Jerry Jones: Dak Prescott has room for improvement

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One more touchdown is an improvement. That is not what's needed. Dak needs a team around him that minimizes his overall contribution. Yes, he is the QB, but a better roster keeps him from trying too much.

Give him McCaffrey and Deebo, in the backfield; CeeDee, Hill and Brown, as receivers; Kelce, at tightend; Detroit's offensive line; Baltimore's defensive line and safeties; San Francisco's linebackers, Dallas defensive backs and kickers; he will win a championship.
:laugh: SO give him an All Hall Of Fame team?

DillusionalFans

Reaction score
One more touchdown is an improvement. That is not what's needed. Dak needs a team around him that minimizes his overall contribution. Yes, he is the QB, but a better roster keeps him from trying too much.

Give him McCaffrey and Deebo, in the backfield; CeeDee, Hill and Brown, as receivers; Kelce, at tightend; Detroit's offensive line; Baltimore's defensive line and safeties; San Francisco's linebackers, Dallas defensive backs and kickers; he will win a championship.
Fully agree. If Dak needs a superior OL and run game, more explosive recievers, a top 5 defense, and to always play with a lead, then he is not an elite QB but yet JJ is paying him like he is elite.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep, he needs better dresses if he's going to wear lady purses.
dak-in-a-dress.jpg

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Jerry donning his caped crusader outfit so he can save the day as Captain Obvious

khiladi

Reaction score
i would have some respect for jerry if he woulda come out and said...

Dak has to be better, he needs to figure out a way to play better in big spots; if we're going to pay him 50 million a year he needs to perform like it.
Stephen did it for Cooper.. can’t remember though if it was right after they released him. But when they do let Dak go, they better come out and say it like you did..

Creeper

Reaction score
Jerry has room for improvement after 28 years. And I admit he has gotten better in the last few years. Certainly Cowboys drafting has improved.

And I agree with Jerry. Dak did improve this year. I didn't see his mechanics fall apart at the end of the year this year.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Jerry Jones: Dak Prescott has room for improvement. sounds like that is a dig at dak and the bs extension. He will cave and you guys will have you guys back. I hope they can find enough kick-stans to hold him up.
another bad decision after another one, you made the mess now lay down with it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, he does. And his improvement means getting a top D w/ real LB's and a nasty disruptive UT. Which won't happen if he's hogging 50+ mill of the salary cap.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yes, he does. And his improvement means getting a top D w/ real LB's and a nasty disruptive UT. Which won't happen if he's hogging 50+ mill of the salary cap.
But it could’ve happened if they didn’t draft for backups and special teams. Over the course of Daks 8 years there’s been plenty of chances to solidify those areas. No doubt, I think the QBs contract is ridiculous, but the front office decisions on top of that make it even more backbreaking!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need specifics.....like what is Jerry seeing that he thinks Dak can improve?
Answer: 'It' is whatever he did not see when he gave 100% support for Prescott in 2016. 'It' will not be enough to make him remove his support. Changing his mind will take another quarterback falling into his lap, like Prescott and Romo, who he will then see has 'it' too.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Year 8 is when the real improvement happens. Dak still has those rookie things he has to work out. :thumbup:
Yep, he's been playing possum all these years just setting up all the D-coordinators in the league. Next year is the year where it all comes together.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get ready for a "Dak Friendly Offense" next season!

I think the Cowboys should start using a Nerf Football in practice.
Well, the company's slogan was 'It's Nerf Or Nothing!' so it would make sense.