Jerry Jones: Dak stats are “garbage time” [Personal Opinion Included]

Hadenough

Reaction score
He did say something about teams "letting us move the ball" which is almost as stupid.
The thing about Jerrys comment is there were games from last year and years past where something is wrong with the offense. The games that really stick out to me are the Bills and Bears games. The offense opens up scoring and then goes into a shell and cant seem to get first downs and keep the team moving until they are down in the 4th quarter. Then they show some signs of life. This also happened in the Jets game, the offense sputtered bad in the Saints and Eagles game. The GB game they turned it over but didnt score a TD until they were down 30-3. I think what Jerry said has some value. To me it just seems like Dak is up and down and goes cold for long periods of time and I think that has to do with his accuracy. Dak has times where he moves the ball right down the field and gets into the redzone and then he is a different QB.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry phrased it as garbage time... Damn I didn’t know Jerry could fire MODs on this site?

The radio host said Jerry basically said garbage time. Stop trying to cover up the truth that doesn’t fit the front office narrative.

You appear to be directly "calling out" a mod @DallasEast on CZ. That seems like a bad idea.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The thing about Jerrys comment is there were games from last year and years past where something is wrong with the offense. The games that really stick out to me are the Bills and Bears games. The offense opens up scoring and then goes into a shell and cant seem to get first downs and keep the team moving until they are down in the 4th quarter. Then they show some signs of life. This also happened in the Jets game, the offense sputtered bad in the Saints and Eagles game. The GB game they turned it over but didnt score a TD until they were down 30-3. I think what Jerry said has some value. To me it just seems like Dak is up and down and goes cold for long periods of time and I think that has to do with his accuracy. Dak has times where he moves the ball right down the field and gets into the redzone and then he is a different QB.

Don't forget that the only reason they didn't score early in the GB game was the two interceptions that bounced off receivers' hands. Well the one that bounced off Amari was more like off his chest and then there was the one that hit someone else in the face.. but I am blanking on who that was. Cobb maybe? The one to Amari was either going to be a TD or first and goal inside the 5 and the second one also cost points as it was also in GB territory. Maybe it's not Dak who turns into a different QB.. maybe his teammates turn into different players on him? If those guys catch those and we cash in for points that is completely different game. But there is no denying that Dak had struggles in games last year,I just don't think Green Bay was one of them. I think some of the struggles were simply a matter of Kellen Moore being outfoxed by good DCs. Romo was smart enough and experienced enough to overcome it when Garrett and Co. were sending in turds for plays. Dak wasn't there yet last year. I think he got there this year.. At some point I fully expect him to shake off Moore when he sends in the 5 wide empty backfield formation inside the 10 yard line and hand the damn ball to Zeke. Any time we're inside the 10 yard line I'm handing it to Zeke 4 times. If they stop us then good on them.. but a team would have to prove to me that they could keep Zeke out of the end zone 4 straight times .. especially when it's first and goal inside the 5. And if they did it once they'd have to prove it to me again the next time we got down there.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Don't forget that the only reason they didn't score early in the GB game was the two interceptions that bounced off receivers' hands. Well the one that bounced off Amari was more like off his chest and then there was the one that hit someone else in the face.. but I am blanking on who that was. Cobb maybe? The one to Amari was either going to be a TD or first and goal inside the 5 and the second one also cost points as it was also in GB territory. Maybe it's not Dak who turns into a different QB.. maybe his teammates turn into different players on him? If those guys catch those and we cash in for points that is completely different game. But there is no denying that Dak had struggles in games last year,I just don't think Green Bay was one of them. I think some of the struggles were simply a matter of Kellen Moore being outfoxed by good DCs. Romo was smart enough and experienced enough to overcome it when Garrett and Co. were sending in turds for plays. Dak wasn't there yet last year. I think he got there this year.. At some point I fully expect him to shake off Moore when he sends in the 5 wide empty backfield formation inside the 10 yard line and hand the damn ball to Zeke. Any time we're inside the 10 yard line I'm handing it to Zeke 4 times. If they stop us then good on them.. but a team would have to prove to me that they could keep Zeke out of the end zone 4 straight times .. especially when it's first and goal inside the 5. And if they did it once they'd have to prove it to me again the next time we got down there.
The GB game with those turnovers early was a tough one. But I do agree on handing the ball to Zeke when they get down there. I don't know why Dallas never pitches the ball to Zeke like the Saints do with Kamara. I feel like the running game is about 4 plays and could use some creativity. But inside the 5 just go smash mouth.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Who’s this clown? Jerry never said anything about garbage time stats for Dak!!! Stats are stats, if you are playing from behind to win the game whether teams let you are not those stats are legit!! Your team or the opponent has put you in a different mind set to come back and win, your QB still has to throw, receivers has to catch and run, RBs has to run and catch, everyone has to block to make things work garbage stats is a phrase some idiot came up with to be negative about something positive

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The GB game with those turnovers early was a tough one. But I do agree on handing the ball to Zeke when they get down there. I don't know why Dallas never pitches the ball to Zeke like the Saints do with Kamara. I feel like the running game is about 4 plays and could use some creativity. But inside the 5 just go smash mouth.

They actually do pitch it to Zeke about once every other game.. The problem is when they do it's almost always to the short side of the field. The object of the pitch is to give a back room to work with.. pitching short side runs counter to that. The other problem with our wide pitch game is that none of the tight ends left on the roster are good blockers. And frankly our receivers aren't great at it either. With the exception of maybe Amari. Even Noah Brown who is known as the "blocking receiver" is better at seeking out dbs than he is at sealing off inside linebacker pursuit. Then there is the small matter of the linemen we would be pulling to create a student body wide run. With Tyron out and Williams coming off knee surgery there isn't one guy left on the line who is athletic enough to get out and lead a toss sweep. Martin is okay at it but probably not quite fast or nimble enough to really make it work with any regularity. Our best chance to get outside is Pollard because he doesn't wait for anything to develop he just makes it a footrace to the edge. Sometimes he wins the footrace.. more often he doesn't.