Jerry Jones Has A Message To Cowboys Fans

Sydla

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/jerry-jones-cowboys-season-over-david-slay-the-giant

"One of the things that has stood me about football, and I'm comparing to the things that we all do every day away from the football is that it can be looking very dark, dark for you and then it can reverse on you in an instant," Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. "It can go positive in an instant after you've got -- we've got a lot of football. We've got a lot of really top football players. And we got an outstanding group that's coaching them up in my view. ... You can think negatively and everybody does and that's normal. But, boy, we got a lot of positive things we can do. I have seen it just hopeless and walk out there and David slay the giant. I've seen it done."

LOL.

This guy just doesn't get it. He's in total spin mode now. Here's how this will go.

He's now in the stage where he still thinks his team is good enough.

In a few weeks, he'll start to blame players.

Then he'll start to blame the coaches.

He'll never blame himself or his son.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Funny how this up and down craziness is largely a feature of the Cowboys organization. Organizations that are not run with the retardation of the Dallas Cowboys. I mean if what Jerry is saying is we wouldn't have teams that regularly make it to the post season.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif

phildadon86

Reaction score
LOL.

This guy just doesn't get it. He's in total spin mode now. Here's how this will go.

He's now in the stage where he still thinks his team is good enough.

In a few weeks, he'll start to blame players.

Then he'll start to blame the coaches.

He'll never blame himself or his son.
His son is already blaming coaches. Did you not see the quotes from Stephen yesterday?

Whyjerry

Reaction score

"One of the things that has stood me about football, and I'm comparing to the things that we all do every day away from the football is that it can be looking very dark, dark for you and then it can reverse on you in an instant," Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. "It can go positive in an instant after you've got -- we've got a lot of football. We've got a lot of really top football players. And we got an outstanding group that's coaching them up in my view. ... You can think negatively and everybody does and that's normal. But, boy, we got a lot of positive things we can do. I have seen it just hopeless and walk out there and David slay the giant. I've seen it done."
What a total idiot. He is the worst.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone with a normal ego, yes, but also someone that has fear of losing their job.

Jerry has neither.
lol. Someone afraid of losing their job may lie but that possibly is not necessarily the norm for anyone in that situation. That type of lie is an expression of desperation. Everyone does not get desperate with their job on the line.

Jerry Jones has been in the public eye (and especially fans of his franchise's eyes) for almost three and a half decades. Re-read the quote for which you created this thread. Those words? Those words are the norm for Jerry Jones. There are volumes of past examples uttered by him that quality his statements as such.

Please do not involuntarily excuse Jones for his public statements. They are not generally similar to what other people would say in relatable situations.

slick325

Reaction score
This message is the literal definition of a Carnival Barker. Lol...thank you Barnum. All I need now is a statement from Bailey exhorting positive vibes. Then and only then will I be ready to run through a wall for the Cowboys!!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen could potentially drop a nuclear bomb on Frisco and still offer words of encouragement to "make it right." :omg:

Asklesko

Reaction score
It's always darkest before the dawn. I suppose Jerry sees Cooper Rush as that dawn.

johneric8

Reaction score
I was a constant poster here on the forums last season and beyond but because of last years debacle against San Fran I hung up my cleats.. I never purchase Cowboys mech, or spend money on anything Cowboys because of their failures and I will admit to checking out after last season... I almost feel dirty pretending I can support Jerry! I feel like he is an prideful egomaniac whom is suffering from all the horrible seed he has sewn quite honestly.. It's obvious Karma has caught up to him and his franchise..

jhj7098

Reaction score

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

What a Grifter Jones is. His snake oil salesmanship is old and defeated. I will always be a Cowboys fan, but I am not on board with this ownership group and their lust for money over winning football games. The only thing positive Jerry has going right now is fans with disposable income. His team has regressed, again, and will look more like the years during the Dave Campo era for some time.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Just think positively and insert a biblical reference and suddenly the Cowboys are contenders again.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He has not seen that done by him. He has seen others do it because they let their HC's run the team.

His view is all he sees. It is not the view of a cock-eyed optimist, it is the view of an optimist without action. He wishes it so and suffers no penalty when it isn't.