Jerry Jones: Dak Prescott has room for improvement

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If I am Jerry and I want to go for Broke. I do 2 things.

1. Bring in Bill Belichick and Vrabel as DC on a 3 year deal. Get BB now while he is a mere 72 (don't wait). Bill is pissed right now and wants to prove something to everyone. Let him.​
2. As BB I would implore Jones to draft a few QB's - let the QB camp begin and if Prescott wins so be it.​
As for how you get rid of MM just make it appear as a mutual understanding - with a closed door payoff. But that's only if you truly want to change the culture and win a few Superbowls. Not sure if Jerry is ready for that.​
jerry is too cheap to do that, coaches pay comes from his wallet,(not the cap $) and even though he has billions, he doesnt want to pay mike for doing nothing.
He also doesnt want to pay BB 20 mil, and vrabel would not be cheap either. so all that would cost him about 34 million of his money for 1 year,( for 3 year deal would be around 100 mil as opposed to 18 mil for mike or some other cheap coach.)
or he can pay mike 6 mil , which did he choose?............ mike at 6 mil lol

jane slater said as much in one of her last shows. That jerry just didnt want to pay bills price.

We see jerry and his boy being cheap all the time , and they are more interested in making their pile of gold bigger than winning a SB.
Thing is they are so cheap, they will never spend all those billions, so what good does it do them? no good at all.
They have the greed disease and they just want to stack money they never will spend lol.
Guys like jerry actually hurt the economy, they suck in tons of money then spend very little of it. Similar to the lottery which sucks cash and gives back
very little and only to 1 person here and there.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...y-jones-dak-prescott-has-room-for-improvement

“The big thing is, we all know there is room for improvement,” Jones said. “The thing that I would emphasize more than anything is that Dak has room for improvement. And not just the scheme around him, but Dak can improve. That’s a big plus, when you’ve been playing the game seven years and you, by assessment, have some room to get better in. He did this year, I expect him to do it next year and the next year.”
oh really jerry. did you just come to that conclusion all by yourself?

btw, Jerry, the big thing is, we all know there is room for improvement for the GM...but hey, here we are.

zeke21

Reaction score
Simple.. get Dak to sign a 'prove it' deal.

15M base salary.. with 20M bonus payable for every playoff win.

If he is going to improve then he gets his money. If not.. so be it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s been almost a decade, there is no improving. But, by all means, extend him for 200 million more :facepalm:
He had a career year but the problem for him and the team has been in the playoffs. It was the same problem when Romo was here. If the defense continues crapping the bed in the playoffs, games will continue to fall on the shoulders of our QBs. It’s not going to matter who the QB is if we can’t stop anyone. Dak had the best playoff game of his career against Tom Brady in 2022, mainly because our defense held up in that game and was outstanding against the run. He wasn’t forced to carry the team and press.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...y-jones-dak-prescott-has-room-for-improvement

“The big thing is, we all know there is room for improvement,” Jones said. “The thing that I would emphasize more than anything is that Dak has room for improvement. And not just the scheme around him, but Dak can improve. That’s a big plus, when you’ve been playing the game seven years and you, by assessment, have some room to get better in. He did this year, I expect him to do it next year and the next year.”
This is what he means by being “ All In”. He’s talking about the next few years with Dak.

Get ready Cowboy fans . Big contract is coming. Lol

Mikexike

Reaction score

More like he is gonna get paid to improve more body tattoos.....

Aftershock

Reaction score
Every QB has room for improvement..........not sure how many remember Romo would tell us every year that he tweaked a little part of his game as he would put it. Interestingly he would never tell us how or what, only we would see when the season starts. So this is nothing new but IMO Jerry sending a message to Dak and Todd France ........he ain't as good as he thinks he is.

Know this .......Jerry's is not just speaking Jerry. He is speaking for McCarthy and everyone else in the organization.

Sidenote.......complete speculation on my part but IMO something happened with Dak and his teammates the week of preparation before the Packers game. Maybe he didn't prepare as hard as some thought he should but again I don't know but what I do know is HE WAS NOT PREPARED to play the Green Bay game from the go, as in the first play. He and the offense were out of sync from play one, they had no clue. It was obvious they took the Packer light and/or spent the week reading their clippings. Of course, then D wasn't much better but this is about Dak his "improvement".

This is the comment from CeeDee's mom (after the Packer game)......clearly questioning Dak's work ethic and CeeDee was so ticked off after the first series In the Packer game, that McCarthy had to calm him down. We can call her crazy, drama queen or whatever but she has an ear directly inside that locker room ( her son, other teammates, their wives/girlfriends or parents )

"They need to get rid of his a**!" Ramirez wrote before accusing Prescott of not wanting a ring, saying that other Cowboys players work hard for a ring and that her son "deserves better."

Bottom line ........when you compartmentalize his last game, Jerry's comment, attacks from teammates' relatives, and his upcoming extension, it makes you wonder if, behind closed doors, he is losing the locker room a bit.
This tells me all I need to know

Dak is soft as charmin. He is not respected. He is only respected insofar other players will say in order to not jeopardize their own chances to attain a large contract of their own, but deep inside they know Dak is average at best.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, and his big improvement would be taking a contract for 30 mil/season.

NotForLong

Reaction score

I am out

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Yall want proof that Dak isn't getting traded...here you go.

You don't say these things publicly about ur QB if you intend to trade him. You say these things when you intend to re-sign him, as an initial negotiation ploy.

He isn't going ANYWHERE

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
What Jerry and Dak homers don't get is that the things Dak needs to improve on can't be coached or taught. Coming up big in big games you either have that gene or you don't, Dak doesn't have it.
Even worse, you SHOULD be able to teach a guy when and how you should throw a ball away, and he hasn't learned that in 8 years. And this dude is about to become a Cowboy for life.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
This tells me all I need to know

Dak is soft as charmin. He is not respected. He is only respected insofar other players will say in order to not jeopardize their own chances to attain a large contract of their own, but deep inside they know Dak is average at best.

wow, that brings back bad memories of Panama for him.