen, I'm not worried about whether or not we have anyone else who can make a play.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2335240 said:
Sound logic, and I agree with it for the most part. But, while TO was being doubled, Crayton got loose on a 55-yard TD, Barber on a 70 yarder and Austin for 14. It's not like we don't have other players who can't make a play.

I'm all for getting RW in here because he is definitely a playmaker. But, if it doesn't happen, I'm not worried about whether or not we have anyone else who can make a play.
you guys that talk up the occasional play really worry me. I guess you don't see the plethora of 3 and outs....that put the defense right back on the field after they were just on the field for 11 plays. I guess you forget that we had 3 drives that started on the Arizona side of the field...and GOT ZERO POINTS. Tony has the look of doom and gloom BECAUSE NOBODY IS OPEN!!!! We need to get someone in here that will punish the defense for the junk schemes we are seeing. I mean it is a joke.