Jerry Jones: Dak stats are “garbage time” [Personal Opinion Included]

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And both Goff and Wentz are not worth elite money.
You don't even get that you don't get it. A fan's opinion doesn't dictate salaries. It never has. It's the "next player up" type of thing, within reason. Prescott has played at a high level every season and has been paid nothing. If four years isn't long enough to solidify the defense and win a championship than your QBs salary isn't the problem.
Also, guess how much under the cap we are?

basel90

Reaction score
jerry is right and this was discussed a lot . Most of these stats were in games where the other teams were in prevent mode and the cowboys are trying to come back . Consistency was lacking from Dak's games. Many people forget we were losing to the Giants at home when dak got hurt. Some people are too emotional or politically correct to see what is happening. Same fans that wanted jerry to pay zeke the big guaranteed money. It does not end well. When a QB like dak has had almost 5 years to show if he can make it to the SB or the CCG and fails. you have to look at things beyond the defensive issues.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
They are hedging their bets on Dak's recovery.

Dak has to learn how to walk again after the cast is off in January.

Likely return to football is June/July. He could miss the start of camp next Summer.
He could miss the entire 2021 season.

Don't kid yourself.

Nobody knows anything right now.

Dak just wants to know..

"Is it time for my pain pill yet?"

He isn't thinking about us or his new contract yet. He can't even stand up to go to the bathroom without his wheelchair.

People need to get a grip.

:eek:

jjktkk

Reaction score
You don't even get that you don't get it. A fan's opinion doesn't dictate salaries. It never has. It's the "next player up" type of thing, within reason. Prescott has played at a high level every season and has been paid nothing. If four years isn't long enough to solidify the defense and win a championship than your QBs salary isn't the problem.
Also, guess how much under the cap we are?
I'm sorry which NFL Team do you work for? Are you not a fan that gets caught up on meaningless stats and fails to see the overall big picture to determine a players worth?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He could miss the entire 2021 season.

Don't kid yourself.

Nobody knows anything right now.

Dak just wants to know..

"Is it time for my pain pill yet?"

He isn't thinking about us or his new contract yet. He can't even stand up to go to the bathroom without his wheelchair.

People need to get a grip.

:eek:
He's ahead of schedule with regard to his injury. It would be very unusual if he missed a second of the offseason.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm sorry which NFL Team do you work for? Are you not a fan that gets caught up on meaningless stats and fails to see the overall big picture to determine a players worth?
If you're admitting to getting caught up on meaningless stats, than how the hell are you the authority of a players worth? Lmao.

No, I really don't get caught up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Market conditions", please. Dak was requesting 40 million a year, which a load of crap. Dak is not worth 40 million a year.
No, he actually wasn't. The reporting was that he was asking for something about the level of Wentz and Goff, but that the hangup was that the Cowboys wanted a 5th year and Dak wanted 4 years similar to the 4 year extension Wentz and Goff got.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes there is. Mahomes, Brees, Wilson, etc..
Brees isn't making that kind of money. He is late in his career and rich and taking less than market.

Mahomes is elite money because he is a combination of a top level QB and a recent negotiation. But 2-3 years from now his salary make get passed by a lesser QB because market conditions don't freeze in time when a top QB negotiates.

That's why pay level is not a QB ranking like you seem to think it is. The only way it could be is if every QB were negotiating in the same season under the same market conditions and all teams and players agreed on the pecking order.

Reactions: G2

jjktkk

Reaction score
Brees isn't making that kind of money. He is late in his career and rich and taking less than market.

Mahomes is elite money because he is a combination of a top level QB and a recent negotiation. But 2-3 years from now his salary make get passed by a lesser QB because market conditions don't freeze in time when a top QB negotiates.

That's why pay level is not a QB ranking like you seem to think it is. The only way it could be is if every QB were negotiating in the same season under the same market conditions and all teams and players agreed on the pecking order.
And Dak is demanding around the same amount as Mahomes And Dak is not as talented as Mahomes. Not even close.

jjktkk

Reaction score
If you're admitting to getting caught up on meaningless stats, than how the hell are you the authority of a players worth? Lmao.

No, I really don't get caught up.
Stats are just part of a reference to identify a player's talent. And I have never gotten caught up in meaningless stats. I just called you out on that. My most important stat is determining a QB's worth is Ws and Ls.

basel90

Reaction score
Except Dak's career is less than half of Dalton's, so not really parallel at all.

By the way, do you know that neither Payton Manning or Drew Brees won a playoff game until their 6th season.

I'm not saying Dak is their level - he's not - but the point is not having significant team success early in a career does not define a QB's career.
The problem with dak is his performance ( other than some empty stats in many games) , is actually regressing from his initial years. Brees and Manning , kept ascending . This is the worry with Dak . Even when the OL and Zeke were humming , we still lost way too many on his watch . There is something in his game that is inconsistent.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nothing more than a bargaining chip. He’s heard the roars of everyone about how this offense fell on its face once Dak got hurt and how it was going to cost jerry so much more to re-sign him. He’s simply trying to devalue the performance. Cruddy but true.

This Offense has been falling on it's face long before Dak got hurt. That's just the truth.

RS12

Reaction score
And both Goff and Wentz are not worth elite money.
No but at least when Goff has a clean pocket he can make throws. He is another "I need to not play from behind, a good running game and play action" to be a successful QB.

InTheZone

Reaction score
too bad the media and social media doesn't disclose 100% of their titles like this

garyo1954

Reaction score
Booger cleaning up his mess like.....

OGC.0a391d42a0b238aa30b364beee596f79