Jerry Jones Has A Message To Cowboys Fans

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nothing like pumping sunshine into catastrophic miscues to silence public rancor!
Psychologist Jerrah is all about that and so is the fruit of his loins, Stephen! :muttley:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I work with stroke patients, TBI's and people with dementia/Alzheimer's that can string together a more coherent sentence.

"One of the things that has stood me about football, and I'm comparing to the things that we all do every day away from the football is that it can be looking very dark, dark for you and then it can reverse on you in an instant,"
but are they hillybillies on drugs?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
im just cruious if anyone else thinks this is the lowest things have felt at this team in the last 30 years or so...i was pretty young in the late 80s so not really sure how that time period compared.
The lowest times in Cowboys history as I remember them:
  • 1968- Cowboys lost early in the playoffs and were 0-3 in their last 3 playoff games. Don Meredith retired.
  • 1986-1989- The Landry years faded out in 3 straight losing seasons followed by the worst season in Cowboys history, 1989. Saw little reason for hope. But Jimmy Johnson had something to say about that.
  • 2000-2002- the Dave Campo years. Three straight 5-11 seasons. We all knew Campo was not an NFL HC.
  • 2008-2013- the prime of Tony Romo’s career was totally wasted. And you could see it year after year.
  • NOW- 26 straight years of not even being able to win a divisional playoff game. A completely unaccountable front office. No changes coming there. As hopeless as it gets.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm interested to see how long Dak really is out, if he is out 6 weeks then Jerry literally hurt the team by not assigning IR just to keep box seat sales from going down...seriously.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
The lowest times in Cowboys history as I remember them:
  • 1968- Cowboys lost early in the playoffs and were 0-3 in their last 3 playoff games. Don Meredith retired.
  • 1986-1989- The Landry years faded out in 3 straight losing seasons followed by the worst season in Cowboys history, 1989. Saw little reason for hope. But Jimmy Johnson had something to say about that.
  • 2000-2002- the Dave Campo years. Three straight 5-11 seasons. We all knew Campo was not an NFL HC.
  • 2008-2013- the prime of Tony Romo’s career was totally wasted. And you could see it year after year.
  • NOW- 26 straight years of not even being able to win a divisional playoff game. A completely unaccountable front office. No changes coming there. As hopeless as it gets.

I wanted to give you a like but this was too depressing.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Me trying to decide if I hate Jerry Jones or Hitler more.
51c.gif

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
im just cruious if anyone else thinks this is the lowest things have felt at this team in the last 30 years or so...i was pretty young in the late 80s so not really sure how that time period compared.

I'm not too sure about this being the most depressing, but I think it's the most infuriating offseason that I've seen in many decades! :omg:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/jerry-jones-cowboys-season-over-david-slay-the-giant

"One of the things that has stood me about football, and I'm comparing to the things that we all do every day away from the football is that it can be looking very dark, dark for you and then it can reverse on you in an instant," Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. "It can go positive in an instant after you've got -- we've got a lot of football. We've got a lot of really top football players. And we got an outstanding group that's coaching them up in my view. ... You can think negatively and everybody does and that's normal. But, boy, we got a lot of positive things we can do. I have seen it just hopeless and walk out there and David slay the giant. I've seen it done."

****!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone in Jerry Jones' position had three choices:

1. Do not say anything.
  2. Give the media a short, nondescript response. Example: "We know there are things we must work on to improve and we will."
  3. Assess what the team has done and can do but twist the assessment into a personal narrative trying to convince others about something they do not necessarily believe themselves.

Someone with a normal ego would have chosen one of the first two options. A narcissist will always chose the third one.

RS12

Reaction score
Thats the problem. It is a constant low with this ownership. Doesnt matter if the team is 12 and 5 or bad enough to get the first pick in the draft. The seasons all end the the same, with a loss and ceiling of an early playoff exit at best. Sadly many still believe that it has been a quarter century of bad luck.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/jerry-jones-cowboys-season-over-david-slay-the-giant

"One of the things that has stood me about football, and I'm comparing to the things that we all do every day away from the football is that it can be looking very dark, dark for you and then it can reverse on you in an instant," Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. "It can go positive in an instant after you've got -- we've got a lot of football. We've got a lot of really top football players. And we got an outstanding group that's coaching them up in my view. ... You can think negatively and everybody does and that's normal. But, boy, we got a lot of positive things we can do. I have seen it just hopeless and walk out there and David slay the giant. I've seen it done."
Yeah and the fans have a message to JJ...thanks for turning this great organization into the Lions/Brown Elfs...pathetic

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Someone in Jerry Jones' position had three choices:

1. Do not say anything.
  2. Give the media a short, nondescript response. Example: "We know there are things we must work on to improve and we will."
  3. Assess what the team has done and can do but twist the assessment into a personal narrative trying to convince others about something they do not necessarily believe themselves.

Someone with a normal ego would have chosen one of the first two options. A narcissist will always chose the third one.
Someone with a normal ego, yes, but also someone that has fear of losing their job.

Jerry has neither.