Jerry Jones: Dak stats are “garbage time” [Personal Opinion Included]

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL i listened to this interview live...started laughing when he said "the defense was letting us move the ball" I knew it would be so fun to watch you and your crew now dawn JJ as the voice of truth......its ok puppy just make sure you back him when he says the truth about who our QB is...like he has said 1k times...

It's not JJ. It's reality. Even JJ can see it thank goodness. That's on you guys if you can't.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parallel's Dak's career.
Except Dak's career is less than half of Dalton's, so not really parallel at all.

By the way, do you know that neither Payton Manning or Drew Brees won a playoff game until their 6th season.

I'm not saying Dak is their level - he's not - but the point is not having significant team success early in a career does not define a QB's career.

Bigdog

Reaction score
if this is the case and Dak does leave, then Jerry better be sure that he gets Lawrence and no one is going to give up Lawrence, imo.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's demandied elite money, which is why he was tagged this year.
You missed the point. If he is supposed to take one for the team and get paid less than QB market so that the staff can "finally build a team" what is the excuse the last 4+ years?

jjktkk

Reaction score
Except Dak's career is less than half of Dalton's, so not really parallel at all.

By the way, do you know that neither Payton Manning or Drew Brees won a playoff game until their 6th season.

I'm not saying Dak is their level - he's not - but the point is not having significant team success early in a career does not define a QB's career.
And I would of have been fine resigning Dak, if Dak hadn't demanded elite QB money last year.

CapnB

Reaction score
In Dak's defense, he had been playing without both starting tackles a rookie center who hadn't got his feet under him (before Dak was hurt) and a left guard that might not start on another team. It wasn't on Dak why the team wasn't moving the ball.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak wanting elite, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady money. Not this "QB market" crap.
He was wanting Jerod Goff, Carson Wentz money. Rodgers is only at that level because he negotiated his contract a few years earlier under different market conditions.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak wanting elite, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady money. Not this "QB market" crap.
Then you don't understand how the market works. It's clearly not based solely on performance or what some armchair fan thinks is "elite."

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously Cousins and Wentz are not elite. The problem with and others is thinking Dak is.
Right, they aren't elite, which tells you that the pay level Dak was looking for was not "elite" level. Market conditions dictate that level, and pay is not a QB ranking system.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Right, they aren't elite, which tells you that the pay level Dak was looking for was not "elite" level. Market conditions dictate that level, and pay is not a QB ranking system.
"Market conditions", please. Dak was requesting 40 million a year, which a load of crap. Dak is not worth 40 million a year.