Resign Hankins, Armstrong, Lewis

Buy in from Parsons to play rush LB not DE

FA
DT Wilkins or Reader
MLB Luvu or Wagner

Draft
Rd 4: LB

Both offense and defense can be done if this idiot FO has a real plan
Cowboys have no pick this upcoming draft in round 4...GM Jones traded it to the Forty-niners just after preseason 2023 ended for Trey Lance.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
Jerry Jones with another round peg in a square hole pearl of wisdom. I feel so inspired knowing that by Dak's 15th year the Cowboys will be on the cusp of winning a WC game. Remember, it's a process folks.

visionary

Reaction score
Go back 'Visonary' and review.
Late August 2023 -- Cowboys GM Jerry Jones sent the Forty-niners their 4TH ROUND 2024 DRAFT PICK to acquire Trey Lance.
Yep, im saying pick LB in rd 5 (comp pick)

Chasing6

Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...y-jones-dak-prescott-has-room-for-improvement

“The big thing is, we all know there is room for improvement,” Jones said. “The thing that I would emphasize more than anything is that Dak has room for improvement. And not just the scheme around him, but Dak can improve. That’s a big plus, when you’ve been playing the game seven years and you, by assessment, have some room to get better in. He did this year, I expect him to do it next year and the next year.”
Who doesn't???

Chasing6

Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...y-jones-dak-prescott-has-room-for-improvement

“The big thing is, we all know there is room for improvement,” Jones said. “The thing that I would emphasize more than anything is that Dak has room for improvement. And not just the scheme around him, but Dak can improve. That’s a big plus, when you’ve been playing the game seven years and you, by assessment, have some room to get better in. He did this year, I expect him to do it next year and the next year.”
Good thing Jeruh is perfect.

khiladi

Reaction score
One more touchdown is an improvement. That is not what's needed. Dak needs a team around him that minimizes his overall contribution. Yes, he is the QB, but a better roster keeps him from trying too much.

Give him McCaffrey and Deebo, in the backfield; CeeDee, Hill and Brown, as receivers; Kelce, at tightend; Detroit's offensive line; Baltimore's defensive line and safeties; San Francisco's linebackers, Dallas defensive backs and kickers; he will win a championship.
At that point, just go with Cooper Rush

Dorsett33

Reaction score

I agree. But this goes for every one in the organization....including Jerry. And I'm sure he'd say that. Lol...smh

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Every QB has room for improvement..........not sure how many remember Romo would tell us every year that he tweaked a little part of his game as he would put it. Interestingly he would never tell us how or what, only we would see when the season starts. So this is nothing new but IMO Jerry sending a message to Dak and Todd France ........he ain't as good as he thinks he is.

Know this .......Jerry's is not just speaking Jerry. He is speaking for McCarthy and everyone else in the organization.

Sidenote.......complete speculation on my part but IMO something happened with Dak and his teammates the week of preparation before the Packers game. Maybe he didn't prepare as hard as some thought he should but again I don't know but what I do know is HE WAS NOT PREPARED to play the Green Bay game from the go, as in the first play. He and the offense were out of sync from play one, they had no clue. It was obvious they took the Packer light and/or spent the week reading their clippings. Of course, then D wasn't much better but this is about Dak his "improvement".

This is the comment from CeeDee's mom (after the Packer game)......clearly questioning Dak's work ethic and CeeDee was so ticked off after the first series In the Packer game, that McCarthy had to calm him down. We can call her crazy, drama queen or whatever but she has an ear directly inside that locker room ( her son, other teammates, their wives/girlfriends or parents )

"They need to get rid of his a**!" Ramirez wrote before accusing Prescott of not wanting a ring, saying that other Cowboys players work hard for a ring and that her son "deserves better."

Bottom line ........when you compartmentalize his last game, Jerry's comment, attacks from teammates' relatives, and his upcoming extension, it makes you wonder if, behind closed doors, he is losing the locker room a bit.
I don't wonder at all. He's clearly losing the locker room

What's surprising to me is how it took so long. His leadership cred has been vastly over hyped for years

He's a marginal QB and a fraud. I'm just glad the other guys in the locker room are losing the fear to acknowledge the obvious. I just hope Jerry realizes it before he hamstrings the franchise for another 6-8 years with a bloated contract

visionary

Reaction score
So we have to hedge our hopes on a 5th round rookie LB to get us over the hump while our 9 year QB gets a record breaking deal in the same off-season to just be there?
Might have been a good idea to actually read my plan. I said

FA: sign Wagner and Luvu
Convince Parsons to play more LB
Clark and Overshown are here

Add those to the rd 5 pick and we dont have to “hedge our hopes to a 5th rd pick”

Add in Reader at DT as I suggested and we can have a good run defense

BoysForLife

Reaction score
said the same thing last year and he very clearly improved.
Did he?

I think you could make a compelling argument that they dumbed down the scheme enough to make it comfortable for him to flourish against low to mediocre competition.

But against the toughest 5-6 teams we played this year, for the most part Dak looked just as lost and ineffectual as he did for most/all of 2022.

Did he improve or did McCarthy do just enough scheme wise to hide his warts against bad teams? I submit that it was more of the former than the latter. JMHO

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yeah but he's a great leader. It's obvious that all of his teammates love this guy and would follow him through the gates of hell. Just look at the outpouring of support coming from his teammates and coaches over the last couple weeks...

I'm so elated to finally see this charade being exposed.

You're spot on here. The other key players in the locker room are gradually losing their fear of speaking up. Once that happens real progress can be made.

Jerry can cut, fire or trade a player or coach or two as in the past sacrifices that have been made on daks altar, but if they all make it known collectively even Jerry can't ignore that. You have nailed it. The silence is deafening

BoysForLife

Reaction score
This tells me all I need to know

Dak is soft as charmin. He is not respected. He is only respected insofar other players will say in order to not jeopardize their own chances to attain a large contract of their own, but deep inside they know Dak is average at best.

:hammer:

Beaker42

Reaction score

Dak - you have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.

kskboys

Reaction score
But it could’ve happened if they didn’t draft for backups and special teams. Over the course of Daks 8 years there’s been plenty of chances to solidify those areas. No doubt, I think the QBs contract is ridiculous, but the front office decisions on top of that make it even more backbreaking!
And take unneeded TE's in the 2nd.