Jerry Jones Has A Message To Cowboys Fans

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He always talks in an odd way, like English is a second language.
That is a good observation. Some observers associate Jones' speech patterns as some by-product of dementia. The problem is Jones' speech patterns have been the same since February 1989 when he became a public figure following the purchase of the franchise.

It is discernable he does not suffer from aphasia or paraphasia. He comprehends what others say to him. His speech is not slurred (whenever he is sober that is). His speech is not littered with incorrect word associations. For example, he does not say aloud that Stephen is his daughter or Charlotte is his son.

A simple answer may be that his speech pattern is learned behavior from childhood. Some people do grow up and continue speaking in the fashion they are most comfortable with despite other common life influences like college, etc.

I wish there was old video of Jones from his twenties or even thirties. It would help prove how he talks is normal or abnormal for him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/jerry-jones-cowboys-season-over-david-slay-the-giant

"One of the things that has stood me about football, and I'm comparing to the things that we all do every day away from the football is that it can be looking very dark, dark for you and then it can reverse on you in an instant," Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. "It can go positive in an instant after you've got -- we've got a lot of football. We've got a lot of really top football players. And we got an outstanding group that's coaching them up in my view. ... You can think negatively and everybody does and that's normal. But, boy, we got a lot of positive things we can do. I have seen it just hopeless and walk out there and David slay the giant. I've seen it done."

bunk-moreland.gif

cowboyblue22

Reaction score

"One of the things that has stood me about football, and I'm comparing to the things that we all do every day away from the football is that it can be looking very dark, dark for you and then it can reverse on you in an instant," Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. "It can go positive in an instant after you've got -- we've got a lot of football. We've got a lot of really top football players. And we got an outstanding group that's coaching them up in my view. ... You can think negatively and everybody does and that's normal. But, boy, we got a lot of positive things we can do. I have seen it just hopeless and walk out there and David slay the giant. I've seen it done."
lol he has lots of things he wants to sell wants to keep every one talking about the cowboys you have to remember cooper rush is the starting qb now very few teams in the nfl win very few games without quality qb play and rush is just a guy

RS12

Reaction score
It's obvious Karma has caught up to him and his franchise..
If by karma you mean showing you are completely inept at what you doing after more than a quarter century of doing it, that caught up to this franchise long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Mercy please, Jerrys condition is just getting worse, not making fun of what aging does to the brain sometimes, but that is worse than the Al Davis syndrome by a long mile.
SJ is a total wuss of a son for never counseling pops, SJ or some family member with some backbone if there is one should be stepping up, the media has their mikes pointed and ready.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Mercy please, Jerrys condition is just getting worse, not making fun of what aging does to the brain sometimes, but that is worse than the Al Davis syndrome by a long mile.
SJ is a total wuss of a son for never counseling pops, SJ or some family member with some backbone if there is one should be stepping up, the media has their mikes pointed and ready.
charlotte is the one with the balls, he/she should take him aside. Only Rich knows the secrets.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

One of the things that has stood out to me about football is that the Jones family doesn't know much about football.

stinkface

Reaction score
That light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train named Cincinnati that played like crap last week. This could be like a 35 to 10 game. Wonder what Snake oil Jerry will rub on that.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
I have a felling the other teams in the NFL have some good players too and much better coaching and ownerships.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
charlotte is the one with the balls, he/she should take him aside. Only Rich knows the secrets.
Would be an awesome day if someone representing the Jones clan would step up to the mike, that's all it would take, they would immediately become black sheep of the family, but if Charlotte were to do so, at the perfect time which is NOW,, she would capture the entire media, Cowboys Nation, and would be national hype before the evening news broke.
Just saying, everyone in this family knows and understands their place.
This is Jerrys gig till he draws his last breath.

LysleE

Reaction score
Jerry’s drivel reminds me of a line uttered by George Costanza from Seinfeld: “Jerry…it’s not a lie if YOU believe it”

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
One of the things that has stood out to me about football is that the Jones family doesn't know much about football.
Appreciate the input, but your a little slow to the dance if you are just recognizing this.
They knew oil.

RS12

Reaction score
Would be an awesome day if someone representing the Jones clan would step up to the mike, that's all it would take, they would immediately become black sheep of the family,
LOLZ! With billions in inheritance around the corner, I am thinking that is kind of unlikely.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Appreciate the input, but your a little slow to the dance if you are just recognizing this.
They knew oil.

First few years were good because he hired a head coach and let him do what he needed to do. Jones just funneled in the money that it took. We really lucked out that Jimmy was an old college buddy of Jerry's. Since then, Jerry has been trying to show the world that he's a football man, but all he's shown is that he's not.