Jerry Jones and NFLPA working to change NFL Marijuana policy

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Whats hilarious is you can quote his same study...
It ends pointing out that the study is basically trashed....

Several meta-analyses of multiple studies found that the risk of being involved in a crash significantly increased after marijuana use13—in a few cases, the risk doubled or more than doubled.14–16 However, a large case-control study conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found no significant increased crash risk attributable to cannabis after controlling for drivers’ age, gender, race, and presence of alcohol.17

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Whats hilarious is you can quote his same study...
It ends pointing out that the study is basically trashed....

Several meta-analyses of multiple studies found that the risk of being involved in a crash significantly increased after marijuana use13—in a few cases, the risk doubled or more than doubled.14–16 However, a large case-control study conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found no significant increased crash risk attributable to cannabis after controlling for drivers’ age, gender, race, and presence of alcohol.17

Wow. So he cut it off from information that destroyed his position. He should change his name to NIDA.

That is what I get for expecting people to be intellectually honest I guess.

Tristan

Reaction score
I usually support our local delivery service, and they take real good care of me. If I'm out and about I found a great one just about 8 miles south of Valencia. They've got some hot bud tenders working there and 420 was epic at their location.

I switched from the pills to pot a few years ago, and it was the best decision I made for my back. My insides were getting torn up from the pills, shots and other crap the docs kept loading me up with. One day I said to my doc, you know I feel stupid on these pills and I hate how they make me feel, and he asked me what do you want to do? I said kick them cold turkey and smoke. He said he's an advocate and he supported me.

I recently discovered this company called Turtle Wax when I was at a Cannibis Farmers market back in Feb down in San Diego at an old church and that stuff was amazing!

I will def reach out if/when I head that way! Tahoe is beautiful, but I don't like the elevation for my boat, so I'm usually at my vacation home in AZ on the river. I will say it sucks when I'm there as it's not legal, so I always have to be discreet.
I was on time release morphine a few years before that pic above, extracts and educating nyself in the right stuff saved my life! Bubba kush is all i need now to knock the pain away and get me going, and I do genetics to help others

"Dont Panic, it's Organic!"

Smashin222

Reaction score
the biggest issue with allowing pot is their market.
i can see nba market being much more tolerant with pot than nfl.
question is what does mlb do?

the other problem is that changing a policy would attract attention.
they dont want to rile up portions of the fanbase that would disapprove, but i suspect they would not lose fans because of it.

MLB: Players are not tested for marijuana unless there is reasonable cause to suspect they are using it. Basically a don't-ask-don't-tell policy.

Notably the NHL doesn't test for it. They do test 1/3 of players for street drugs. Players who test positive for marijuana are not disciplined, although they could be referred to a substance-abuse program.

NBA + MLB + NHL pretty much covers a representative sample of football fans. There's no basis for this policy, financial or otherwise.

Smashin222

Reaction score
Is the role of my employer law enforcement? Is the role of most of them? Yet they have drug policies in place. We can be tested and if we test positive, we can be fired. I don't see anything different here.

If you take part in a legal activity, then your employer has the right to take action on that activity. Right now, smoking marijuana is an illegal activity on the federal level. The NFL is not law enforcement because it cannot put you in jail for that activity, but it can punish you as your boss, and I agree that it should as long as it is illegal.

Vast majority of workplaces do not test for drugs. Those that do typically don't test for pot. The vast majority of jobs that do test do so for reasons related to job performance or federal law (like federal employees/military). None of those reasons apply here. The NFL has a choice to make, and I have seen 0 arguments related to why the choice to test is net beneficial for the league. I actually don't understand why fans approve of this policy. Who cares if it is federally illegal? What impact does it have on your life? Why have so many conservatives forgotten principles about government interference with what we put in our bodies?

Tristan

Reaction score
I wish i new how to posts gifs n pics, id put that family guy cut away where theyre dragging cookie monster down taking his cookies and he's screaming "you guys are freakin *****!" Lol

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I wish i new how to posts gifs n pics, id put that family guy cut away where theyre dragging cookie monster down taking his cookies and he's screaming "you guys are freakin *****!" Lol
EB4cTg.gif

Alexander

Reaction score
Players should give something up if they want to change League Marijuana policy? I don't get how quid pro quo should factor into this.
That is the only way it will come about is via bargaining. In their minds, the ownership has to take the public criticism. Or what they believe will be the negative backlash.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
That is the only way it will come about is via bargaining. In their minds, the ownership has to take the public criticism. Or what they believe will be the negative backlash.
Which begs the question: why would anyone be upset that soMebody does something 100% harmless that they enjoy? Why does joe fan have a say in the personal life of the athlete? Why aren't we asking why Randy Gregory chooses marijuana over millions of dollars and employ? Is he just an ******* or does it do something for him that he likes and chooses for himself. (America?)

Alexander

Reaction score
Which begs the question: why would anyone be upset that soMebody does something 100% harmless that they enjoy? Why does joe fan have a say in the personal life of the athlete? Why aren't we asking why Randy Gregory chooses marijuana over millions of dollars and employ? Is he just an ******* or does it do something for him that he likes and chooses for himself. (America?)
Because if football players are allowed to do it, then millions of little kids will think it is okay. Then they will start doing it, then they will do the heroin. Then all is lost.

It is pretty terrifying if you ask me. I guess I better take a drink to calm my nerves. At least nothing bad happens if I do that.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Because if football players are allowed to do it, then millions of little kids will think it is okay. Then they will start doing it, then they will do the heroin. Then all is lost.

It is pretty terrifying if you ask me. I guess I better take a drink to calm my nerves. At least nothing bad happens if I do that.
True. And honestly it you harken back to the cba negotians a lot of fans said verbatim "if they dont want to make millions playing a game their only option is to work at mcdonalds. " and I think it honestly upsets a lot of fans that a young athlete could be getting paid to play a game and troll Instagram for love making sessions and also smoke weed with impunity. Literally pure jealously and restriction of free will.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If the federal government is unable to stand the course on punishments for casual use...then how can the NFL, and hold it's head up?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

It's bad enough that you act like you can speak for the owners but it's that much worse that you act like they all think with the same brain. I'm sure that some like Richardson may take that tactic but that is not certain nor is it a universal sentiment.

That was a large point the OP is making: one of if not the most powerful owner in the league is publicly lobbying for it.

This past election cycle where marijuana swept every ballot it was on is what they call writing on the wall when it comes to public opinion.

Alexander

Reaction score
It's bad enough that you act like you can speak for the owners but it's that much worse that you act like they all think with the same brain. I'm sure that some like Richardson may take that tactic but that is not certain nor is it a universal sentiment.
There is still a strong enough old guard that could block something like this.

Old money owners are not equipped or inclined to deal with something like this. In addition to Richardson, the Rooneys, Hunt, McCaskey, Mara/Tisch, Bidwell, Brown, Benson and Martha Ford fall in that group.

I know it is nice to pretend that Jerry Jones really controls the rest of the owners like puppets, but this is a substantial policy change with significant PR impact to your average owner to take on. Until it becomes even more mainstream than it is now, like another collection of states passing relaxed laws, it is highly unlikely for the NFL to get comfortable with it. Things move slowly in the NFL and something this socially significant is not something that Jones can negotiate all by himself.

If you doubt that, all you have to see how players like Eugene Monroe were effectively blackballed once they started speaking out about it. The vast majority of people still subscribe to the idea that it is dangerous, despite your impression that it is sweeping the nation.