Jerry Jones: Dak stats are “garbage time” [Personal Opinion Included]

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
But he’s brutally honest
He's definitely unfiltered.

Being "brutally onset" would indicate some ability or skill to properly assess something. I think he has people he listens to, he "trusts" and is overly reliant on them.

He literally just said they won't be considering a QB in top 5 and now insults the QB who they would seemingly want to resign.

I like how all the other 31 GM's are telling us their off-season personnel strategy right now just like Jerry.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Jerry just spoke on 105 the fan and basically stated that offense struggled even when Dak was starting and they only moved the ball more because teams defense allowed them to.

This owner will die without another ring. Dak & Will McClay to Atlanta is 99% guaranteed.

Fingers crossed

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
And does Zeke too for failing to show up vs winning teams? Run game is just as important.
Zeke, who I'm also a fan of, is Exhibit A of the lack of accountability for "star" players. Jaylon Smith is Exhibit B. The difference is that I think Zeke can improve. He just needs a coach that will challenge him. McCarthy ain't it.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Zeke, who I'm also a fan of, is Exhibit A of the lack of accountability for "star" players. Jaylon Smith is Exhibit B. The difference is that I think Zeke can improve. He just needs a coach that will challenge him. McCarthy ain't it.
I haven’t watched a single McCarthy presser. I at least used to enjoy listening to the clapper rattle off his bag of cliche’s

ghst187

Reaction score
Wouldn’t say it’s quite that simple...I think that yes much of his eye popping numbers were during garbage time and yes we struggled early when games were tight. But Dak was also the only thing keeping us competitive. He’s good enough to build around and if you go and try to find another franchise Qb you may get stuck with garbage for another ten years waiting and hoping and trying to pull trash out of the heap.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course, you may be asking yourself, well, how do other top-paid QBs fair against quality competition? How do Prescott's stats stack up against those in the pay range he's looking to break into? I'm happy you asked.

Against over-.500 teams both in the regular season and the playoffs (when applicable), Aaron Rodgers had a 12/4 ratio and 5-3 record last year. Russell Wilson had an 11/4 ratio and a 4-4 record. Kirk Cousins had a 15/6 ratio and a 3-5 record. Jared Goff's ratio was 6/6 and his record was 2-4. Tom Brady was 6/5 and 3-4.

Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, and Deshaun Watson, Prescott's QB contemporaries also up for new deals soon, had numbers of 20/4 and 5-2, 10/3 and 5-2 and 12/5 and 4-3, respectively.

While Prescott isn't alone in his struggles against better teams, all of those quarterbacks outside of Goff were better than Prescott against elite competition last year. For the quarterbacks around his same age and stature (yes, Mahomes and Jackson are MVPs, but you get it), Prescott isn't even in the same ballpark.

Against teams with a .500 record or below, Prescott shines. His TD/INT ratio is 64/9 and his record is 29-5. Those are elite stats for sure, but they come against below-average competition. Of course, that's what good quarterbacks do: beat up on bad competition. But putting Prescott in that elite category doesn't fit based on his career performances against better teams thus far.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/cowboys-dak-prescott-stats-good-teams-contract-01e8w476239v

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
H-m-m, sure sounds like Jerry is anticipating Dak playing hardball at contract time again! A new strategy, perhaps? :omg:
Either that, or his 40-year-old brain has shifted into overdrive. It didn't succeed when he praised Dak and now this? :muttley:
Maybe the Dallas FO is preparing to get tough in advance of negotiations but I'll have to see it to actually believe it. :huh:

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Fingers crossed
He either signed off on the Taco vs TJ & Trysten Hill vs Juan Thornhill debates or wasn't persuasive enough to sway the room. He also been dog poop with free agency.

I know, I know Fan Boys. McClay is only responsible for the good draft picks. The poor draft picks are just gosh darn bad luck.

Even if you believed that, you cannot justify how bad his free agents are. Many of them were cut in the same off-season they were signed.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Against teams with a .500 record or below, Prescott shines. His TD/INT ratio is 64/9 and his record is 29-5.
I'm guessing you have the stats ready so save me some time Sir.

What are his #'s against above .500 records? I kind of know, but would like to see the actual #'s.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
I mean I love Dak but the offense was absolutely struggling to start games when he was healthy.

That offense has scored 2 TDs in 4 full games since Dak went down. I don't care if they waited to the last minute every game. Much of the same personnel, 2 TDs in 4 full games.

Dak deserves the MVP award for that alone.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's definitely unfiltered.

Being "brutally onset" would indicate some ability or skill to properly assess something. I think he has people he listens to, he "trusts" and is overly reliant on them.

He literally just said they won't be considering a QB in top 5 and now insults the QB who they would seemingly want to resign.

I like how all the other 31 GM's are telling us their off-season personnel strategy right now just like Jerry.
Correct. Totally unfiltered. It’s an embarrassment and debacle our Football Idiot opens up his hand for all to see unlike other franchises. And there’s purpose in Jethro's message.

After reading most of the responses it’s apparent fans are misreading his thoughts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Smith looked awful on an island but with support back in around him looks serviceable . But not worth his contract.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup, Jerry is breaking a lot of their collective hearts.

Some of them have formed men crushes on Dakota and thought that relationship was going to be taken to the next level but alas Jerry stepped in and killed those dreams.

man crush

noun
INFORMAL
  1. an intense and typically non-sexual liking or admiration felt by one man for another.
    "the fan confesses to having a man crush on Dak lemon Prescott"
    • a man who is the object of another's intense liking or admiration.
      "he is my new man crush in the league":muttley: