Jerry Jones: Cowboys will not attend Kaepernick workout

uvaballa

Reaction score
I would assume any physical activity done under the NFL's umbrella would require a liability waiver. They all sign them for the combine, why would this be any different?
There was an injury waiver and another clause about not being able to come after the m for collusion anymore. Should have said that up front instead of scheduling something without the guy even knowing about it.

Retro88

Reaction score
A profile picture has nothing to do with the validity of my statement......true but you should change it , it is hard to take anyone seriously who has the default rowdy avatar.
.it costs you nothing to do so..........but it does , they would have to pay to send someone, plane ticket, hotel etc. Jerry and even more so stephen are tight with that money.

And if they have no interest in signing him there is no point in doing that

It's not even a point worth arguing. The mentality of not sending someone to look at a player bc "we like our guys" is utterly ridiculous. Stop acting like they dont send someone to scout a random player they're not gonna draft every year either. That little bit of money dont mean anything and you know that, lol.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They wanted him to sign a waiver so he couldn't fake a sprained ego during the workout then sue the NFL for long term disability.

The NFL should just create a new position for him called "Roving QB". Every week, Goodell would spin a wheel (on national TV of course) to determine which franchise has to take him for that week.

RoboQB

Reaction score
There was an injury waiver and another clause about not being able to come after the m for collusion anymore. Should have said that up front instead of scheduling something without the guy even knowing about it.

It was a standard waiver that was sent on Tuesday.
There was no "other clause". The waiver IS the clause.
A copy of the waiver has been posted on twitter.
He waited until three hours before the scheduled workout to
change the venue.

If he really wanted to play, he would've shown up where the NFL arranged
for him to be, along with reps from 25 teams, workout players, coaches, NFL film crew, etc.

Really, anyone defending this guy looks ignorant, at best, and exposes their agenda, at worst.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It's not even a point worth arguing. The mentality of not sending someone to look at a player bc "we like our guys" is utterly ridiculous. Stop acting like they dont send someone to scout a random player they're not gonna draft every year either. That little bit of money dont mean anything and you know that, lol.

He wants to be considered a starter.
Prescott just threw for 841 yards in the last two games.
We have our starter in place, and on pace to be a $40 million man.

Your buddy has turned down offers from two teams already.
He's made it clear that he wants too much money.
Many feel that he doesn't want to play at all.

It would be "utterly ridiculous" to waste time and money on
sending anyone to see Colin the Clown at his circus act.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry said as little as possible b/c he doesn't owe anyone a more detailed explanation.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It was bit weird how the Kap camp switched the location of the event at the very last minute...making it impossible for some planning to attend to do so.

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know why the location shifted?

CPanther95

Reaction score

If I hold a workout, should they send someone to see me? How about the hundreds of young QBs with unknown potential that went undrafted over the past few years - or dropped from other rosters - should they send someone to see each of them?

What about long snappers, LBs, Centers? Everyone?

Of course not. And with the benefit of hindsight, even if they had briefly considered sending someone to see Kap, I guarantee they're glad they didn't now. He ended up yanking their chains just to see if he could get some NFLers to jump through hoops just for his own amusement.

Can't believe a single team representative fell for it.

RoboQB

Reaction score

uvaballa

Reaction score
This is an article loosely comparing differences between a waiver written by
Colin the Clown's legal team and the NFL's standard waiver.

The article suggests that the NFL should write a specific waiver only for this guy.
Because SI has become a rag magazine and they think he's special.

All this does is support my previous post. Thanks.
There no trust is what it’s saying on both sides. Should have sent it ahead of time if they were serious. All these terrible QBs in the league it’s clear they colluded. You’d have to be brain dead not to see that.

CPanther95

Reaction score
There no trust is what it’s saying on both sides. Should have sent it ahead of time if they were serious. All these terrible QBs in the league it’s clear they colluded. You’d have to be brain dead not to see that.

It's not clear at all that there was collusion.

Just like it's not clear that there's collusion because not a single team has signed AB - and he wasn't benched the last time he played. It's often possible - probably more times than not - that the things that make a player unattractive to one team make him unattractive to the other 31 also.

The selfish "it's all about me" attitude he showed at this recent "workout" and the way he went out of his way to be difficult to deal with isn't the kind of presence any team is going to want to deal with in their locker room. Not in a team sport. The fact that all 32 teams feel that way isn't surprising at all. No collusion necessary. In fact, it would be surprising if any team thought that he would make their team better - regardless if on paper he would appear to be an upgrade to their current backup QB.

You may never get to take advantage of the upside of having a slightly better backup QB, but you'd have to contend with the downside of his attitude 24/7 whether he ends up playing or not. That's an extremely poor risk/reward proposition.

{{{Just to be clear, I'm not talking about any of the issues we were warned about on the forum. I'm just talking about how he's handled his interactions with the NFL - in particular, this past weekend}}}

Last edited:

RoboQB

Reaction score

Trust?
This is a business.
We are talking about an evaluation for a job.
Not some charity case.

The NFL sent a contract on Tuesday.
Colin's clowns didn't reject it until Saturday.
Are you saying 4 days isn't long enough to review a
standard contract? Or, are you saying it took them 4
days to write a revised contract?

You can only pick one.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not clear at all that there was collusion.

Just like it's not clear that there's collusion because not a single team has signed AB - and he wasn't benched the last time he played. It's often possible - probably more times than not - that the things that make a player unattractive to one team make him unattractive to the other 31 also.

The selfish "it's all about me" attitude he showed at this recent "workout" and the way he went out of his way to be difficult to deal with isn't the kind of presence any team is going to want to deal with in their locker room. Not in a team sport. The fact that all 32 teams feel that way isn't surprising at all. No collusion necessary. In fact, it would be surprising if any team thought that he would make their team better - regardless if on paper he would appear to be an upgrade to their current backup QB.

You may never get to take advantage of the upside of having a slightly better backup QB, but you'd have to contend with the downside of his attitude 24/7 whether he ends up playing or not. That's an extremely poor risk/reward proposition.

{{{Just to be clear, I'm not talking about any of the issues we were warned about on the forum. I'm just talking about how he's handled his interactions with the NFL - in particular, this past weekend}}}

In July, I sent out notices to all 32 teams that I was holding a workout at my daughters high school. Not one single team responded or even showed up! Do I have a collusion case?

uvaballa

Reaction score
Trust?
This is a business.
We are talking about an evaluation for a job.
Not some charity case.

The NFL sent a contract on Tuesday.
Colin's clowns didn't reject it until Saturday.
Are you saying 4 days isn't long enough to review a
standard contract? Or, are you saying it took them 4
days to write a revised contract?

You can only pick one.
They didn't send the waiver dude. Get your facts straight. The NFL tried to pull a wool over folks eyes and it didn't work. People at the workout admitted there were more clauses in the waiver than a normal one. What were they trying to protect themselves from? They already settled their collusion case because they were guilty.

RoboQB

Reaction score
They didn't send the waiver dude. Get your facts straight. The NFL tried to pull a wool over folks eyes and it didn't work. People at the workout admitted there were more clauses in the waiver than a normal one. What were they trying to protect themselves from? They already settled their collusion case because they were guilty.

I stand corrected on the timing.

However, it doesn't change the fact that, if he really just wanted to play, he would've
already been on a team. Also, if he wanted to play, he wouldn't be calling out his
future employer. I hate to agree with Stephen A. Smith, but he's right. This dude just
wants to be a martyr.