Jerry Jones: Dak stats are “garbage time” [Personal Opinion Included]

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
873 yards 1 td 6 INT.

In 4 playoff games HAHA. Yeah. You're right he isnt carrying a damn thing. Dak has already proven he can carry this team. You are just too obtuse and buried in your own ideas and agendas to admit you were wrong.

And your picture shows why. You blame dak for Dez falling off. Dalton proved he cannot play football. Against Zona he was atrocious. Fumbles. Picks. Etc.

Dak could win Superbowl MVP and you would give the team credit before Dak. Yet if Dak fails its his fault. Amazing.

As Jerry said.. Your stats don’t mean much to anyone but you Dak homers.

They came from when the team was far behind against defenses that can’t defend the pass.

Those stats aren’t impressing anyone but you box score guys.

cern

Reaction score
He said we scored when the defenses let us score.
If that isn't describing Garbage stats I have no idea what is???
we glean what we glean. jerry has often stated his love of ambiguity.

phildadon86

Reaction score
As Jerry said.. Your stats don’t mean much to anyone but you Dak homers.

They came from when the team was far behind against defenses that can’t defend the pass.

Those stats aren’t impressing anyone but you box score guys.
They mean something because for years you said he couldnt put up those stats. Now that he does they dont matter. Its amazing you have any room left to move the goalposts.

Also I like how you ignored the fact i called you out for not liking Dak for reasons that have nothing to do with football. And that if he won Superbowl MVP you would make up excuses and still not give him credit.

When he wins games. Its the team. When he loses. Its on him.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I guess the defense never "wanted" the Cowboys offense to move the ball with Dalton as QB, even though some kept insisting that Dalton would be much better than Dak or at the very least that the offense wouldn't have a drop off with Dalton at the QB position. I guess defenses stopped "wanting to" allow the Cowboys offense to move the ball in "garbage time" all of a sudden when Dalton became the QB.:rolleyes:

What is it about Dalton that made defenses change their mind in "intentionally" allowing the Cowboys offense to move the ball and score in "garbage" time. :rolleyes:

Qcard

Reaction score
lol.

Your thread title was edited due to you stating the following:

This owner will die without another ring.

and

Dak & Will McClay to Atlanta is 99% guaranteed.

The second one in particular is a completely unsubstantiated opinion. The title was not edited for Jerry Jones: Dak stats are “garbage time”. Instead, the title was edited for the above by including the words "Personal Opinion Included".

This site has never been affiliated with the Dallas Cowboys owner. That is an idiotic assumption.

Additionally, your "truth" is your thoughts. Purchase the franchise and convert your thoughts "truth" into instead of littering CowboysZone.com (and the Fan Zone specifically) with your ramblings.
Epic! :hammer:

Why is this thread still open?:popcorn:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Wille B was right again

full

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Seattle. Playoffs.
Soooo 1 game? and in that game the offense put up 24 points, and he was 22/33 226 yards 1TD 1 INT....Is that carrying the team?

I'm not here to bash Dak at all, but we've gotta be realistic about the QB situation. Dak is by far the best QB on the roster right now, but if he were capable of carrying a team 2019 & 2020 wouldn't be the huge disappointments that they have been.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Soooo 1 game? and in that game the offense put up 24 points, and he was 22/33 226 yards 1TD 1 INT....Is that carrying the team?

I'm not here to bash Dak at all, but we've gotta be realistic about the QB situation. Dak is by far the best QB on the roster right now, but if he were capable of carrying a team 2019 & 2020 wouldn't be the huge disappointments that they have been.
I seem to remember you asking for 1 game. I can give you more. And in that game. As I am told here. Stats dont matter. What i do remember is a clutch run to win us the game.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because the franchise owner made a statement related to his franchise quarterback.
What Franchise QB are you referring to the guy who's playing with a 1 year Tag???:huh:
Franchise QB are the first to get a deal so far even Jaylon got one and it seems very unlikely Dak's day will come as the song says...

HanD

Reaction score
If Dak were to leave which is highly doubtful, to me it would be more likely for him to end up in a place like Denver.

They have a decent defense, Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, and Hamler. Not a bad core group.

edit. Meant to add that the OTs have really struggled early in games and gotten a bit better as the game went along. They are a big part of the slow starts as well.
or chicago or new england or carolina imo.

HanD

Reaction score
They are hedging their bets on Dak's recovery.

Dak has to learn how to walk again after the cast is off in January.

Likely return to football is June/July. He could miss the start of camp next Summer.

:banghead::rolleyes:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry just spoke on 105 the fan and basically stated that offense struggled even when Dak was starting and they only moved the ball more because teams defense allowed them to.

This owner will die without another ring. Dak & Will McClay to Atlanta is 99% guaranteed.

This post, and your headline, are misleading.

Jerry did not indicate Dak wasn't playing well or moving the ball effectively, or that his stats were only based on garbage time. In fact, he said the offense was moving the ball from the beginning of games but it was the turnovers that hurt.

He also said there was nothing wrong with what the offense was doing except the turnovers.

He was just saying stats were inflated because of the early deficits and the opposing defense allowing things.

How is that controversial? Hell, everyone understood that 450-500 passing yards a game wasn't going to be the norm for Dak - or any QB.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What Franchise QB are you referring to the guy who's playing with a 1 year Tag???:huh:
Franchise QB are the first to get a deal so far even Jaylon got one and it seems very unlikely Dak's day will come as the song says...
:rolleyes:

oh no. Pappydog's has shined his anti-Prescott spotlight on yours truly.

In my opinion (and clearly not your own), a franchise quarterback is any player at the position, who sits at the top of the depth chart, and has the unquestioned support of both a franchise's coaching staff and front office.

Prescott took over for an injured Romo during the 2016 preseason.

It is 2020.

As of this date, no quarterback acquired via free agency or the draft by Dalas during that period has supplanted Prescott's status.

I do encourage anyone, yourself included, to conclude believing Jerry Jones, the owner of the NFL's Dallas Cowboys, does not consider Dak Prescott as his franchise quarterback, both while Jones is negotiating a contract with Prescott and even after the strong likelihood of an actual eventual signing. It is practically meaningless to me personally. Similar circumstances played out with Romo and some people never accepted his status as franchise quarterback for three times as long lol.

And hey. Who knows? Maybe Jones will separate himself from Prescott at some point, at which time certain people can begin gloating big time. However, until that REALLY does come to fruition, I will abide by a quote from Klingon High Chancellor Gowron:

;)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:rolleyes:

oh no. Pappydog's has shined his anti-Prescott spotlight light on yours truly.

In my opinion (and clearly not your own), a franchise quarterback is any player at the position, who sits at the top of the depth chart, and has the unquestioned support of both a franchise's coaching staff and front office.

Prescott took over for an injured Romo during the 2016 preseason.

It is 2020.

As of this date, no quarterback acquired via free agency or the draft by Dalas during that period has supplanted Prescott's status.

I do encourage anyone, yourself included, to conclude believing Jerry Jones, the owner of the NFL's Dallas Cowboys, does not consider Dak Prescott as his franchise quarterback, both while Jones is negotiating a contract with Prescott and even after the strong likelihood of an actual eventual signing. It is practically meaningless to me personally. Similar circumstances played out with Romo and some people never accepted his status as franchise quarterback for three times as long lol.

Any hey. Who knows? Maybe Jones will separate himself from Prescott at some point, at which time certain people can begin gloating big time. However, until that REALLY does come to fruition, I will abide by a quote from Klingon High Chancellor Gowron:

;)

Has nothing to do with any claims of Dak hate or anti-Dakvibes.
The fact is that every team that believes that their QB is franchise Caliber has a long- term deal attached to that player.

Now if you want to mud the waters with Dak hate words fine but the above reality is confirmed from Rodgers to Ryan to Wilson,etc etc....