Jerry Jones: Dak stats are “garbage time” [Personal Opinion Included]

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Poor Jerry must have tons of frustration built up esp after Todd up the ante after the first 3 dog wins last year.
This is the first shot of many leading to Dak's departure from Big D.

We were a watermelon kick away from beginning the season 0-4 and came out stinking against the Giants in game 5.

Yes we just have to lock that in and slowly rebuild the team with no money and rookies. That won’t lead to 8-8 and a wildcard win every 5 years. I’m sure championships will just appear once Dak puts us in a less optimal position to team build considering all of the early success we had in the post season.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I am right about Dalton. I have an entire career of knowing what he is to back me up.

What you guys don’t understand about football is that if the Oline isn’t blocking, the RB is fumbling, and WRs are dropping TDs then it will be very tough for a average QB like Dalton to remain average.

When he had those things he went 9-11 for 111 yards against the Giants.
I think you are spot on with that. Andy is more than capable of being a Teddy Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins type of starter in this league, that can win you games with a team around him. Dak is better equipped to overcome some of the deficiencies on this offense, but we have lost this year no matter who the QB is. Get your Tackles healthy, fix DT, S, CB and you can win the NFC East with or without Dak at QB. Can the go far in the post season with a Dalton over Dak? I'm not sure, but we havent gotten very far with him to this point either.

I'd much rather have Dak as my QB, but i think its for nothing if you dont have the finances to fix other positions.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We were a watermelon kick away from beginning the season 0-4 and came out stinking against the Giants in game 5.

Yes we just have to lock that in and slowly rebuild the team with no money and rookies. That won’t lead to 8-8 and a wildcard win every 5 years. I’m sure championships will just appear once Dak puts us in a less optimal position to team build considering all of the early success we had in the post season.
Cowboys have a better chance contending with Dak then without. I don’t know why that’s so hard for people to fathom.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think you are spot on with that. Andy is more than capable of being a Teddy Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins type of starter in this league, that can win you games with a team around him. Dak is better equipped to overcome some of the deficiencies on this offense, but we have lost this year no matter who the QB is. Get your Tackles healthy, fix DT, S, CB and you can win the NFC East with or without Dak at QB. Can the go far in the post season with a Dalton over Dak? I'm not sure, but we havent gotten very far with him to this point either.

I'd much rather have Dak as my QB, but i think its for nothing if you dont have the finances to fix other positions.
No he’s not. Dalton had his chance last year to do something and didn’t and hasn’t most of his career.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I am right about Dalton. I have an entire career of knowing what he is to back me up.

What you guys don’t understand about football is that if the Oline isn’t blocking, the RB is fumbling, and WRs are dropping TDs then it will be very tough for a average QB like Dalton to remain average.

When he had those things he went 9-11 for 111 yards against the Giants.
When dak had those same things he was putting up 500 yards. You arent right about Dalton. At all. And the fact you continue to try to be proves you dislike Dak and yet again prove its about more than football.

What are Daltons playoff stats? Ill wait.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When dak had those same things he was putting up 500 yards. You arent right about Dalton. At all. And the fact you continue to try to be proves you dislike Dak and yet again prove its about more than football.

What are Daltons playoff stats? Ill wait.

Dalton is an average QB.

Dak’s a little better than average.

Both guys go as the team around them goes. Neither guy is carrying teams to victories especially with consistency in a playoff run.

cern

Reaction score
nostradamus was known to have changed his predictions many times. never when they were right, but often when they turned out to be wrong or utter garbage. arthur blank and jerry don't like eachother. but i still believe we'll sign dak.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dalton is an average QB.

Both guys go as the team around them goes. Neither guy is carrying teams to victories especially with consistency in a playoff run.
Tell the Dak trolls this has nothing to do with Dalton and to stop trying to downplay the significance of Jerry's statement.
The owner and GM of the Dallas Cowboys confirmed to the world that even he believes our stats are of the Garbage time motivo!!!

stiletto

Reaction score
You guys remember a poster in here that posted about knowing someone who worked "inside the building" and that management isn't as high on Dak as it may appear? I am starting to wonder if those weren't legit rumors. You can say it is an idiotic stance or not but I wish I could find those posts...I forgot who it was.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tell the Dak trolls this has nothing to do with Dalton and to stop trying to downplay the significance of Jerry's statement.
The owner and GM of the Dallas Cowboys confirmed to the world that even he believes our stats are of the Garbage time motivo!!!

The logic is.. Dalton wasn’t that good so that validates paying Dak a ton of money lol.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dalton is an average QB.

873 yards 1 td 6 INT.

In 4 playoff games HAHA. Yeah. You're right he isnt carrying a damn thing. Dak has already proven he can carry this team. You are just too obtuse and buried in your own ideas and agendas to admit you were wrong.

And your picture shows why. You blame dak for Dez falling off. Dalton proved he cannot play football. Against Zona he was atrocious. Fumbles. Picks. Etc.

Dak could win Superbowl MVP and you would give the team credit before Dak. Yet if Dak fails its his fault. Amazing.

cern

Reaction score
i heard some blogger suggest that, but that's not what jerry actually said.

cern

Reaction score
The logic is.. Dalton wasn’t that good so that validates paying Dak a ton of money lol.
that is not a logical statement. not by any definition of the word logical. perhaps you meant illogical?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
873 yards 1 td 6 INT.

In 4 playoff games HAHA. Yeah. You're right he isnt carrying a damn thing. Dak has already proven he can carry this team. You are just too obtuse and buried in your own ideas and agendas to admit you were wrong.

And your picture shows why. You blame dak for Dez falling off. Dalton proved he cannot play football. Against Zona he was atrocious. Fumbles. Picks. Etc.

Dak could win Superbowl MVP and you would give the team credit before Dak. Yet if Dak fails its his fault. Amazing.
This is where the extreme pro Dak crowd loses me....When has Dak carried this team?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry phrased it as garbage time... Damn I didn’t know Jerry could fire MODs on this site?

The radio host said Jerry basically said garbage time. Stop trying to cover up the truth that doesn’t fit the front office narrative.
lol.

Your thread title was edited due to you stating the following:

This owner will die without another ring.

and

Dak & Will McClay to Atlanta is 99% guaranteed.

The second one in particular is a completely unsubstantiated opinion. The title was not edited for Jerry Jones: Dak stats are “garbage time”. Instead, the title was edited for the above by including the words "Personal Opinion Included".

This site has never been affiliated with the Dallas Cowboys owner. That is an idiotic assumption.

Additionally, your "truth" is your thoughts. Purchase the franchise and convert your thoughts "truth" into instead of littering CowboysZone.com (and the Fan Zone specifically) with your ramblings.