Jerry Jones: Dak stats are “garbage time” [Personal Opinion Included]

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You Dak stans will say anything to hype this eh QB up lol. Dak is the master of garbage time stats and y'all are the masters of being blind followers of an average QB with fugazy numbers.
Prove it. He started in 5 games this season. Illustrate, oh great wise one, how he is the master of garbage time.
You know, for the blind followers. You speak like it's so clearly obvious, teach!

birdwells1

Reaction score
Yall gotta stop with this nonsense.

Volume stats for a QB are overrated. Especially in the manner in which Dak accrued them in. He was 10th in passer rating.

Its like saying 2012 was Romo’s best season when it was actually his worst.

Dak’s best season still is 2016. Its a damn shame you homers want to pay him and he still hasnt repeat what he did as a rookie :facepalm:

Hey Willie I barely post here so I don't know how I get the tag of a stan. 2016 was a mediocre year for Dak (I actually wanted Romo back) he was a bus driver and the team around him was much better. If you looked at where he threw the ball (te and slot) he didn't have the confidence to throw over the middle but in 2019 that all changed and he became a complete passer in my opinion threatening all areas of the field. Dak didn't win me over until 2019

P.S. I started following Youtubers to get my info now and view/post here less and less, the great thing about them is that it's just straight info about the team, none of this petty back and forth that ends nowhere. If it is disagreement on Youtube it done in a respectful fashion where each can see each others point of view, then I come back here and it's the same ol bs it's been for the last 10 years.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You Dak stans will say anything to hype this eh QB up lol. Dak is the master of garbage time stats and y'all are the masters of being blind followers of an average QB with fugazy numbers.
Stupid....which game this year was played in garbage time? When were we “out of the game” while racking up stats. If you cannot show examples, then you are just blowing garbage from your butt....lol.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Prove it. He started in 5 games this season. Illustrate, oh great wise one, how he is the master of garbage time.
You know, for the blind followers. You speak like it's so clearly obvious, teach!
You think I'm wrong Dak groupie you prove I'm wrong.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Stupid....which game this year was played in garbage time? When were we “out of the game” while racking up stats. If you cannot show examples, then you are just blowing garbage from your butt....lol.
If stupid I means not agreeing with you yep guilty as charged. We were out of all the games outside of the first game and giants game. Don't let the 450-1 or so true stat Falcons game change you mind that you won't be winning most of those games down that many points. You 20k types are the funniest. Have to have some average person to live vicariously through lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You think I'm wrong Dak groupie you prove I'm wrong.
Well there you have it. You have nothing to support your claim and worse yet, deflect it. Lmao.
I honestly couldn't care less who our QB is, but making things up needs to be called out.

ICP

Reaction score
I was thinking that too but I dont see the Patriots paying Dak big money. They just dont do that with anyone.
Yeah, that's a good point but after the season they are having this year they might change their tune

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Well there you have it. You have nothing to support your claim and worse yet, deflect it. Lmao.
I honestly couldn't care less who our QB is, but making things up needs to be called out.
This isn't a court dullard. You think I'm wrong where is your proof at de. Then lying to public talking about you couldn't care who the QB is? Yeah expletive right Dak groupie. The truth can't be called out but when you're a groupie everything that isn't pro your football hero is lies lol. Get real and lay off the copium

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This isn't a court dullard. You think I'm wrong where is your proof at de. Then lying to public talking about you couldn't care who the QB is? Yeah expletive right Dak groupie. The truth can't be called out but when you're a groupie everything that isn't pro your football hero is lies lol. Get real and lay off the copium
Again with the name calling. Can you possibly have an adult discussion without calling folks names who call you out?
You've yet to offer anything but empty statements based on zero facts. And you're too lazy to back it up, all you do is retort to name calling.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Again with the name calling. Can you possibly have an adult discussion without calling folks names who call you out?
You've yet to offer anything but empty statements based on zero facts. And you're too lazy to back it up, all you do is retort to name calling.
Oh no not the I'm morally better than you routine smh. I didn't call you any names. I told the truth on this particular topic. This isn't an adult conversation to be honest. This is some fanboy stuff from you and I'm treating it as such. Zero facts? Watching the games and the scores is facts enough. If you don't want to believe what you see or better yet hype up bs go ahead. If your football deity was so good he wouldn't need to suspiciously put up the yards after being down 2/3 tds in the fourth. You're right on one thing I'm not going out of my way to give facts to a Dak groupie that will dismiss them. I'll give you that

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The "de" has been broken out! Now this is my kind of morning.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

You are engaging with a troll. It's a mistake to assume that he is actually attempting to engage in anything remotely resembling adult discussion. That's not the motive.. The goal is try play the dozens over the internet and declare himself the winner when actual adults get bored with his noise and ignore him.

Reactions: G2

FVSTONE

Reaction score
It's just not. Feel free to go through all 5 games Prescott started, game by game quarter and you'll discover your statement is just wrong.

As far as wins, stay on track. Wins and losses are a team stat. That's not what we're talking about here.
I know it's a team, but for the two dudes who sit in the back field they're mistakes have dug
With the way the team was going before Dak got hurt, I personally they would have pretty much the same record if he was still under center. Hell this team never showed up this year.................

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I know it's a team, but for the two dudes who sit in the back field they're mistakes have dug

With the way the team was going before Dak got hurt, I personally they would have pretty much the same record if he was still under center. Hell this team never showed up this year.................

Maybe so but I thought in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of that game the team kinda turned a corner. The offense found an amazing and balanced rhythm, stopped turning the ball over while the defense forced several punts in a row and held the opponent to a FG. I think we even got our first glimpse of special teams doing something positive other than watermelon kick. I think if Dak stays in that game they roll to 40+ points and probably a 3 score margin against the Giants. Followed by bouyed confidence and probably wins in the next 4 games. Certainly no worse than 3-1 if we get the same defensive effort against the Eagles and Steelers and the offense continues its 37 points a game roll it was on when Dak went down. And before anybody comes at me with "what makes you think they could turn it around to that degree?" Because several of the early losses were the result of fluke turnovers and blown assignments. Those are two VERY fixable problems. Zeke has not fumbled since he stood up in front of his team and promised he wouldn't. The defense has played SEVERAL levels ip since jettisoning some deadweight and being called out by just about everybody including themselves. But we will never know..

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Dak needs to get as far away from this franchise as possible, for his own good, IMO.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
It’s hard to believe Jerry Jones would say that. He’s becoming senile, you don’t undermine a player so many players look up to even if you feel that way . Dak needs to move on from this garbage team owner.
After 43 years I’m at the end of my rope .
I’ll be rooting against the team this weekend. The only hope we have now is that the cowboys lose every game until Jerry is gone from this team. This team will never be able to win with Jerry at the helm, he’s become the “final years “ Al Davis. The only hope we have as fans is that they lose so much he can’t deny reality any longer,

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It’s hard to believe Jerry Jones would say that. He’s becoming senile.

If you listened to the actual interview he never said anything about "garbage time." That was simply what some people wanted to hear him to have said. He did say something about teams "letting us move the ball" which is almost as stupid.. Seeing as how we came back and had the lead in 4 of the 5 games .. whatever the defenses were "letting" the offense do wasn't working out so well for them. The only game we didn't make it all the way back was Cleveland and we might have made it all the way back in that one if not for the idiotic decision to onside kick with almost 4 minutes left in a 3 point game.. with all your timeouts to boot. Then of course the defense getting pantsed by OBJ was the nail in the coffin.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
If you listened to the actual interview he never said anything about "garbage time." That was simply what some people wanted to hear him to have said. He did say something about teams "letting us move the ball" which is almost as stupid.. Seeing as how we came back and had the lead in 4 of the 5 games .. whatever the defenses were "letting" the offense do wasn't working out so well for them. The only game we didn't make it all the way back was Cleveland and we might have made it all the way back in that one if not for the idiotic decision to onside kick with almost 4 minutes left in a 3 point game.. with all your timeouts to boot. Then of course the defense getting pantsed by OBJ was the nail in the coffin.

Yeah almost the same , it’s heart breaking for me to feel this way about my #1 hobby for 43 years but I’m done with Jerry . This was the last straw. I’ll never go to a game again or buy merchandise until he’s gone .