Jerry Jones: Cowboys will not attend Kaepernick workout

zerofill

Reaction score
Always felt he was a 1 read QB, and would always be a liability. I never understood why he took Smith's place anyway. It wasn't like he took over in a losing situation.
There was nothing overly amazing about him as a player. So I still don't understand why everyone thinks he was the next Joe Montana lol.

He wasn't that good...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Honestly. Jerry does this stuff for the free PR it gets the team. Leak that we’re going, then make a point that we won’t at the last minute and watch the coverage it gets.

Leak that the Cowboys will be there.

Watch fans lose their minds on social media.

Announce that the Cowboys won't be there.

I'm not sure which is funnier: Jerry doing that or the fans losing their minds on social media.

This team is now about everything but winning, yet some wonder why the Cowboys don't win anything anymore.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh yeah for sure. One’s back is tore up and the other is having teams in the NFL collude to keep him out of it. This is all a charade and joke lol. It’s as big of a joke as the Rooney rule. Jeff Driskel is starting for the Lions and I’m suppose to believe Kap isn’t good enough to be a backup? Hahahahaha...this is all a joke lol.
Driskell didn't PO the majority of fans. Two teams tried to sign him, but he went out of his way to offend them.

And look at this from the business perspective. If a team signs Kap, they will lose revenue. Collusion? Sure.

Johnny23

Reaction score
This 100%. It's not shocking Jerry isn't even giving him a look. It's just sad that you would hope Jerry would be a better person.
Why? Jerry's on brand with being Texas' superstar team and standing with the boys in blue. As well as with the owners to make up for trying to pull rank and sue the league.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Driskell didn't PO the majority of fans. Two teams tried to sign him, but he went out of his way to offend them.

And look at this from the business perspective. If a team signs Kap, they will lose revenue. Collusion? Sure.
Teams have signed murderers, domestic abusers and rapists.....the day a nfl team loses revenue is the day hell freezes over. Do not let these guys fool you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All the way to the 31st ranked O in the NFL. 29th in 3rd down percentage. Kap was terrible.
Anyone would be terrible throwing it to the worst receivers in the league and the worst running game. He was the only right spot. Look you are talking to deaf ears. There is nothing you can do to tell me Cooper Rush is a better quarterback than Kaepernick. Nothing. Don’t even waste your breathe.

rags747

Reaction score
What do you determine to be all that? He took some bad Falcons teams to the playoffs.
Was he a good QB, do you want him running your teams offense. Was he exciting sure, was he explosive, sure, phenomenal athlete no doubt, but a good QB...maybe just barely. I take Dak over Vick too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Was he a good QB, do you want him running your teams offense. Was he exciting sure, was he explosive, sure, phenomenal athlete no doubt, but a good QB...maybe just barely. I take Dak over Vick too.
Tough to gauge him when his best receiver was tight end Alge Crumpler. But yeah back then he could run my team.

RoboQB

Reaction score
This 100%. It's not shocking Jerry isn't even giving him a look. It's just sad that you would hope Jerry would be a better person.

Kaperdick has had offers and turned them down.
Baltimore offered him a 900k contract and his girl called Ray Lewis
an uncle Tom on twitter. Lewis was trying to help both parties close
the deal.

More recently, Denver offered him a contract and he turned it down.

It is clear that he's expecting to be paid an amount that doesn't justify his
situation.

Better person? Since when does a Cowboys fan want a charity case on the team.
How does this make Jones less of a person? The thing is, it doesn't.

sacase

Reaction score
But let this settle in. Matt Schaub and Mason Rudolph have jobs in this league.......in his last stint in the NFL he threw 16 tds and 4 picks for the worst team in the league in 11 games.

They don't bring huge distractions to the team. Antonio Bryant aint' got a job either.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Stupid....There's absolutely no reason not to send someone.
And Rowdys speaks !! lol
Jerry would never sign him because of the anthem issue, so why send someone?
Also Kap would only be a bkup here and a expensive one, he cant be signed for minimum as a 5-6 year vet he would cost more than a younger qb by cba rules.