Jerry Jones and NFLPA working to change NFL Marijuana policy

waldoputty

Reaction score
The Mets thing is indeed causing bad karma, even for me but what can I do? I lost a bet. Not holding up my end of the bet would cause even worse karma, IMO.

pay homage to the altar of gregory and offer up your sacrifice.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I said the pro marijuana lobbyist had taken over this thread, why are you labeling them my opposition? I have taken no pro or com marijuana stance here. What I have done is make a stance for an employer to make what every policy they wish to make and expect employees to comply. I also commented on federal law trumping state law no matter the topic.

Jerry's motivation for what he is doing is business.

Grandstanding? Really? You perceive what I'm doing is grandstanding? Thank you, you give me far too much credit. Criminal liability is not dependent on a business putting it's head in the sand and ignoring criminal activity.

Cause you have clearly set yourself up as the anti-marijuana lobby. And no one is arguing that the NFL should not enforce the rules as written. The call is to change NFL rules. The NFLPA and at least one owner are working towards that end and many people support the move.

And what difference does that make? Nevermind you have no way of knowing Jerry's motivation; the rhetoric he has used indicates support for marijuana's therapeutic properties. Fact of the matter is that "business" is likely high on the list of NFL owners in general. If 17 of them decide they want it then it happens.

And yes, grandstanding. Your initial ploy was to paint people that did not agree with you as criminals or at least as aiding criminals but then you were shut down quickly. You're still trying to talk around it.

The NFL will incur no criminal liability if they change the rule. You can play the blame game and doomsay in your own head it fi makes you feel better.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
That is the only way it will come about is via bargaining. In their minds, the ownership has to take the public criticism. Or what they believe will be the negative backlash.

I understand that but what do they want in return for altering the policy? Perhaps I'm oversimplifying or being naively simplistic but "we'll let you smoke pot if you give us this in return" seems so stupid and juvenile.

Tristan

Reaction score
Wouldnt be suprised if Jerry knows many Dallas Cowboys just like regular people, have in the past and currently enjoy marijuana regularly (see sam hurd) and doesnt want any of this bs to mess with his sb team building! hard enough to figure it out without losing key players for no good reason.knees and backs are one thing.

Zeke was licking his lips looking at that weed in the shop in Seattle like it was filet mignon