Twitter: Jerry Jones at Cowboys practice

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every time he involves himself on this level, with the players, it has the opposite of his intended effect.

I try not to bash Jerry, being he's an elderly man. But he apparently doesn't learn.
He has been doing the same thing since 1989. Age should not be the reason to stop from bashing him doing something unnecessary.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
hes barely been used. Id like to see him with the full compliment of lineman before we judge. Deuce needs touches.
He’s barely been used because he can’t block and when he has gotten opportunities, he’s done nothing. He’s had 20 carries and is averaging only 2.0 a carry. It’s obvious the team doesn’t believe in him. When Rico Dowdle got injured he wasn’t even mentioned to replace him. The only name that kept coming up was Malik Davis who was on the practice squad. Even Stephen during his radio interview was asked who would replace Dowdle if he couldn’t go and he mentioned Malik Davis. Vaughn won’t be on the team next season is going to have a difficult time making an NFL roster.

RS12

Reaction score
80 plus year old owners should be neither seen nor heard. Particularly at practice. HC should be authority. Not another "look st me" clown show on the side line.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Will Coach Jones make an appearance this week?

sean-martin_dallas-cowboys_jerry-jones-delivers-vote-of-confidence-in-real-deal-jason-garrett.jpg

Caption This...Time To Sell This Team...NOT.....
F8QaYwWWQAA6_wY

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
"...and that's the play Coach Broyles ran when Jimmy and me were on the Arkansas national championship team. It worked then. It will work now. Am I right? Sure I am right. Did I tell you Jimmy and me played on the Arkansas national championship team? That was when football was football. We were tough back then. None of this PUP and IR crap. We suited up and banged heads with cracked ribs and torn calf muscles. These guys are soft. I would toughen them up but I am only the general manager, right? And did I tell you Jimmy and me won a national championship when we were at..."
This is slightly off-topic, but it reminds me of it. If you’ve never seen this, it’s on ESPN Plus as a streamer. It’s an SEC production, not a 30 For 30 Production. I just saw it recently. Great documentary. All about the Arkansas championship team and Jimmy Johnson & Jerry as players. Along with Barry Switzer as assistant coach.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is slightly off-topic, but it reminds me of it. If you’ve never seen this, it’s on ESPN Plus as a streamer. It’s an SEC production, not a 30 For 30 Production. I just saw it recently. Great documentary. All about the Arkansas championship team and Jimmy Johnson & Jerry as players. Along with Barry Switzer as assistant coach.

Thanks for posting. I may give it a watch later after work.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He’s barely been used because he can’t block and when he has gotten opportunities, he’s done nothing. He’s had 20 carries and is averaging only 2.0 a carry. It’s obvious the team doesn’t believe in him. When Rico Dowdle got injured he wasn’t even mentioned to replace him. The only name that kept coming up was Malik Davis who was on the practice squad. Even Stephen during his radio interview was asked who would replace Dowdle if he couldn’t go and he mentioned Malik Davis. Vaughn won’t be on the team next season is going to have a difficult time making an NFL roster.
hes not getting cut.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Meh. I wouldn’t care if Jerry was watching the guys in the shower (though that would be really weird). It’s what he does outside of making the rounds dealing with football activities that leave much to be desired.

Motorola

Reaction score

Kudos for the link - will view it tomorrow.